Shakira - 'Las Mujeres Ya No Lloran'

Doogle

7 hours ago, BOOM! said:

David Stewart retweeted it...

EJcrOxBWwAEmm2N.jpg

This sounds like stock music for a loading screen, it reminds me of her game app actually :rip: we needed latin sounds in English for this collab, not this mess. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GeeDuval

• LatinFreak

• Giancor

• EtherealCat

8 hours ago, BOOM! said:

EJcrOxBWwAEmm2N.jpg

hmmm I think I will like it. it's looking like a softener/carefree bop song to launch the era

Edited by theweekend

10 hours ago, BOOM! said:

EJcrOxBWwAEmm2N.jpg

LMFAO this is a snippet of a song thats actually going to be on the album? :ahh:I genuinely thought this was just some filler background music she was using to announce the album on her Insta. 

It sounds like background music you would hear in some Bratz PlayStation 2 video game from the early 2000's :ahh::ahh:

• Haha 3

17 minutes ago, Bookmark99 said:

LMFAO this is a snippet of a song thats actually going to be on the album? :ahh:I genuinely thought this was just some filler background music she was using to announce the album on her Insta. 

It sounds like background music you would hear in some Bratz PlayStation 2 video game from the early 2000's :ahh::ahh:

Exactly. Although, some songs can sound a little silly with no vocals so idk 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, GeeDuval said:

The closer we get to release day the more I agree with ATRL…Shakira fans are just a bunch of whiners lol :gaycat5:

anything this woman releases at this point is just basic to you all huh? Granted her songs are not fixations DELL LS level and they won’t be, but damn she has been giving decent bops. IMO

she basically let the album create itself, she saw breakup worked with TF & 53 and just rolled with it.

To me all the stuff I’ve heard since TF sounds fresh with new sounds especially for her except for copa &  jefe which were a mess but damn come on guys.

you guys are setting yourselves up for disappointment if ya keep reading everything you read. Or “insiders” comparing songs. Wasn’t don’t wait up compared to hung up and a Rihanna song ? And that’s tea

Yeah there's nothing to please the old fans it seems. If she does commercial music they complain, if she tries new things they still complain. There's just no pleasing these people lol

That being said i always thought that snippet was the #53 remix, shocked to find out its apparently Punteria. Sounds like a bop

• Thanks 1

On 3/9/2024 at 2:14 PM, Giancor said:

Actually , Future has a secret collab with Shakira :giraffe: But it’s in the vault 

Wait is this sarcasm or the truth lol

12 hours ago, BOOM! said:

Based on the snippets alone, album sounds like a MESS tbh. :rip:

We are getting a mix of everything. Pop, rock, dance and they all have a theme. If anything this sounds like it's gonna be alot of fun 

11 hours ago, tomaseba said:

Some users here said that is a bop and "female despacito"  :rip:

I mean you never know if the song and video is good they could serve and I'd want nothing more for both of the woman to have a female despacito smash

11 hours ago, EtherealCat said:

we'll see but punteria sounds ******* awful

Shocker you coming in here with negativity as always 🙄 

4 hours ago, Johnny Cash said:

This sounds like stock music for a loading screen, it reminds me of her game app actually :rip: we needed latin sounds in English for this collab, not this mess. 

It apparently has an eclectic production so don't write it off just yet

1 hour ago, Bookmark99 said:

Considering alot of people actually like the music put out by bratz this isn't the diss that you think it is

3 hours ago, theweekend said:

hmmm I think I will like it. it's looking like a softener/carefree bop song to launch the era

It's suppose to be uptempo choreo heavy sexual and explicit 

47 minutes ago, alestevens said:

Yeah there's nothing to please the old fans it seems. If she does commercial music they complain, if she tries new things they still complain. There's just no pleasing these people lol

That being said i always thought that snippet was the #53 remix, shocked to find out its apparently Punteria. Sounds like a bop

Their nostalgia is now gatekeeping her but if she were to serve her root she would flopnthen get dragged for that. Her old music will always be readily available for ya to stream if that's the version you love and support. The loyalty to committ isn't obligated. 

