Trump encourages attack on NATO allies

Magic_boXX

Donald Trump said he would encourage attacks on NATO members who don't meet the 2% defence spending target. The former president claimed he wouldn't defend such countries if attacked.

and his supporters will cheer this and then deflect. rinse and repeat.

• Like 1

I liked her on WION

I stopped watching First Post because she was starting to sound really bias. I dunno. 

on topic: Trump says something dangerous and we are not surprised 

• Like 1

Next year: Europe is attacked and we are not susprised. /s

Nato just seem pointless in my opinion. I hate wars in general but we need to use it for helping countries that goes through terrible disasters and such.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 6

Weird thing to say but in some sense, American tax payers are really footing the defense bill for smaller European countries that get to enjoy social welfare programs they could never dream of so I can see this resonating :skull: 

• Like 3

alexa play crumbs by rebecca black 

And what would a man who has filed bankruptcy MULTIPLE times know about paying bills? He is a JOKE. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Just now, Onyxmage said:

And what would a man who has filed bankruptcy MULTIPLE times know about paying bills? He is a JOKE. 

Yeah, this is so rich coming from him.  Not surprising though since everything he says and does is projection.  :coffee2:

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Magic_boXX said:

Nato just seem pointless in my opinion. I hate wars in general but we need to use it for helping countries that goes through terrible disasters and such.

Nato countries are supposed to defend each other, not intervene in other countries' conflicts. Every previous attempt at doing more than that has been highly controversial.

Nato (and to a smaller extent EU) keep Europe together and prevent countries like Hungary or Turkey from starting something against other allies. It also keeps the Balkan region relatively stable, at least the countries that are in the alliance, and deters Russia from invading the Baltics and Poland.

For the US and Canada it keeps their global influence and boosts their economy via various trade agreements. Peace is good for trade and global economy, so it is in their interest to sustain it.

If you are anti war it should be obvious that countries working together is always better than when they are working against each other.

• Like 8

I think NATO should be abolished. Europe can take care of itself with its own army and defense spending. 

Like if the US gets attacked. I cannot think for a second a European country would come to its defense. Europeans would be apathetic or be happy. They wouldn’t die for that. The alliance is pointless. 

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Down 10

13 minutes ago, Tropez said:

I think NATO should be abolished. Europe can take care of itself with its own army and defense spending. 

Like if the US gets attacked. I cannot think for a second a European country would come to its defense. Europeans would be apathetic or be happy. They wouldn’t die for that. The alliance is pointless. 

Not only would Europeans follow their obligation but they already had after 9/11, despite it being largely unpopular

It's very interesting to see people be against "Nato expansion" and also advocate for Europe to fight alone *without* the North American allies or the support of other countries in the continent that want to join the alliance.

Edited by Illuminati
  • Like 5

18 minutes ago, Illuminati said:

Not only would Europeans follow their obligation but they already had after 9/11, despite it being largely unpopular

It's very interesting to see people be against "Nato expansion" and also advocate for Europe to fight alone *without* the North American allies or the support of other countries in the continent that want to join the alliance.

No. Canada can stay, the US can leave. Considering the US is the biggest liability. After 9/11 who caused the wars in the Middle East? The US. Europe on its own would be much better for the world. Let the US lead to its own destruction. 

• Thumbs Down 1

NATO was create to contain the threat of the Soviet Union. Which now is disband, and the US alone spends more money supporting the war in Ukraine than Russia's military budget.  There is really no point in NATO. It's become an armed misguided aggressive foreign policy. Times have change and its time to move forward in helping country's than to push and dictate  our believes.  

Edited by Magic_boXX
  • Thumbs Down 4

People still thinking military alliances are made for ''defense'' and ''peacekeeping'' as opposed to domination of other countries and their people through imperialist wars. :rip:

• Like 4

No one is suprised. Trump love Russia. He would love to be Putin. That’s all he cares about. The man is dangerous 

• Like 3

Of course Trump would promote his signature Russia First policy. NATO has been effective in containing Russian aggression and it is unsurprising to see anti-NATO sentiment among people who support Russia, oppose the rest of Europe, and/or oppose the US. Why would NATO countries disband to satisfy the grievances of people who want them to fail?

Edited by Stimulus
  • Like 2

The thing that I believe is intensely stupid... wasn't any criticizm of NATO... but the way he said that Russia could do whatever it wanted to NATO countries... which would include nuclear annihilation or Hitler-esque concentration camps or war crimes (like in Ukraine) in general... THAT coming out of the mouth from a former US president is unprecedented. 

It disqualifies him further from ever holding any public office in the US again. 

He also doesn't know ANYTHING about world economics... Should Europe ever be attacked by a nuclear power in this day and age... global trade will collapse. Still Europe has the most countries in the global top 10/20/30 of the biggest economies. 

#3 - Germany

#6 - UK

#7 - France

#8 - Italy

#11 - Russia

#15 - Spain

#18 - Netherlands

#20 - Switzerland

#21 - Poland

#23 - Belgium

#25 - Sweden

#26 - Ireland

#27 - Norway

#28 - Austria

#37 - Denmark

#44 - Romania

#47 - Czechia

#48 - Finland

#50 - Portugal

--

#54 - Greece

#57 - Hungary

#58 - Ukraine

#62 - Slovakia

#69 - Bulgaria

#74 - Luxembourg

#79 - Croatia

#81 - Lithuania

#85 - Serbia

#88 - Belarus

#89 - Slovenia

#96 - Latvia

#99 - Estonia

--

#111 - Iceland

#120 - Albania

#126 - Malta

#137 - Moldova

#138 - North Macedonia

#153 - Kosovo

#158 - Monaco

#160 - Montenegro

#162 - Liechtenstein

#172 - Andorra

#189 - San Marino

Donald is so stupid... yes... Don, encourage any country to attack a European country... SMART-NOT

• Like 2

Imagine if the US stopped funding NATO and starting focusing its money on social welfare programs like Europe. The situation is not fair for the USA lets be real.

