• Replies 13k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lose My Breath

• Lovett

• Negiiiii

• Kristie Kuwa

Agreed. I think her team should push bodyguard or Levi jeans in preparation for summer. let's hope something goes viral on tik tok

14 minutes ago, Machete said:

Day 5 on Global Spotify:
#19 II Most Wanted
#30 Alien Superstar
#35 Jolene
#51 Bodyguard
#72 Levii's Jeans

II Most Wanted was on TTH, while AS and obvi the other CC tracks weren't.

This is what I'm most worried about. No song is taking the "GP fave single" like Alien Superstar seemingly did. Alien Superstar also had 15K TikTok videos at this point, while Bodyguard is the CC song with the most but only 6K.

Now of course, Alien Superstar went on to not really become a hit, but if it is winning at Day 5 over the non-pushed CC songs then it will most definitely keep winning.

EDITED:
Cuff It was also #35 that same day. So yeah Renaissance had 2 songs serving "GP pick" than CC. And I use positions as a benchmark not streams because Spotify streams have grown a lot. #200 on Ren's 5th day did 818K while CC's 5th day #200 did 1.2M...

The HIT you are talking about is TEXAS HOLD EM. That song is still going and won't slow down soon. MOST WANTED or BODYGUARD are the best second singles. Bodugaurd is already taking off on tik tok. getting the most videos of all the songs. It might be slower than renee but signs are already there. I remember you did not think renee will even debut with as much streams as it did or with as much opening week sales. 

• Like 1

Bodyguard is a huge summer bop.

what are they doing. send it to radio STAT :gaycat7:

UK mids

1 Beyoncé - COWBOY CARTER (28,396) [17,022 streaming, 7,791 sales physicals, 3,583 downloads]*
2 Oliiva Rodrigo - GUTS (5,539)

• Like 1

Machete
19 minutes ago, Kingdom said:

The HIT you are talking about is TEXAS HOLD EM. That song is still going and won't slow down soon. MOST WANTED or BODYGUARD are the best second singles. Bodugaurd is already taking off on tik tok. getting the most videos of all the songs. It might be slower than renee but signs are already there. I remember you did not think renee will even debut with as much streams as it did or with as much opening week sales. 

Yeah Texas is a genuine SMASH and that was enough for me to call entire album a win even if it debuted with J Lo numbers.  II MOST WANTED grew on me but I still wouldn't have made it a single. We are approaching the summer months, and the vibes give me winter ballad. BODYGUARD (this would sound amazing on a summer day) or LEVII'S would've been my picks and I am sure both of them would be outstreaming MOST WANTED if they had the same playlist push.

Edited by Machete
  • Thanks 2

I'm on the train right now and this album is HITTING even more

Emoji Laughing GIF by MOODMAN

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Lovett said:

she better go to Wembley if shes touring again!!! I hated having to go to Tottenham to see her

1 minute ago, luxurious said:

she better go to Wembley if shes touring again!!! I hated having to go to Tottenham to see her

Literally anywhere is better than Tottenham. Getting home from that stadium was horrendous. :deadbanana2:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Machete said:

Day 5 on Global Spotify:
#19 II Most Wanted
#30 Alien Superstar
#35 Jolene
#51 Bodyguard
#72 Levii's Jeans

This is what I'm most worried about. No song is taking the "GP fave single" like Alien Superstar seemingly did. Alien Superstar also had 15K TikTok videos at this point, while Bodyguard is the CC song with the most but only 6K.

Now of course, Alien Superstar went on to not really become a hit, but if it is winning at Day 5 over the non-pushed CC songs then it will most definitely keep winning.

EDITED:
Cuff It was also #35 that same day. So yeah Renaissance had 2 songs serving "GP pick" than CC. And I use positions as a benchmark not streams because Spotify streams have grown a lot. #200 on Ren's 5th day did 818K while CC's 5th day #200 did 1.2M...

Comparing chart placements between Ren & CC is misleading, the charts have huge competition right now with multiple songs smashing (Like That, WCBF, Beautiful Things, End of Beginning, I Like The Way You Kiss Me).

II Most Wanted gained 3.2M yesterday, while Alien Superstar gained 1.9M on its 5th day. That 1M+ difference in streams is more than just TTH impact. II Most Wanted is showing promise as a hit single on every platform, it's just not the "instant smash" that Texas Hold Em was. 

I do think Bodyguard has a chance to be a big hit, but there's not enough indication based on the streaming numbers so far. The song will have to go viral on TikTok before Columbia makes any moves on it.

• Like 3

One of my orders from her store finally dispatched :jonny:

Can not wait to finally hold a physidal copy

Edited by J-esper

I can hear God in II HANDS II HEAVEN :chick3:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Machete said:

Day 5 on Global Spotify:
#19 II Most Wanted
#30 Alien Superstar
#35 Jolene
#51 Bodyguard
#72 Levii's Jeans

EDITED:

What is the point of having a GP fave single if it's going to be ignored? At least this time we have Most Wanted getting picked up by radio 

• Like 2

They should stick with II MOST WANTED for spring

Bodyguard for summer

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Lose My Breath said:

They should stick with II MOST WANTED for spring

Bodyguard for summer

i agree.

• Like 2

I think they are making a logical decision with the singles rn. 2 most wanted is to help stabilize the streams until summer when bodyguard fully picks up steam  (hopefully)

Tyrant is so fuсking good…

I truly believe II Most Wanted can become a massive hit. There hasn't been a good duet ballad in a long time and this one just hits the heartstring. It is the perfect song to come on when you're sitting in the car with your boo, friends or even alone thinking about your loved ones. We just need to increase the reach of the song to the general public. I'm also desperately wanting a live performance just for my sake 

Edited by Mariah4life
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, wantedyoutogrow said:

Tyrant is so fuсking good…

COWBOY CARTER, time to strike a match and light up this jukejoint. 

If Bey doesn't want to do a big awards show performance and go through all the red tape at this point in her career I get it, but nothing could be more organic than Miley bringing back her backyard sessions and them doing II Most Wanted Together

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, ShouldersSideways said:

If Bey doesn't want to do a big awards show performance and go through all the red tape at this point in her career I get it, but nothing could be more organic than Miley bringing back her backyard sessions and them doing II Most Wanted Together

This is what the song needs tbh

A performance with both will be fire tbh. The song begs to be performed live. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, ShouldersSideways said:

This would be perfect, at least we would have a live video of the song

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.