Shakira - 'Las Mujeres Ya No Lloran'

Doogle

3 minutes ago, liquiddiamonds said:

I don’t think Shakira ever had a shot at #1 in the US. No shade. Hopefully top 3

She was close with her last english album and she just scored 2 top 10 singles recently in the US so ppl were hoping she could maybe clear like 100k units first week which seemed feasible and enough to go #1 but now it's not happening for sure sadly 

Edited by IBeMe

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GeeDuval

• LatinFreak

• Giancor

• EtherealCat

4 minutes ago, IBeMe said:

She was close with her last english album and she just scored three top 2s recently in the US so ppl were hoping she could maybe clear like 100k units first week which seemed feasible and enough to go #1 but now it's not happening for sure sadly 

if she has pure sales ready to go she could do north of 70k, but how much are the recurring streams for the old tracks in the US? People won’t stream them as new ones, they will skip straight to the new material. I think only the Karol and Bizarrap ones could have a nice boost

what i do know and think is that this will be gold in no time and it might even become her first US platinum album in years in the long run

Edited by liquiddiamonds

yall need to rein in your deranged commercial expectations :giraffe:

5 hours ago, tomaseba said:

Also Peso Pluma is releasing his album on the 21st :coffee2:

Is it confirmed?

3 hours ago, liquiddiamonds said:

if she has pure sales ready to go she could do north of 70k, but how much are the recurring streams for the old tracks in the US? People won’t stream them as new ones, they will skip straight to the new material. I think only the Karol and Bizarrap ones could have a nice boost

what i do know and think is that this will be gold in no time and it might even become her first US platinum album in years in the long run

All of her albums reached platinum in the US, except She Wolf.

But she's too lazy to get them updated.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, EtherealCat said:

yall need to rein in your deranged commercial expectations :giraffe:

I'm expecting top 15 at best honestly  :skull: 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, tomaseba said:

Also Peso Pluma is releasing his album on the 21st :coffee2:

eww NO  :mazen: 

I don't mind Future releasing because she never had a chance for the #1 (or even top 10 lol)

But I wanted her to dominate the latin charts at least and if Peso Trash releases it's basically impossible  :rip:  He will have like the whole top 10 of Hot Latin Songs :rip:

Tbh I’m not getting my hopes up. She has a weird team. They take 2 steps forward 5 back. I’m not expecting her to do egomaniac bunny numbers, but will be happy if she at least pulls a top 10 with 40k-70k.

shes been consistent feeding us since 2018. Amazing looks dancing her ass off giving us sexy Shak which we’ve been asking for since she wolf. even with collaborations we didn’t ask for, but we know is all business with Sony. She’s more confident and is doing her thing still 30+ yrs in…at this point I’m just looking forward to the tour, just hoping it really does have that massive production they keep talking about and she doesn’t scrap things last minute like she always does. 

• Haha 1

I predict 8-15-37-89-OUT :eli:

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

5 minutes ago, BOOM! said:

David Stewart retweeted it...

EJcrOxBWwAEmm2N.jpg

WBK he posted about the song in the background from the album announcement the first day :coffee2:

Also insiders confirmed weeks ago that is Punteria :cm:

that instrumental is good

She needs 70k or so for #1, maybe even 65k. It's all down to how Peso Pluma does if he actually releases.

i was hoping that instrumental would be the new bizarrap song

Pure sales better come through 

Based on the snippets alone, album sounds like a MESS tbh. :rip:

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

7 minutes ago, Popboi. said:

She needs 70k or so for #1, maybe even 65k. It's all down to how Peso Pluma does if he actually releases.

#1 where? Future is releasing too, no?

8 minutes ago, BOOM! said:

Based on the snippets alone, album sounds like a MESS tbh. :rip:

*playlist :giraffe:

• Haha 1

we'll see but punteria sounds ******* awful

• Thumbs Down 1

Some users here said that is a bop and "female despacito"  :rip:

• Haha 1

sounds like an absolute bop :jamming:

It sounds good, but I’m also afraid it might be a “Don’t Wait Up” situation. I want to believe she is using this to launch the album because it’s a great song. 

• Like 1

I also hope Shakira plans on performing this song live soon with Cardi B, preferably during the release week. She has never performed with her female collaborators for some weird reason. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, vuelve88 said:

I also hope Shakira plans on performing this song live soon with Cardi B, preferably during the release week. She has never performed with her female collaborators for some weird reason. 

Let's pray for SNL, Kelly Clarkson Show and other promo for release week :chick3:

• Like 1

The closer we get to release day the more I agree with ATRL…Shakira fans are just a bunch of whiners lol :gaycat5:

anything this woman releases at this point is just basic to you all huh? Granted her songs are not fixations DELL LS level and they won’t be, but damn she has been giving decent bops. IMO

she basically let the album create itself, she saw breakup worked with TF & 53 and just rolled with it.

To me all the stuff I’ve heard since TF sounds fresh with new sounds especially for her except for copa &  jefe which were a mess but damn come on guys.

you guys are setting yourselves up for disappointment if ya keep reading everything you read. Or “insiders” comparing songs. Wasn’t don’t wait up compared to hung up and a Rihanna song ? And that’s tea

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.