6 hours ago, rta1913 said:

I know the #1 was a reach but you know it wasn't the craziest idea. Bad Bunny of course pulls big numbers but for example Karol managed to get the #1 last year with 94k units and I don't want to make more Karol vs Shakira discussions but honestly if Karol could, why not Shakira?

Of course the situations are different:

1. Although both albums have 17 tracks, Karol's were all their own tracks. Shakira has 15 proper tracks, one remix and one Spanish version of a song.
  2. Only 4 tracks were previously released for MSB, while LMYNL has 7 tracks released. That is 13 new tracks vs 8.
  3. Karol was EVERYWHERE promoting and while it is great to see Shakira more invested this time (at least compared to the last era), I don't see her promoting as hard.

Finally what helped Karol and her album was the push from a big single (TQG) which itself landed on the top 10. If Shakira manages to get a hit like that the numbers could be very healthy, she's at a repeak in popularity after these past couple of years and while yes she should've capitalized on it and release last year, I think there's still hype there. But now knowing the #1 is for sure NOT a possibility it makes me sad a little.

She had plenty of opportunities to drop this and a secure a history making number one spot. The best chance would've been either after the superbowl first time around or the vmas but she fumbled hard and now here we are. We better at least get a bunch of photoshoots and interviews. Because that recent article implied her tour doesn't start until next year for whatever because she may drop another album either end of this year or beginning of next year. Most of Shakira's singles on this record were as big as Karol's eras as a whole. Both woman are at 2 different points in their careers why compare? Shakira won't promote. Lady most likely just wants to get the tour overwith and payback her taxes lol what tqg was for Karol is what we're hoping that Punteria is for both Shak and Cardi

14 hours ago, BOOM! said:

Uhm ... ok?

I wanted reggeaton or something else, this is gonna be wild 

7 hours ago, Johnny Cash said:

I wonder who told her that everyone wants EDM from her in 2024, especially with a Cardi b feature :rip: 

• Like 2

Sorry i dont know any of you but WOW you guys hate Shakira :rip: 

nothing but negativity for a woman who is still releasing HIT AFTER HIT and did debut in 1990 :rip:

That snippet screams summer hit i’m excited :duca: 

• Thanks 3

3 hours ago, Lorelei said:

I wonder who told her that everyone wants EDM from her in 2024, especially with a Cardi b feature :rip: 

Considering how big Sessions 54 was clearly you're wrong. Ya hate it when she does reggaeton anyways so what's the issue then? Also pop is making a comeback in the Latin scene so this is smart 

5 hours ago, Daniel767 said:

Uhm ... ok?

I wanted reggeaton or something else, this is gonna be wild 

All the insiders seemed more than satisified with the song let's chillout lobas 

2 hours ago, Funnyfatty said:

Sorry i dont know any of you but WOW you guys hate Shakira :rip: 

nothing but negativity for a woman who is still releasing HIT AFTER HIT and did debut in 1990 :rip:

That snippet screams summer hit i’m excited :duca: 

Yeah it's getting ridiculous. My only issue with her is how lazy she is and how so anti promo she is and the fact that they dragged out this album campaign for so long but other than that I'm excited and still supporting 

9 hours ago, SchmoodRing said:

Wait is this sarcasm or the truth lol

@1:41

RWLjltu.png

1 hour ago, Giancor said:

@1:41

RWLjltu.png

:soda:

But the song is probably good so she'll never release it

• Haha 1

I was hoping for more album news today. :gaycat6:

The way you all want to pigeonhole her into one genre or another and haven't realized that she's doing a mix of everything and doesn't want to be boxed into one specific style. Get over it, she's having fun with her artistry and just doing what makes her feel good not what people expect of her. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Jaye said:

The way you all want to pigeonhole her into one genre or another and haven't realized that she's doing a mix of everything and doesn't want to be boxed into one specific style. Get over it, she's having fun with her artistry and just doing what makes her feel good not what people expect of her. 

Nobody is doing that, we're judging her because she's wasting a Cardi B collab on an EDM track, a genre that is not Cardi's strength. 

