• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GeeDuval

• LatinFreak

• Giancor

• EtherealCat

A bit off topic but can someone please explain why are Karol G stans on twitter constantly shading Shakira now?? And i am seeing Shakira stans now shading Karol G back.

Was there some kind of beef or something between them? I really like TQG but i don't understand what went wrong?

Mexican lobos, if you pre-ordered the album either cd or vinyl you can answer this trivia for a chance to listen to the album early. (not sure if it's a listening party or how.) 

Good luck! 

https://www.mixup.com/trivia-shakira

• Thumbs Down 1

7 hours ago, EtherealCat said:

whats wrong with 35? she not exactly releasing a lot of new songs

We will see. 35 is a bit low

33 minutes ago, BOOM! said:

A bit off topic but can someone please explain why are Karol G stans on twitter constantly shading Shakira now?? And i am seeing Shakira stans now shading Karol G back.

Was there some kind of beef or something between them? I really like TQG but i don't understand what went wrong?

I think all the drama started from the Woman in the music announcement but we are not the only one questioning

Taylor and Beyonce fans did as well. Taylor should get it

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, shakeyourbombom said:

I think all the drama started from the Woman in the music announcement

Sorry but what announcement?

14 hours ago, shakeyourbombom said:

Me neither but we will see if she rises to only 35 or not. 35 is more like a troll. 

I'm thinking top 10 during debut of album. Going from 57 to 35 is like Justin Timberlake album numbers. Shakira is a way stronger force than Justin Timberlake. 

5 minutes ago, BOOM! said:

Karol G won the Billboard Woman of the year title in Women in Music

https://www.billboard.com/video/karol-g-woman-of-the-year-speech-billboard-women-in-music-2024/#

A lot of fanbases questioned about it but they only come for us. Again, Taylor should get it.

Her highest charting and biggest hit in the US is TQG.

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, BOOM! said:

some people just like to fight and they are obvious targets for each other

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, SoundsandSongs said:

I'm thinking top 10 during debut of album. Going from 57 to 35 is like Justin Timberlake album numbers. Shakira is a way stronger force than Justin Timberlake. 

Yeah JT rose from 155 to 62 after the album release.

62 is still lower than Shakira (56)

11 minutes ago, BOOM! said:

Billboard woman in music, although she’s doing her thing people were just wondering why she got it before Taylor and Beyoncé when they both had bigger year than Karol. 

karol is doing her thing but her team is hungry at the moment. She could have taken latin woman of the year which is celebrated September I think, but I guess that was too beneath her, which sparked criticism.

shakira fans mind their business for the most part, they just start spitting stats when certain Stans start throwing shade and guess they don’t like it. :gaycat5: 

Edited by GeeDuval
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

QueenofCopyPaste

Punteria will be pushed hard in playlist

Get ready. 

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, GeeDuval said:

Billboard woman in music, although she’s doing her thing people were just wondering why she got it before Taylor and Beyoncé when they both had bigger year than Karol. 

karol is doing her thing but her team is hungry at the moment. She could have taken latin woman of the year which is celebrated September I think, but I guess that was too beneath her, which sparked criticism.

shakira fans mind their business for the most part, they just start spitting stats when certain Stans start throwing shade and guess they don’t like it. :gaycat5: 

Yeah she's too early to get that. She smashed in Spain, US (Latin) and LATAM but still a long way to go.

Billboard gave hints about the recipient but no one was thinking of Karol.

1 hour ago, BOOM! said:

Because Karol is stomping Shak in every metric and pitting women against each other is the favorite pastime of some obsessed fans. She's having her moment which she deserves and she has nothing but praise for her idol, yet people are being obtuse and resort to petty stanwars online because they live vicariously through their favorite artist. I don't even care about her music or follow her career but she's not harming anyone nor does her current success take away anything from Shak's legend status. 

She's the first Latin artist to get a #1 album in the US and her tour is MASSIVE with a catalogue 100% in Spanish. It's a cause for celebration, not idiotic stanwars. Get a life.

