Shakira - 'Las Mujeres Ya No Lloran'

Doogle

1 minute ago, Jaye said:

This was her Nicki collab until she backed out lol. She doesn't need to collab w/ the rest of them. Weeknd, Drake, and Bad Bunny are too big headed. They don't need an ego boost. 

Why does she keep working with Calvin Harris and then backing out. It's annoying as ****. Still curious till this day about the work that she did with RedOne, Max Martin, Fernando Garibay, Afrojack, Tiesto, Benny Blanco, The Dream, Ester Dean and Skrillex

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GeeDuval

• LatinFreak

• Giancor

• EtherealCat

I was going to order a CD with one of the variant covers from her website... girl why is the sipping 9 bucks?!

I think I will have to force myself to like the standard cover and order it from amazon or target :ahh:

not las mujeres facturan for the next album please, las mujeres ya no lloran is bad enough already. i dont think i believe 2 albums in a year anyway, thats not enough time to release half the collabs before album release

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tomaseba said:

Waiting for her to show up in these same clothes at some place at the Miami Beachwalk the week after the launch and give an acapella performance of 2/3 of the new single with some light dancing (okay, throw in there a small drum) that will get posted on her socials, and then that’ll be the extent of the promo/live performances until she goes on tour.

Edited by Breakthru
  • Haha 4

16 minutes ago, Breakthru said:

Waiting for her to show up in these same clothes at some place at the Miami Beachwalk the give after the launch and give an acapella performance of 2/3 of the new single with some light dancing (okay, throw in there a small drum) that will get posted on her socials, and then that’ll be the extent of the promo/live performances until she goes on tour.

Accurate! 

1 hour ago, rta1913 said:

I was going to order a CD with one of the variant covers from her website... girl why is the sipping 9 bucks?!

I think I will have to force myself to like the standard cover and order it from amazon or target :ahh:

I think target will sell the red version and amazing the blue.. I just like the vinyls. Still don't know about the green one. That might be the one exclusive to her site. 

1 hour ago, tomaseba said:

The anxiety I get when I only see 2 back-up dancers. Now is not the time to be low budget, Shaki. Go all out. :clap3:

4 minutes ago, vuelve88 said:

The anxiety I get when I only see 2 back-up dancers. Now is not the time to be low budget, Shaki. Go all out. :clap3:

If you look at her feet on the fist Pic there's a metal corset. So might be a TV show performance, but since it's on the floor, I who knows if she gave up on it for being uncomfortable. 

5 hours ago, EtherealCat said:

not las mujeres facturan for the next album please, las mujeres ya no lloran is bad enough already. i dont think i believe 2 albums in a year anyway, thats not enough time to release half the collabs before album release

You always have a stank ass attitude in Shakira threads along with that tone deaf avi. Are you actually a fan or no?

4 hours ago, Breakthru said:

Waiting for her to show up in these same clothes at some place at the Miami Beachwalk the week after the launch and give an acapella performance of 2/3 of the new single with some light dancing (okay, throw in there a small drum) that will get posted on her socials, and then that’ll be the extent of the promo/live performances until she goes on tour.

Who is letting her get away with being so lazy 

3 hours ago, vuelve88 said:

I mean she did take notes from her visit to the Renaissance tour and she needs to pay back her debts. Her last tour looked amazing though 

3 hours ago, LatinFreak said:

If you look at her feet on the fist Pic there's a metal corset. So might be a TV show performance, but since it's on the floor, I who knows if she gave up on it for being uncomfortable. 

I mean why would she be wearing it in the photo for rehearsals? It  probably was for a fitting 

9 hours ago, SchmoodRing said:

But you'll still be a fan so what does it even matter in the end? At least this album has a running theme so message wise their is some cohesion so there's that. She still and will always be my girl. I just feel like at this point she should be on her like 12th or 13th album? I forgot what number this album is because a 7 year wait for a new album is insane. Girl you got bills and debts to pay. Give us the bops asap especially since we know for a fact she has alot of material in the vault. Why not put what you got in there out and pay your **** back quickly. 