She's also barely released English music anymore because she thinks people don't want her to sing in that language, when in reality her English songs keep flopping because they have been terrible lately. She's doing mostly reggaeton songs for almost a decade, and not even one has been in English despite the fact that it would easily be a hit. HDL (one of the biggest hits ever) is a reggaeton influenced song in English and she's like "yeah, don't let me do that again" :ace:

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

3 hours ago, Johnny Cash said:

Nobody is doing that, we're judging her because she's wasting a Cardi B collab on an EDM track, a genre that is not Cardi's strength. 

She's also barely released English music anymore because she thinks people don't want her to sing in that language, when in reality her English songs keep flopping because they have been terrible lately. She's doing mostly reggaeton songs for almost a decade, and not even one has been in English despite the fact that it would easily be a hit. HDL (one of the biggest hits ever) is a reggaeton influenced song in English and she's like "yeah, don't let me do that again" :ace:

So you're more concerned about her chart success as opposed to her releasing music she's actually enjoying releasing especially when we haven't even heard half the album? She's 30+ years into her career and has achieved every possible award you could win as an artist and performed on every single big stage there is to perform on so do you honestly believe she's that concerned? She's a latin artist who happens to be able to translate success with english songs. That is not her main demographic or core audience in the slightest and even with her songs that performed the worst they still got played everywhere (i.e; don't wait up was playing everywhere in department stores & gyms around LA from personal experience).. She has explicitly stated that she loves the streaming era because she can release whatever she wants when she feels like it and it doesn't have to be as cohesive anymore yet despite it all the current single track run has still told a story and a narrative in the way she wants it told. For as much as y'all trash talk Afo Verde the reason Shakira loves her label is because they literally let her do whatever she wants and give her full control of her artistry. She is in full control of her career and is doing everything how she wants to do it as she should and at the end of the day she's still showing more versality than 99% of latin artists out there today who are all very one-note in their music. :rip:

Edited by Jaye
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jaye said:

So you're more concerned about her chart success as opposed to her releasing music she's actually enjoying releasing especially when we haven't even heard half the album? She's 30+ years into her career and has achieved every possible award you could win as an artist and performed on every single big stage there is to perform on so do you honestly believe she's that concerned? She's a latin artist who happens to be able to translate success with english songs. That is not her main demographic or core audience in the slightest and even with her songs that performed the worst they still got played everywhere (i.e; don't wait up was playing everywhere in department stores & gyms around LA from personal experience).. She has explicitly stated that she loves the streaming era because she can release whatever she wants when she feels like it and it doesn't have to be as cohesive anymore yet despite it all the current single track run has still told a story and a narrative in the way she wants it told. For as much as y'all trash talk Afo Verde the reason Shakira loves her label is because they literally let her do whatever she wants and give her full control of her artistry. She is in full control of her career and is doing everything how she wants to do it as she should and at the end of the day she's still showing more versality than 99% of latin artists out there today who are all very one-note in their music. :rip:

Just because she's enjoying it doesn't mean it's good :rip: As a fan I want her to be successful AND release great music, I would settle for the latter but that's clearly not what she's been doing the last few years.

That is not her main demographic or core audience in the slightest and even with her songs that performed the worst they still got played everywhere (i.e; don't wait up was playing everywhere in department stores & gyms around LA from personal experience)

Her demographic is the WORLD! Y'all love to call her global and yet say things like this trying to minimize her potential, then get angry when the American twinks in this forum say the exact same thing.

she's still showing more versality than 99% of latin artists out there today who are all very one-note in their music. :rip:

I don't want limit her to latin artist comparisons, it's not impressive if she's better than Thalia or Peso Pluma :skull: if those are your standards then great I guess, enjoy your Me Gustas and El Jefes :zzz:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

its time to announce the tour already :thing:

6 minutes ago, campelo said:

its time to announce the tour already :thing:

And the supposed second album La Mujeres Factoran 

When is she announcing the tour?

When is she announcing something? *fixed* :psyduck:

• Haha 1

So Cardi really is releasing her solo single this Friday. At this point i am not expecting anything at all from Punteria. Such a missed and wasted opportunity. I am so tired of Lazykira, really.

• Confused 1

Why tf is the album release date not written in the op? :rip: 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.