• Lovett

• Negiiiii

• Kristie Kuwa

2 minutes ago, KingB® said:

WE'RE BACK

Columbia will ask to cancel the adds so I'm not believing you bye

:ryan3:

• Haha 1

So guys... We all know that Act II was originally supposed to be Act I, right? So I, like many, have realized that the third leg of the album (beginning with YA YA) is very evocative of the sonic landscape of Renaissance which would originally have come out now in 2024, had CC been released in 2022 (probably would have been titled Act I: BEYINCE).

It is also very telling that Cowboy Carter was supposed to be Act I because the thematic content very much recalls and is definitively Beyonce healing from Lemonade (Jay's infidelity) and the CMA's in November of the same year...

Now what I think is interesting is how these two albums thematically relate and simultaneously are so divergent from one another, considering Rennie was all about hedonism, lighthearted fun, and self-love, whereas this album is very much rooted in the difficulties that life comes with (family, infidelity, self-doubt even), however, I'm really hung up on tracks 19-27. These tracks specifically genuinely feel like an act within the act, almost like these songs are moving within a liminal space, not quite Rennie, but also not really Carter anymore.

The conversation I'm trying to provoke is, what do you guys think Act III will be? I'm pretty sure it is not going to be a definitive genre as Rennie was just as eclectic sonically as Carter was but I think it would be interesting to see how Bey is going to move on forward as it is also gonna be the album that culminates in the conclusion of this holistic project, and do you think that, now that Rennie is recontextualized as the initial Act II, Act III will go even crazier than Rennie sonically speaking (Carter being a very domestic and rustic sound - whereas Rennie had a very celestial feel and felt like outer space). Anywayyy, really wanna hear your guys' thoughts, especially if you even feel the way I do about the third leg of Carter.

Edited by lapisnour

6 minutes ago, lapisnour said:

The conversation I'm trying to provoke is, what do you guys think Act III will be?

it's impossible to know at this point, but there's some things that we could start from

both acts have something meaningful to her as inspiration. RENAISSANCE is dedicated to her late uncle and the music he played to her, and the queer community that was always there for her, but it's also about her celebrating her life after overcoming all the things she's singing about in COWBOY CARTER. COWBOY CARTER is inspired by the racism she faced, and the people that said she doesn't belong somewhere. so, she did an album that deals with the personal stuff and shows that she always belonged there. it's about things she had to overcome: racism, job, family, marriage, husband's ex mistress, genres and types of music she was expected to fit into, etc. so, both have something personal and meaningful. she goes from struggle (COWBOY CARTER) to joy (RENAISSANCE). the question is - what comes after?

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, KingB® said:

WE'RE BACK

Time to move back up on TTH 

39 minutes ago, CherryBay said:

spacer.pngspacer.png

signed window of Supervinyl LA store

Someone go get me one, I will pay for both  :cries: Lol 

There is loads signed 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KingB® said:

WE'RE BACK

YASSS :WAP:

12 minutes ago, Lovett said:

YASSS :WAP:

The playlisting sucks now though lol. Maybe they'll bump it up since it's official 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KingB® said:

WE'RE BACK

I can't find anything on HDD or All Access. 

3 minutes ago, Blue Rose said:

I can't find anything on HDD or All Access. 

I couldn't either 

1 hour ago, lapisnour said:

So guys... We all know that Act II was originally supposed to be Act I, right? So I, like many, have realized that the third leg of the album (beginning with YA YA) is very evocative of the sonic landscape of Renaissance which would originally have come out now in 2024, had CC been released in 2022 (probably would have been titled Act I: BEYINCE).

It is also very telling that Cowboy Carter was supposed to be Act I because the thematic content very much recalls and is definitively Beyonce healing from Lemonade (Jay's infidelity) and the CMA's in November of the same year...

Now what I think is interesting is how these two albums thematically relate and simultaneously are so divergent from one another, considering Rennie was all about hedonism, lighthearted fun, and self-love, whereas this album is very much rooted in the difficulties that life comes with (family, infidelity, self-doubt even), however, I'm really hung up on tracks 19-27. These tracks specifically genuinely feel like an act within the act, almost like these songs are moving within a liminal space, not quite Rennie, but also not really Carter anymore.

