Beyoncé - 'COWBOY CARTER'

19SLAYty9

Bodyguard is so great because it feels so effortless, which is not something we're used to from Bey. Sis is incredible, but what makes her great for the most part is being able to tell she's put in the WORK and studied her art. Bodyguard just feels fun and fresh and I'm so here for it

• Replies 13k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lose My Breath

• Lovett

• Negiiiii

• Kristie Kuwa

5 hours ago, holyground13 said:

I'm also convinced Taylor is a ghost-writer on Bodyguard.

Funny you mention that cus i was asking myself today which song has the most Taylor-esque lyrics. Bodyguard wouldn't be my pick. I i think Daughter lyrics paint the most evocative picture with just the right anount if ambiguity to question whats literal and what's metaphorical. It's nice to see shades of each other's greatness in both their works. 

• Thumbs Down 1

2 hours ago, chris1991 said:

Don't hate me…I don't get the Bodyguard hype….am I missing something?

I lump it in the same boat as songs like cuff it; songs for GP's easy digestion but will never be a stan fav. 

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

Wait (Discounted) LEVI JEANS just came on shuffle with other non-Bey songs and it sounded so chill and good! 

then Post came in and reminded me why I'm an OLJH

:ryan3:

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, Bey'Knight said:

Funny you mention that cus i was asking myself today which song has the most Taylor-esque lyrics. Bodyguard wouldn't be my pick. I i think Daughter lyrics paint the most evocative picture with just the right anount if ambiguity to question whats literal and what's metaphorical. It's nice to see shades of each other's greatness in both their works. 

That's a good point about Daughter, I can see how it's Taylor-esque. The reason why I mentioned Bodyguard is because some people thought that the backing vocal at 0:04 sounds like her voice and I think it could be her.

why is Just For Fun suddenly hitting :jonny5:

g9f094c.gif

'Cause time heals everything
I don't need anything

g9f094c.gif
Hallelujah
I pray to her

g9f094c.gif
Here's to hoping I'll fall fast asleep tonight
And I'll just need to get through this

g9f094c.gif
Born in the darkness, who brings the light?
And I just, I need to get through this

g9f094c.gif
Or just get used to it

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Fleahive said:

This album is so addicting in a much different way than Renaissance and truly has everything. If I only want slow lyrical music I listen to the first half if I wanna get crunk I listen to the last half. I can see arguments for this topping Renaissance. She delivers in every metric from story telling, superior vocals, strong duets, emotion, UGH YES

The smartest comment you have ever made. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, holyground13 said:

That's a good point about Daughter, I can see how it's Taylor-esque. The reason why I mentioned Bodyguard is because some people thought that the backing vocal at 0:04 sounds like her voice and I think it could be her.

Yea i never bought into that Taylor BG BS but i was here for any extra streams it brought the album though. 

• Thanks 4
  • Thumbs Down 1

The background vocals on BODYGUARD are songwriter-producer Lowell? I thought we already knew this?

Post Malone sounds heavenly on LJ. I have been wearing my Levi's dungarees all weekend and the song is constantly in my head lmao

51 minutes ago, Bey'Knight said:

I lump it in the same boat as songs like cuff it; songs for GP's easy digestion but will never be a stan fav. 

It's one of my favorite beyonce songs. It's 70s soft rock, and she sounds amazing on it. 

• Like 5
  • Thumbs Down 1

8 minutes ago, Lose My Breath said:

It's one of my favorite beyonce songs. It's 70s soft rock, and she sounds amazing on it. 

Yeah, easily one of favourite she's done in the last decade.

bodyguard kinda one of the best songs ever omg

• Like 6

47 minutes ago, nooniebao said:

The background vocals on BODYGUARD are songwriter-producer Lowell? I thought we already knew this?

Oh, I hadn't seen that yet. I'm listening to her music now and I can hear it, so that solves that

BODYGUARD, II MOST WANTED, LEVI'S JEAN, TYRANT & RIIVERDANCE (+JOLENE) all could be pushed as singles. 

Imagine having six top tens hits from this album. It is extremely important to have multiple hits in order for the album perform really well in a really long time. (REN is at 2M daily, imagine CC at 5M daily or more). And just look at Doja having multiple 1B streams songs from Planet Her. 

• Like 5

been listening to this album since its release and every listen there's a new discovery from a new clever lyric, melody, production etc

truly the best album released in years 

Those not going up for Alligator Tears have bad taste. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Down 2

1 hour ago, bowdown said:

why is Just For Fun suddenly hitting :jonny5:

g9f094c.gif

'Cause time heals everything
I don't need anything

g9f094c.gif
Hallelujah
I pray to her

g9f094c.gif
Here's to hoping I'll fall fast asleep tonight
And I'll just need to get through this

g9f094c.gif
Born in the darkness, who brings the light?
And I just, I need to get through this

g9f094c.gif
Or just get used to it

Indeed. Don't sleep. Song deserves more love than it's getting. 

• Thumbs Down 2

4 minutes ago, Diesel is Desire said:
  Hide contents

This is her best album I'm sorry

:gaycat6:

Nah but it's in her top 5 definitely 

2 hours ago, Bey'Knight said:

fellow stan, you have to speak for yourself lol. "Cuff It" is a remarkable song for fans and the GP alike.

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.