Its sort of a paradox when Europeans make fun of Americans for having a lower quality of life. Your quality of life is given to you via American tax payers income to some extent. Have some sympathy lol

Edited by makeme

10 hours ago, makeme said:

Imagine if the US stopped funding NATO and starting focusing its money on social welfare programs like Europe. The situation is not fair for the USA lets be real.

Its sort of a paradox when Europeans make fun of Americans for having a lower quality of life. Your quality of life is given to you via American tax payers income to some extent. Have some sympathy lol

This is a myth. Germany for example reached that 2% limit between the 1950s until 1992... and invented health care in 1883

GER is back at the 2% level this year, 2024, and will not suddenly cancel social welfare which is a human right in almost all European countries. Even Russia has social welfare programs... (and many African countries as well)... Heck, even Afghanistan has paid maternity leave. 

The fact that the US chooses to not have any of that... is on the US alone... 

Germany military expenditure in comparion to GDP: (reference: USA: 3,5%, 2022) (Russia: 4,1%, 2022)

1962 - 4,5%

1963 - 4,9%

1967 - 4,1%

1975 - 3,3%

1990 - 2,5%

2005 - 1,1%

2024 - 2%

Also, Nato is not a thing that countries PAY money for or into. That's a lie that Trumpy told y'all... i cannot believe you fell for that. The estimated projection of the defence budget in 2024 is at around 68 BILLION Euros for Germany (#7 in the world). The majority of EU NATO countries will meet the 2% limit in 2024. 

The US chooses to spend 900 BILLION dollars on  its military and doesn't care for maternity leave, or paid vacation or health care because they believe those are communist ideas. Health Care exists since the 1880s in some European countries - long before any country became a communist country. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, stevyy said:

This is a myth. Germany for example reached that 2% limit between the 1950s until 1992... and invented health care in 1883

GER is back at the 2% level this year, 2024, and will not suddenly cancel social welfare which is a human right in almost all European countries. Even Russia has social welfare programs... (and many African countries as well)... Heck, even Afghanistan has paid maternity leave. 

The fact that the US chooses to not have any of that... is on the US alone... 

Germany military expenditure in comparion to GDP: (reference: USA: 3,5%, 2022) (Russia: 4,1%, 2022)

1962 - 4,5%

1963 - 4,9%

1967 - 4,1%

1975 - 3,3%

1990 - 2,5%

2005 - 1,1%

2024 - 2%

Also, Nato is not a thing that countries PAY money for or into. That's a lie that Trumpy told y'all... i cannot believe you fell for that. The estimated projection of the defence budget in 2024 is at around 68 BILLION Euros for Germany (#7 in the world). The majority of EU NATO countries will meet the 2% limit in 2024. 

The US chooses to spend 900 BILLION dollars on  its military and doesn't care for maternity leave, or paid vacation or health care because they believe those are communist ideas. Health Care exists since the 1880s in some European countries - long before any country became a communist country. 

This post greatly ignores the prevalence of US military bases and personnel around the world and how universal healthcare will never be achieved as long as the Us government uses it as a prop to force people to join the military.

America's adventurism and role as world police harms the average American. Anyone who denies this supports said foreign policy. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 2/14/2024 at 3:18 PM, stevyy said:

The thing that I believe is intensely stupid... wasn't any criticizm of NATO... but the way he said that Russia could do whatever it wanted to NATO countries... which would include nuclear annihilation or Hitler-esque concentration camps or war crimes (like in Ukraine) in general... THAT coming out of the mouth from a former US president is unprecedented. 

It disqualifies him further from ever holding any public office in the US again. 

He also doesn't know ANYTHING about world economics... Should Europe ever be attacked by a nuclear power in this day and age... global trade will collapse. Still Europe has the most countries in the global top 10/20/30 of the biggest economies. 

#3 - Germany

#6 - UK

#7 - France

#8 - Italy

#11 - Russia

#15 - Spain

#18 - Netherlands

#20 - Switzerland

#21 - Poland

#23 - Belgium

#25 - Sweden

#26 - Ireland

#27 - Norway

#28 - Austria

#37 - Denmark

#44 - Romania

#47 - Czechia

#48 - Finland

#50 - Portugal

--

#54 - Greece

#57 - Hungary

#58 - Ukraine

#62 - Slovakia

#69 - Bulgaria

#74 - Luxembourg

#79 - Croatia

#81 - Lithuania

#85 - Serbia

#88 - Belarus

#89 - Slovenia

#96 - Latvia

#99 - Estonia

--

#111 - Iceland

#120 - Albania

#126 - Malta

#137 - Moldova

#138 - North Macedonia

#153 - Kosovo

#158 - Monaco

#160 - Montenegro

#162 - Liechtenstein

#172 - Andorra

#189 - San Marino

Donald is so stupid... yes... Don, encourage any country to attack a European country... SMART-NOT

👏🏼

He's out of control, as usual.

Isn't what he has done already enough? 

What do you have to do to be ineligible in the US? 

I'm wondering. 

21 hours ago, 808dream said:

He's out of control, as usual.

Isn't what he has done already enough? 

What do you have to do to be ineligible in the US? 

I'm wondering. 

If this was a  dem candidate the press would’ve covered this so much they would’ve dropped out by now. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.