Shakira - 'Las Mujeres Ya No Lloran'

Doogle

38 minutes ago, crazyncool said:

She is doing some singing, including a chorus, and even referencing some of Shak’s biggest classics.

The song is good but the biggest gags in the album are Tiempo Sin Verte (which is clearly for Hamilton) and Como Donde Y Cuando 

Is ultima gonna make us cry? It made Afo verde cry, is this pique’s “lo que más”?

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GeeDuval

• LatinFreak

• Giancor

• EtherealCat

5 minutes ago, GeeDuval said:

Is ultima gonna make us cry? It made Afo verde cry, is this pique’s “lo que más”?

It is a beautiful song. It’s gonna upset some people, too. She really poured her heart out. First verse is powerful, but the second one really talks about how things went down in the end. The chorus is heartbreaking.

Another great thing about this album is that we get yodelkira back. She belts out some great notes at the end of Tiempo Sin Verte.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, crazyncool said:

It is a beautiful song. It’s gonna upset some people, too. She really poured her heart out. First verse is powerful, but the second one really talks about how things went down in the end. The chorus is heartbreaking.

Another great thing about this album is that we get yodelkira back. She belts out some great notes at the end of Tiempo Sin Verte.

What about Nassau and Entre Paréntesis? 

50 minutes ago, crazyncool said:

Ugh ! That bastard, but thank you for sharing without giving away too much. 

So from the sound of things she did pour her heart into majority of this project, minus the obvious afo verde favors, song she took from rauw and tqg.

I just want it to be Friday already lol 

4 hours ago, crazyncool said:

Is nassau encariñada? 

another interview in which she calls Pique Voldemort https://www.nytimes.com/2024/03/18/arts/music/shakira-las-mujeres-ya-no-lloran.html
• "There is a narrative. It’s a conceptual album without it being my initial intention. You know, no one plans on going through a breakup the way I did. And the dissolution of a family — that is probably one of the most painful things a human can experience. But it happened. If life gives you lemons, you make lemonade. That’s what I did with this album — use my own creativity to process my frustration and my anger and my sadness. I transmuted or transformed pain into productivity."
• "For “Punteria” (“Aiming”), I thought, “How cool would it be to have a woman rapper here?” The only person who came to my mind was Cardi B. I had just met her in Paris and she seemed so nice. So I reached out, I sent her the song, and she jumped on it right away. It was actually an enormous pleasure to work with her. I find her so creative and witty and direct and unapologetically genuine."
• "One of the best studio sessions that I’ve ever had was with Grupo Frontera. I had just come from surfing in Malibu, and I went to the studio with my hair still wet, and they were there. They came in with this pure, genuine energy."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

14 hours ago, Giancor said:

Is nassau encariñada? 

no

• Like 1

the only woman rapper she could think of was cardi? i wonder what will happen if a certain someone sees this

• Haha 3

20 hours ago, crazyncool said:

She is doing some singing, including a chorus, and even referencing some of Shak's biggest classics.

The song is good but the biggest gags in the album are Tiempo Sin Verte (which is clearly for Hamilton) and Como Donde Y Cuando 

Would you say the chorus of Punteria is powerful? Does she do the “ohh aw" that we heard in the album teaser? 

Still waiting for something today :psyduck:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Nefertiti0 said:

another interview in which she calls Pique Voldemort https://www.nytimes.com/2024/03/18/arts/music/shakira-las-mujeres-ya-no-lloran.html
• "There is a narrative. It's a conceptual album without it being my initial intention. You know, no one plans on going through a breakup the way I did. And the dissolution of a family — that is probably one of the most painful things a human can experience. But it happened. If life gives you lemons, you make lemonade. That's what I did with this album — use my own creativity to process my frustration and my anger and my sadness. I transmuted or transformed pain into productivity."
• "For “Punteria" (“Aiming”), I thought, “How cool would it be to have a woman rapper here?” The only person who came to my mind was Cardi B. I had just met her in Paris and she seemed so nice. So I reached out, I sent her the song, and she jumped on it right away. It was actually an enormous pleasure to work with her. I find her so creative and witty and direct and unapologetically genuine."
• "One of the best studio sessions that I've ever had was with Grupo Frontera. I had just come from surfing in Malibu, and I went to the studio with my hair still wet, and they were there. They came in with this pure, genuine energy."

