Beyoncé - 'COWBOY CARTER'

19SLAYty9

I still cant get over this album. AOTY for me so far. 

I feel kind of overwhelmed with the amount of great music from Main Popgirls tbh...

Ari's Eternal Sunshine, Bey's Cowboy Carter, Taylor's Tortured Poets and then Dua's Radical Optimism....it feels like the old days :'( 

• Like 6

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lose My Breath

• Lovett

• Negiiiii

• Kristie Kuwa

Texas Hold'em ******* slaps 

:gaycatina1:

• Like 1

Omg I love her remixes so much. 

I might like it more than the original. 

They don't do remixes like her anymore. 

• Like 2

At first, I was confused and didn't know what to think of this album. I'd never heard of or even been interested in music like this, let alone been exposed to a body of work that uniquely covered a multitude of genres, themes, lessons, and experiences. Each song, coded with its own carefully designed, fully realized world. While listening to the album, we're instantly transported into a vaguely familiar reality through songs we have only had access to for a brief time. I'm not saying this "unique listening experience" is the zenith of musical immersion, it might well be. However, without a doubt, it is an innovative, successful attempt at fusing pervasive sounds with authentic unadulterated emotions to transcend conventional boundaries and limitations once thought insurmountable in this art form.

In other words, Beyonce snapped.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

This album ain't for me :(

I've been showing my love to Ari all the way in this place 'cause she dropped an instant classic 11/10 album, 'eternal sunshine', but you gotta give it to Bey, she just made a classic country, americana, folk, rock (progressive rock, post-punk, soft rock, alternative rock, pop rock, post-rock, art rock and a little bit of grunge and new wave), blues with a hot tinge of hip hop, and/or you know, like Bey said: "A Beyoncé album" which can pretty much be its own genre.

But you know what? If we were to put in country, like she won the Innovator Award on the iHeart Awards, she innovated, she pretty much created a new genre (or two) so if I were to name it, it would be like:

Post-country or Avant-garde country.

She just put country in the Paris Fashion Week or New York Fashion Week of music.

Also, if anyone thought 20-plus track albums in the streaming era were a commercial trick to get more numbers in the charts:

Beyoncé, our beloved Queen Bey made a 27-track album run like f*cking Radiohead's 'OK Computer', like in f*cking (tracklist spoiler) "Amen"'s (last track) end, she left me wanting more. It also shocked me with how intricate (and also univeral-feeling) and powerful every second of this album is.

If you were doubtful about her country influences, she just made an avant-garde country album like a veteran going experimental dropping a classic or like Billie dropping her WWAFAWDWG seminal widely-acclaimed alt-pop/synth-pop (with sprinkles of post-punk) album or even Nirvana's 'Nevermind' grunge/alt-rock classic.

I really hope country legends (besides the ones in the album (Legend King Willie Nelson and Legendary Queen Dolly Parton)) give her her flowers 'cause she revitalized the genre (like a phoenix in the genre) with an instant classic that I'm sure will be a respected influence for country (and all genres) musicians.

Beyoncé is history books talented and I'm so thankful of/to life for loving music with my life (and gifting me music) to be able to appreciate in full this classic work of art.

I love you Bey! Thank you from the bottom of my heart for this album.

Edited by Mastamaind
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Lady with a whip want what she wanna want

OWKAY

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952a02079yp35pyh5zkrz2

I can't wait to experience DAUGHTER & YA YA live :duca:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 3/30/2024 at 1:37 AM, nooniebao said:

The vocal performance on BODYGUARD>>>

Maybe my favourite vocal on the album tbh! 

• Like 1

You the man at the bank? Is you is or you ain't? 

william tyler line dancing GIF by Merge Records

Spotify updates please!

Machete
20 minutes ago, pieuxvu said:

Spotify updates please!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, campelo said:

Ticketmaster Germany was doing some internal testing with dates in August. A single Berlin date which was the city she didn't tour with the RWT

😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱

Please let it be true 

19 minutes ago, qegqeg said:

Global about 21M from 11 songs

Oooooohhh okay littyyy! So I guess just waiting for the full numbers from the rest of the songs? Cuuutteee!!!

2 hours ago, sad girl said:

This album ain't for me :(

and what do you want us to do about that ? 

THIS PONY UP REMIX OMG 

During the first minute I was thinking where are the changes,, oh boy was i wrong I should've known better!!!

sexy pig GIF

4 minutes ago, smallreminders said:

sexy pig GIF

Im gone omgggg

• ATRL Moderator

The remix... I'm kinda hearing sumn idk..

wendy-williams-wendy-dancing.gif

• Like 2

Anyone from EU has received their vinyl? Mine was shipped on release day but I got no tracking and haven't received anything.

is she trying to scam me as well? 

:ryan3:

Buckin sounds like 2017 N.E.R.D's left out

1 hour ago, qegqeg said:

Global about 21M from 11 songs

21 from 11 isn't that bad. So basically like 35.

• Like 1

Texas pony up remix is hitting :WAP:

20 minutes ago, ChrisB said:

Buckin sounds like 2017 N.E.R.D's left out

Buckin is literally my number 1 fav right now

40 minutes ago, Negiiiii said:

Anyone from EU has received their vinyl? Mine was shipped on release day but I got no tracking and haven't received anything.

is she trying to scam me as well? 

:ryan3:

got mine yesterday 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.