• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Touchdown

• Dr. Alexander

• suburbannature

• DemDam92

Dr. Alexander

She must have lost her mind. What the absolute f*** is she doing? Everything is completely off with this album. Yeah, tabloid stuff is one thing that you can just brush off, but the fact even her musical decisions are absolutely horrid this time around.

Is she OK? Like I am so concerned for this album…

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

Oh my God :laugh:waking up to seeing (easily) maybe the top 3 absolute all time universal DRAGS of all time on here w/out even hearing it yet!! I'm just LMAO at the comments and passion/insistence behind them. 

Edited by jamiko1230
  • Thumbs Down 1

i like the full chest voice approach but her belts recently are too husky it could be quite jarring (also the mixing doesn't help):biblionny:

WOW at the reaching. WOW.

Stan culture never fails to deliver - for better and for worse because the herd mentality of it all is wild. 

Maybe it's because Mariah's "new voice" isn't a surprise to me, but I'm not sure what's so surprising to people here? 

Yes, it's slightly overcooked and would benefit from a few less adlibs, but it's the same song and the vocal (which was flat af on the original) has been elevated to be much more robust and fuller. 

Don't follow Ari all that much, but definitely noted the sense of deflation in this thread before the remix was even announced. Specifically around the song not doing a TUN and the rollout being "underwhelming". IMO, a lot of this faux backlash is frustration around a) not getting a new track instead and b) broader irritation with the era at large. 

In a way, the remix was never going to be received all that well because of this IMO. 

I hate how herd culture spoils otherwise monumental moments. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

I thought it was AI at first :rip:This isn't good.

• Thumbs Down 1

what is this :deadbanana4::deadbanana4:

sounds like a fanmade AI cover :rip: 

Edited by UMS125
  • Thumbs Down 1

this era just keeps getting worse oh god

what an atrocity of a remix

• Thumbs Down 1

Dr. Alexander

And the fact the arrangement is absolutely terrible. Mariah just randomly bursting in during the pre-chorus? It’s like Ariana just put some sloppy s*** together and gave it to us. She pissing me off so bad this era. Like it’s literally making me angry because this is not like her and we all know she can do incredible work.

But this s*** here? Atrocious 

Mariah sounds so lifeless

• Thumbs Down 1

You guys are doing the most, the remix is fine

UpaRner.gif

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

5 minutes ago, x æ a-xii said:

mariah sounds like a man at times lol

that's my first thought was well...when she sang "i'm done with SHARING" while sounding like CHER i had to laugh

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

Dr. Alexander

This album is going to flop so bad if she doesn’t release some snippets and restore some faith into this project. As a long time “stan” since The Way, this is incredibly concerning. I am so serious…

I’m sorry but this is NOT it. 

I thought everyone was overreacting as usual but this is legitimately bad. Mariah sounds horrible and they don’t compliment each other at all. 

The dramatics in here actually concern me. How are y’all having such a negative visceral reaction to something so trivial? :gaycat6:

I came here to say I like it. I think Mariah really elevated the song. :giraffe:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

• ATRL Moderator
7 minutes ago, x æ a-xii said:

mariah sounds like a man at times lol

She does not yall be saying anything :deadbanana2:

• Like 3

Mariah's adlibs are really good, especially when she sang "Mine is mine." It sounds like something from Irish music. I do agree that it is poorly mixed though, with so many layers going on, and her sounding auto tuned.

And why are people complaining about Mariah being loud? She always does that when she got only a little space in a duet/featured track. She received a lot of lashings for singing soft in the past.

Mariah has literally ruined the song she sounds uncomfortable, unnecessary and unpleasant 

Oh that’s not - 

IF they were going to feat. Mariah on ANY song from this era it absolutely should've been on the 'big mid tempo, r&b, soul ' 2nd single. Hyped it for many weeks etc...

This is pretty humiliating for both of them but esp. Mariah. Beyond 'hunger'...even desperation for that 20th #1. It's actually (kind of) demeaning what she's doing to her legacy. It's like 'what' Madonna was doing to a degree for all those terribly cringe years until 'Popular'. Mariah needs to come in and ADD something organically. This couldn't be more polar opposite of 'organic'. lol  

Idk how I feel about this, overall it's bad but there are some good bits  :deadbanana4:

Mariah screaming "whose d*ck I ride" is insane tho 

• Haha 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.