Edited by Lorelei
  • Like 5

28 minutes ago, Lorelei said:

Because Karol is stomping Shak in every metric and pitting women against each other is the favorite pastime of some obsessed fans. She's having her moment which she deserves and she has nothing but praise for her idol, yet people are being obtuse and resort to petty stanwars online because they live vicariously through their favorite artist. I don't even care about her music or follow her career but she's not harming anyone nor does her current success take away anything from Shak's legend status. 

She's the first Latin artist to get a #1 album in the US and her tour is MASSIVE with a catalogue 100% in Spanish. It's a cause for celebration, not idiotic stanwars. Get a life.

Nobody brought Shakira into the mix…..!!!

karol g fabs I mean “fans” just cocky and started dropping names, I’ve seen the twitter comments even here, these are the same trolls that called her a hoe and now riding the popularity train lol

she did not deserve woman of the year and that’s what hurts, cause it was obviously bought Beyoncé or Taylor deserved it that’s all, Shakira had nothing to do with all that. 

Stans need to learn todo lo que sube baja. Algunos más rápidos que otros, how’s the phone throwing king of pop doing ? Just saying :gaycat5:

Edited by GeeDuval

29 minutes ago, GeeDuval said:

Nobody brought Shakira into the mix…..!!!

karol g fabs I mean “fans” just cocky and started dropping names, I’ve seen the twitter comments even here, these are the same trolls that called her a hoe and now riding the popularity train lol

she did not deserve woman of the year and that’s what hurts, cause it was obviously bought Beyoncé or Taylor deserved it that’s all, Shakira had nothing to do with all that. 

Stans need to learn todo lo que sube baja. Algunos más rápidos que otros, how’s the phone throwing king of pop doing ? Just saying :gaycat5:

I don't know, i felt it was pretty deserving of a Latin artist to get her flowers for a #1 album in the US for a change, unlike the same overrated people getting honored over and over again.

• Like 2

Do we know if she is doing any promo this days??

What can we expect?

- Puntería music video 

what else?? :duca: I’m exited 

For some it's about time to finally  exit this fandom. Nothing but negativity 24/7 & that on album release week.  If you can't appreciate her recent output, just leave and let the rest of us enjoy this era. We have new singles and a tour coming, after waiting for 7 years . Lots of things to be excited about.

• Thanks 5

Wait the Cardi collab has potential. Hopefully Cardi will not be singing and only rap

spacer.png

27 minutes ago, Ivan_brit said:

Do we know if she is doing any promo this days??

What can we expect?

- Puntería music video 

what else?? :duca: I’m exited 

she posted those rehersal pictures, i dont think we know what those are for yet

25 minutes ago, Red Hot Moon said:

For some it's about time to finally  exit this fandom. Nothing but negativity 24/7 & that on album release week.  If you can't appreciate her recent output, just leave and let the rest of us enjoy this era. We have new singles and a tour coming, after waiting for 7 years . Lots of things to be excited about.

Seriously. They’re so annoying. 

1 hour ago, Red Hot Moon said:

Thank you  :clap3:

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Red Hot Moon said:

Love this ! Thank you.

My point exactly, they’re starting to sound like trolls every damn thread. Granted we’re not supposed to like Everything the woman does or releases, but this is actually an exciting moment to be a Shakira fan. Even going through her darkest moments was still feeding us bops and looks. 

can’t wait for Friday!

• Like 1

Tea. The Shakira fanbase is one of the most toxic i ever been. Always upset :gaycat2:

5 hours ago, West Coast said:

Wait the Cardi collab has potential. Hopefully Cardi will not be singing and only rap

spacer.png

She is doing some singing, including a chorus, and even referencing some of Shak’s biggest classics.

The song is good but the biggest gags in the album are Tiempo Sin Verte (which is clearly for Hamilton) and Como Donde Y Cuando 

• Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.