I get it and your point is valid, but I became a fan for another kind of material. Her music and lyrics used to be way more interesting before El Dorado (SES and Shakira are not masterpieces either, but there are some interesting things here and there), and I even found her lyrics from 20 years ago way more mature than the ones she's making right now, which is actually something remarkable :rip:  Anyway, that's just my point of view and my personal taste, so I totally get why other people can still enjoy her.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, LewisK said:

I get it and your point is valid, but I became a fan for another kind of material. Her music and lyrics used to be way more interesting before El Dorado (SES and Shakira are not masterpieces either, but there are some interesting things here and there), and I even found her lyrics from 20 years ago way more mature than the ones she's making right now, which is actually something remarkable :rip:  Anyway, that's just my point of view and my personal taste, so I totally get why other people can still enjoy her.

I understand. But that's what album tracks are for and hopefully she has something for fans like you on it. Yeah her self titled album wasn't really bad in hindsight I just think her Latin fanbase felt abandoned and that she sold out which is annoying because why are you gatekeeping a global artist? And they do that everytime she caters to anglosphere. The industry as a whole was different before as well as she. When she first came out she had alot more to prove which is why it needed to come out the way that it did. I really love her and it's just crazy and much deserved that she's just as big if not bigger now than as she was before. I just need her to stop being so lazy. 

Thank god there’s a “ignore” option, that user is so annoying :rip:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, LatinFreak said:

I think target will sell the red version and amazing the blue.. I just like the vinyls. Still don't know about the green one. That might be the one exclusive to her site. 

All 3 alt cover CDs are exclusive to her store. Target and Amazon only get the standard CD and their respective exclusive vinyl.

That could change if they don't sell as expected though, but doubt it.

Edited by Popboi.
  • Like 1

The title is actually a collapse btw

Unlike the cover 

concubine
On 2/20/2024 at 12:56 AM, Lorelei said:

You have NO idea how lucky you are as a new fan. :gaycat7:

No idea :monkey:

Im blessed

Imma need the tea eventually

I'm gonna have to cross the border and get that TARGET version cause .. 

The excuses that she include those songs because they are hits in the digital era of singles. Rihanna did not include FourFiveSeconds or ***** Better Have My Money in Anti or Rosalia Con Altura or TKN in Motomami for example.

8 minutes ago, descg said:

The excuses that she include those songs because they are hits in the digital era of singles. Rihanna did not include FourFiveSeconds or ***** Better Have My Money in Anti or Rosalia Con Altura or TKN in Motomami for example.

some artists do and some don’t. those albums you’re referring to are bodies of work with a vision… this album is not that

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Saint James said:

those albums you’re referring to are bodies of work with a vision… this album is not that

Point Yes GIF by BET Hip Hop Awards

• Haha 1

Maybe I'm the only one, but the songs she included make sense and are all part of the message she wanted to deliver (the stages of heartbreak and recovery, which this album is about). She told Karol G that "TQG" needed to be released after Te Felicito, Monotonia, and Session 53 because it completed the story; and Karol G delayed her whole own album out of respect for Shakira's wishes. 

The only song that is random is Copa Vacia. Even El Jefe relates directly to her life, because it mentions her nanny (specifically by name) who first caught Pique cheating and then was fired by Pique. 

She's modifying her strategy and releasing singles as she makes them, which can seem playlist-y, but they are part of a cohesive concept. It's not like she's adding "Girl Like Me" and "Don't You Worry".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 8

21 hours ago, Jaye said:

This was her Nicki collab until she backed out lol. She doesn't need to collab w/ the rest of them. Weeknd, Drake, and Bad Bunny are too big headed. They don't need an ego boost. 

Ewww thank god she backed out wtf Is this 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, vuelve88 said:

Maybe I'm the only one, but the songs she included make sense and are all part of the message she wanted to deliver (the stages of heartbreak and recovery, which this album is about). She told Karol G that "TQG" needed to be released after Te Felicito, Monotonia, and Session 53 because it completed the story; and Karol G delayed her whole own album out of respect for Shakira's wishes. 

The only song that is random is Copa Vacia. Even El Jefe relates directly to her life, because it mentions her nanny (specifically by name) who first caught Pique cheating and then was fired by Pique. 

She's modifying her strategy and releasing singles as she makes them, which can seem playlist-y, but they are part of a cohesive concept. It's not like she's adding "Girl Like Me" and "Don't You Worry".

this. you're not the only one :)

Edited by andrer92
  • Like 2

Which singles are already out?

Can a Shak fan update me plz :duca:

2 hours ago, vuelve88 said:

what i hate is that they're all tacked at the end instead of trying to tell the story in chronological order

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.