Shakira - 'Las Mujeres Ya No Lloran'

Doogle

9 minutes ago, EtherealCat said:

i think the funny part is how deranged some of the predictions are

But here or on twitter ?

cause nobody is expecting her to do ego bunny’s numbers. But some people on here swear that she’s on chiquis rivera’s level that she can’t pull slightly better numbers than el dorado. Especially after 2 hits and great numbers with TF, Monotonía/acróstico. 

Meanwhile we got some faves on here called legends but can’t crack the top 20. :gaycat5: 

• Like 1

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GeeDuval

• LatinFreak

• Giancor

• EtherealCat

55 minutes ago, GeeDuval said:

But here or on twitter ?

cause nobody is expecting her to do ego bunny’s numbers. But some people on here swear that she’s on chiquis rivera’s level that she can’t pull slightly better numbers than el dorado. Especially after 2 hits and great numbers with TF, Monotonía/acróstico. 

Meanwhile we got some faves on here called legends but can’t crack the top 20. :gaycat5: 

both, top 20 is definitely not guaranteed, acrostico is the last song that had any traction and that was almost a year ago like she kind of wasted her moment

• Thumbs Down 1

I'm betting on 15 - 18 mil on the first day, considering Ariana did a little north of 50. Maybe she will surprise us in the end, we'll see.

Sounds good :jonny3:Shakira really knows how to do Latin Pop. 

So far she’s 7/7 with the snippets for me can’t wait for Next Friday 

• Like 3

The first day streaming numbers will depend highly on Puntería. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, alanmontes said:

The first day streaming numbers will depend highly on Puntería. 

Yes

So i guess the lead ( and probably only ) single will come out next week with the album  , right ? 

Do we expect also a tour announcement ? 

• Like 1

Ultima is a “Piano song” :coffee2:

So far 7/7

Im hyped already. 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, shark_heather said:

So i guess the lead ( and probably only ) single will come out next week with the album  , right ? 

It looks like the lead will come out on the same day as the album. I think the album will have at least 2-3 more singles to promote the album and tour.

There’s a collab with Grupo Frontera, a popular regional Mexican group, that’s guaranteed to be a single. I think she would release a solo single too. 

2 hours ago, rta1913 said:

Our girl still has it. Great chorus. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, EtherealCat said:

i think the funny part is how deranged some of the predictions are

Oh no yeah I agree that’s why I said they set themselves up lol

i originally said 60k to 70k and then I found out el dorado debuted at 15 WITH the streaming points at 35k I was like welp there goes that lol 

2 hours ago, rta1913 said:

Sounds a bit generic I fear, but I'm loving her voice in all the snippets we've heard so far, especially because we finally hear touches of her yodelling again and her lower register. Much better than her delivery in some recent songs, like the opening verse of Copa Vacia :pukey:

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, 305 said:

But why tf did they waste a year of hype? Such a weird strategy 

Mayb cause she had to write and produce a whole album waddafak

• Confused 2

7 hours ago, shark_heather said:

what do you mean only? theres already 7

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, shark_heather said:

yes for the tour

3 hours ago, Spartan528 said:

Mayb cause she had to write and produce a whole album waddafak

Most of these songs were recorded 3-5 years ago minus the new Bizarrap track :rip:

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I'm on the fence with Puntería, but the rest of the unreleased tracks sound heavenly. 

Also, I think the release of the album & the tour announcement will mark the end of this era. ED had a similar release strategy. The album will be Gold in the US on release day with a chance to go Platinum depending on P's performance. Opening numbers are obviously not the focus.

14 hours ago, rta1913 said:

La Reina being generous giving us 2 old school Shakira tracks! Love it so far the production and mixing from what we’ve heard on the snippet sound cohesive in a way the only ones that still don’t do it for me are copa and el jefe. I guess those two were her favors to afo verde. Lol

im excited again! 

8 hours ago, Lorelei said:

Most of these songs were recorded 3-5 years ago minus the new Bizarrap track :rip:

That album that she recorded that long ago and was supposed to come out last year or the one before was scrapped because she and Pique split. She said that.. don’t you guys keep up with her?

Just now, Spartan528 said:

That album that she recorded that long ago and was supposed to come out last year or the one before was scrapped because she and Pique split. She said that.. don’t you guys keep up with her?

We do and by her own words the album was done in June 2022, as she stated during her press interviews after Te Felicito came out. The Tainy sessions have been rumored since 2019 and the breakup songs had been recorded circa 2021-2022. The only recent additions are La Fuerte and Punteria. 

She scrapped a couple of boring love songs for Pique and replaced them with post breakup sessions. That album should have come out last March.

3 hours ago, Lorelei said:

We do and by her own words the album was done in June 2022, as she stated during her press interviews after Te Felicito came out. The Tainy sessions have been rumored since 2019 and the breakup songs had been recorded circa 2021-2022. The only recent additions are La Fuerte and Punteria. 

She scrapped a couple of boring love songs for Pique and replaced them with post breakup sessions. That album should have come out last March.

It's possibly that she may follow up with an English album soon. This is her album for Sony Latin. She still has an album to deliver for RCA. 

47 minutes ago, vuelve88 said:

It's possibly that she may follow up with an English album soon. This is her album for Sony Latin. She still has an album to deliver for RCA. 

How many albums has it been already since she renewed her contract with Sony? Wasn’t that pre sale el sol? I think after she wolf there was some buzz going around that she was leaving Sony and they ended giving her a huge deal no?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.