The conversation I'm trying to provoke is, what do you guys think Act III will be? I'm pretty sure it is not going to be a definitive genre as Rennie was just as eclectic sonically as Carter was but I think it would be interesting to see how Bey is going to move on forward as it is also gonna be the album that culminates in the conclusion of this holistic project, and do you think that, now that Rennie is recontextualized as the initial Act II, Act III will go even crazier than Rennie sonically speaking (Carter being a very domestic and rustic sound - whereas Rennie had a very celestial feel and felt like outer space). Anywayyy, really wanna hear your guys' thoughts, especially if you even feel the way I do about the third leg of Carter.

The album seems to be separate in 4 sonic quadrants:

1 - 6: Soft Ballad Opening with very safe, poetic, traditional country songs (Can't be safer than a Beatles cover)

7 - 14: Traditional Country Songs With Just The Right Edge / Begins To Go Against The Grain (Remixing Jolene Cover & The Addition of Spaghetti)

15 - 18: Escape/Rebel Era with non-traditional features (Willie Jones, Miley, Post)

19 - 27: Buckin Era (Does what she wants and you will like it!)

It almost feels like the music choices echoes the way Blacks has to enter the genre: Conform to country standards until you get ridiculed enough until you don't care and buck. This also applies to having Jolene & Willie on 1st part of the album (Having a co-sign), but Linda on the 4th quandrant (someone who had to buck the country system) with Yaya. She even put Dolly on a trap beat.

I want to sit with this thought more and it has been on mind - but your quote made me realize that there is something there. 

I haven't fully digested the way she ordered the tracks, but it seems to be a very intentional choice.

• Like 7

She really should put signed copies online, that would clear Beyince stock. 

1 minute ago, simon said:

The album seems to be separate in 4 sonic quadrants:

1 - 6: Soft Ballad Opening with very safe, poetic, traditional country songs (Can't be safer than a Beatles cover)

7 - 14: Traditional Country Songs With Just The Right Edge / Begins To Go Against The Grain (Remixing Jolene Cover & The Addition of Spaghetti)

15 - 18: Escape/Rebel Era with non-traditional features (Willie Jones, Miley, Post)

19 - 27: Buckin Era (Does what she wants and you will like it!)

It almost feels like the music choices echoes the way Blacks has to enter the genre: Conform to country standards until you get ridiculed enough until you don't care and buck. This also applies to having Jolene & Willie on 1st part of the album (Having a co-sign), but Linda on the 4th quandrant (someone who had to buck the country system) with Yaya. She even put Dolly on a trap beat.

I want to sit with this thought more and it has been on mind - but your quote made me realize that there is something there. 

I haven't fully digested the way she ordered the tracks, but it seems to be a very intentional choice.

Wow, thanks for your input I haven't made the other three legs up to now! But I can definitely see where you're coming from!!! To analyze this album turned out harder than it was with Rennie because there's just so much more content... But I couldn't make out how to analyze the first two legs I had conjured in my mind... Making it 4 seems to be much more sensical, especially 15-18!!! i have to say I personally find there songs the hardest to grasp within the bigger artistic picture of the album...

I think the second week almost outstreamed renaissances first week on Spotify. 

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, lapisnour said:

Wow, thanks for your input I haven't made the other three legs up to now! But I can definitely see where you're coming from!!! To analyze this album turned out harder than it was with Rennie because there's just so much more content... But I couldn't make out how to analyze the first two legs I had conjured in my mind... Making it 4 seems to be much more sensical, especially 15-18!!! i have to say I personally find there songs the hardest to grasp within the bigger artistic picture of the album...

It is only section that has "collabs.” The other features were sonic choices but these 3 being back go back made it feel intentional. I haven't grasped them yet but we will one day. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Lose My Breath said:

I think the second week almost outstreamed renaissances first week on Spotify. 

I think REN did 175 million or something, so around 20 million less 

Okay now I need the Supervinyl IG post in the next 2 hours 

spacer.png

:bibliahh:

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 5

39 minutes ago, Blue Rose said:

spacer.png

:bibliahh:

hate ppl like this....

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.