• Replies 13k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lose My Breath

• Lovett

• Negiiiii

• Kristie Kuwa

I'm the furthest from kiss-a** Hive, but I've kinda sorta liked the boutique approach to Bey's latest few eras. Going very on the nose with the lead for the exposure, but immediately being more album-focussed post-release.

The full potential of the Rennie songs was sacrificed because of this and tracks like Alien, Heated, America Has A Prob etc didn't get their full due on the charts. The upside being that we all really swallowed the album whole as a body of work. Anything that got the "single" treatment was more fan-demanded and essentially resonated more because of it (e.g. Cuff It).

That said...

I'm legit going to be irate if they botch the CC singles. 

Rennie had the benefit of going hard in the clubs. So even if a song didn't get its radio or playlisitng due, I factually heard songs like Alien, Heated etc in so many other places. 

This being a Country record means that won't be as much the case if they don't intentionally "work" the singles. 

She's at one of if not the biggest label, so it shouldn't be a thing to send song after to song to radio, especially when there are no visuals yet.

Going with the Miley track is fine for now and feels like an easy, cross-beneficial option as she's on the same label. It debuting so high and already having a playlist presence all works to its benefit.

But Bodyguard really needs its moment in the sun. Hopefully in the summer. 

Jolene still has buckets of potential, but I get that it may just be used as more of a strategic magnet to bring the GP to an album full of original material.

Tyrant is an Urban/Rhythmic smash waiting to happen. I really could see it going top 10, but even if more of a moderate hit, it'll help give the album legs and a presence in areas the largely Country sound of the rest of the project cannot. 

In short, I'm very much of mindet: why have one hit when you can (easily) have many?

i hope II MOST WANTED f*cking smashes ….. her getting a big ballad single in 2024 would cement her legacy just that much more … and there's already a lot of tiktok potential

• Like 2

2 Most Wanted should've been the 4th single after Bodyguard and Levi

But since it's the second, I guess Levi should be 3rd for the summer

AMERIICAN REQUIEM will always be that girl! I could write 100 posts praising this song and it would not be enough

• Like 1

Bodyguards NEEDS to become a single in Central Europe. We will EAT IT UP like macarons and gummibears and lindt chocolate, trust and believe

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952ykc50l9xnpxpxulifv

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Shelter said:

Bodyguard fans lost 

spacer.png

see you in June 

spacer.png

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, smallreminders said:

AMERIICAN REQUIEM will always be that girl! I could write 100 posts praising this song and it would not be enough

1 down 99 to go 

:gayoncecat3:

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Lovett said:

Interesting.

Oh  I hate split singles WW 

6 minutes ago, Blue Rose said:

1 down 99 to go 

:gayoncecat3:

98 actually, praised it already after my first CC listen :heart:

BODYGUARD is the smash of the album. What is she thinking

1 hour ago, Lovett said:

Interesting.

oh...

1 hour ago, Lovett said:

Interesting.

Interesting indeed. I actually think it's a good idea to release it in Europe. 

II Most Wanted can still do it's thing and work as a "promo" track over there. 

Different songs are still hitting but I know "Flamenco" is going to end up being my most played song on CC ever. I just know it.

It's so hypnotizing, relatable, and calming.

And it's short so I have to loop it 5x before I feel like I'm satisfied enough to move on.

• Like 6

they might've done the right thing. let's see how it goes

She can't release Bodyguard until TTPD is out :khalyan: Taylor is def getting on the remix, & it will be THE single of the album :gaycat1:

I wish Pony Up Remix was the lead :'( and had a fun MV too :'(  

CC had 152.8M plays on Spotify US and ended up with around 300M total streams for the debut week. Renaissance's Spotify numbers were 70.4M out of 170M total. So she went from 41.4% to just a bit over 50% between two acts, which basically means she's not as Apple Music heavy as she used to be. 

Edited by Kalmanta

:gaycat7: she won't get away with her crimes! not this overpriced jean jacket, she could've at least added more patches or her image on it 

QueenofCopyPaste

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.