Thanks for sharing this! That was a great article. 

She also hints at potentially another album, saying "I have the feeling I'll be making a lot more music now". 

• Like 2

Did your popularity, your celebrity, help get you through those rough years?

Not the fact of being a celebrity. I not only had to face the dissolution of my family — I had to do it with the journalists at my doorstep, with people talking about it, with me learning stuff from the press myself. It was really extremely painful. But my fans just know me and understand me and forgive my mistakes, and they support me, whatever decisions I make. 

ummmmmmm has her team seen the Shakira threads on ATRL?:gaycat5:

This reminded of the time she lost a lot of fans before the cross over, she was dating Antonio de la rua. they called her a sell out, all sorts of bad press and the whole drama cause he was the son of the president of Argentina, at the end of the day they still supported her making it the biggest crossover in Latin music history.

Shakira's fans have always been toxic lol 

Edited by GeeDuval
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, tomaseba said:

Promo :party: 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, tomaseba said:

I knew she wasn't rehearsing for fun lol!

2 hours ago, tomaseba said:

Still waiting for something today :psyduck:

I remember when she released Nada on a Monday on ED release week. I don't think that would be a good idea tbh since we are so close to the release :WAP: wonder if she will perform Puntería with Cardi or something else

2 hours ago, Julia Fox said:

I knew she wasn't rehearsing for fun lol!

I remember when she released Nada on a Monday on ED release week. I don't think that would be a good idea tbh since we are so close to the release :WAP: wonder if she will perform Puntería with Cardi or something else

I meant Ultima's snippet or Puntería MV picture :psyduck: we're 3 days left 

Shes weirdly quiet for it being 3 days before album release. :gaycat6:

She just posted a clip of Ultima - her voice sounds incredible!

• Like 3

E-mails went out to pre-order / pre-save the album and had a note saying this is going to be "a fun couple of week." So she's definitely going to be doing promo it seems. 

She sounds good on la última 

i miss her ballads with guitars and other instruments tho

lowkey tired of piano 

but still very cute 

Is there any hype on this ? 

Última sounds cute :coffee2:

still waiting for a major announcement or something exciting to hype things up this week a little bit :coffee2:

30 minutes ago, shark_heather said:

Is there any hype on this ? 

Don't know if that was shade, But don't know why people are expecting this to be a major cultural movement or something. 

is just Shakira's album that basically built itself after two scrapped projects due to a breakup that will probably pull decent numbers hopefully. She said it herself she wasn't planning for this to be a cohesive project.

We were supposed to get Another playlist, at least the first half of the album sounds cohesive. She Saw the support after the breakup and she's milking it. Simple

She's back she's promoting and touring that's all that matters. She's not promoting from her couch or kitchen, sounds like there's potential for another volume BOOM she's back.:clap3:

• Like 1

That Ultima clip sounds beautiful! I think this album is going to be critically acclaimed. All the songs so far sound awesome. 

38 minutes ago, GeeDuval said:

Don't know if that was shade, But don't know why people are expecting this to be a major cultural movement or something. 

is just Shakira's album that basically built itself after two scrapped projects due to a breakup that will probably pull decent numbers hopefully. She said it herself she wasn't planning for this to be a cohesive project.

We were supposed to get Another playlist, at least the first half of the album sounds cohesive. She Saw the support after the breakup and she's milking it. Simple

She's back she's promoting and touring that's all that matters. She's not promoting from her couch or kitchen, sounds like there's potential for another volume BOOM she's back.:clap3:

Nono there is no shade 

Im just worried , i hope it creates a big buzz on Friday 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.