Beyoncé - 'COWBOY CARTER'

19SLAYty9

I rather have stability in week 1 than plummeting OR charting a mere 3 songs out of 20+ tracks.

The GP is still trying to decide which song they like, but are still comfortable with THE. The song has peaked but it's well on its way to being a 1 billion streamer in the next year or so. I do feel like one of the other tracks will take off to be even bigger. 

• Replies 13k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lose My Breath

• Lovett

• Negiiiii

• Kristie Kuwa

29 minutes ago, sillycilla said:

yes, it's doing well considering many factors. 

I'm surprised all 24 tracks are still holding up in the US and that's probably what will save it. But, I was afraid of (but didn't mention cause of the celebratory smash) this 'cause as much as I now love CC, you can't really play it all the way through like you can with Reneigh. Reneigh survived, not just cause of Cuff It, but cause each track had respectable enough daily streams. With CC, it seems like the GP will pick out which ones they want to hone in on instead. 

II Most Wanted should be increasing, not merely stabilizing as it is the one being pushed. But if they gonna push it, they need to have been pull out all the stops for radio. I don't understand not doing that but it's Parkwood :giraffe:

• Like 3

Album is growing a lot! 

Pop Culture Hello GIF by Nora Fikse

Is there a vinyl that has all the album tracks or no?

2 minutes ago, nuclear said:

Flop Flop Flop. Parkwood send the Spotify checks now Go Go Go Running GIF

She did 20,5 Mio streams on day 5 with Rennie, so we are still 65% more comparatively speaking. Yall are doing a bit too much

• Like 1

Also a bit of perspective: Bey is performing just as well on AM and Amazon Music like she is on Spotify. Thats literally barely the case for any Album u compare her these days

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So the CD version is even more different than the vinyl version… what a mess of a release

1 minute ago, Kristie Kuwa said:

Also a bit of perspective: Bey is performing just as well on AM and Amazon Music like she is on Spotify. Thats literally barely the case for any Album u compare her these days

To ease some minds:

CC Day 5: 
US: 17M 
Global: TBD

Renaissance Day 5:
US: 8M
Global: 17M 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Beyle Street said:

To ease some minds:

CC Day 5: 
US: 17M 
Global: TBD

Renaissance Day 5:
US: 8M
Global: 17M 

Exactly. Shes literally SMASHING Rennies first week numbers. Also the convo around 2 Most Wanted is silly: When looking at it from a graph perspective, it peaked the day of its release, then lost its footing quite quickly, but yesterday and today it barely lost any positions. Unlike lets say We Cant Be Friends by Ari, it didnt get a performance or MV that could push interest

Its literally on its own while THE is still pulling numbers. Considering that, stabilizing actually means it showing itself more as a capable followe of THE since all other songs (Jolene, Bodyguard, Leviis Jeans) are all losing more.

Also, my fav indicator: New Zealand. Its the only song aside from THE showing stability, further proof of its potential

24 minutes ago, Kristie Kuwa said:

She did 20,5 Mio streams on day 5 with Rennie, so we are still 65% more comparatively speaking. Yall are doing a bit too much

Sis you too tight, get a boi and loosen up. It was obviously a joke. 

• Haha 3

Just now, nuclear said:

Sis you too tight, get a boi and loosen up. It was obviously a joke. 

Ms Kuwa does not receive, she gives and enlarges... life

smug-wink.gif

3 minutes ago, Kristie Kuwa said:

Ms Kuwa does not receive, she gives and enlarges... life

smug-wink.gif

Maybe Ms. Kuwa needs to reconsider , she could use some enlargement in ha life too loosen ha up. #tootight

Edited by nuclear
  • Haha 2

Cowboy Carter is a document of an artist at the top of her form, one who intends — by virtue of her singular focus and steely resolve — to dominate every available music chart. But if you want to go on calling Cowboy Carter a country album, well, go right ahead; God bless you and keep you. Country music, like the country itself, means different things to different folks. There's room enough for everyone here.

https://www.npr.org/2024/04/03/1242447535/beyonce-cowboy-carter-review

:gayoncecat3:

the true hits I hear on this are bodyguard and tyrant 

they should've switched to bodyguard for TTH

1 minute ago, nooniebao said:

I know it had less tracks but :deadbanana: the mass improvement. Reneigh stabilized 7-8M when Cuff It was coming up so CC prob doing double that but it also depends on if the tracks have decent daily streams

4 minutes ago, Beyle Street said:

I know it had less tracks but :deadbanana: the mass improvement. Reneigh stabilized 7-8M when Cuff It was coming up so CC prob doing double that but it also depends on if the tracks have decent daily streams

I think comparing numbers like that doesn't really give a complete picture because Ren started at 43M only and has less tracks.

However even on percentages, on day 5

Ren : 39.5% of first day streams (so it lost 60,5% of its streams in 5 days) 

CC : 46% (if it manages to do 35M so it lost about 54%)

And tbh for such a long album with so many interludes, the streams are relatively homogeneous which is something I find most important. It seems to me that people do listen to the full album (even a couple of interludes). 

Now we just need a hit, maybe Colombia can step in again like they did for Cuff It. :laugh:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BnPac said:

I think comparing numbers like that doesn't really give a complete picture because Ren started at 43M only and has less tracks.

However even on percentages, on day 5

Ren : 39.5% of first day streams (so it lost 60,5% of its streams in 5 days) 

CC : 46% (if it manages to do 35M so it lost about 54%)

And tbh for such a long album with so many interludes, the streams are relatively homogeneous which is something I find most important. It seems to me that people do listen to the full album (even a couple of interludes). 

Now we just need a hit, maybe Colombia can step in again like they did for Cuff It. :laugh:

Yeah, it's not a perfect comparison but it's the only one we got. The only other album with this type of length that I can think of is either Donda or the Morgan Wallen album but that's racist fueling so I won't even dare. I'm thankful for Texas but I want another hit too

UK mids 

5th week at number 1 coming and 2 album top 10's  :WAP:

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Shelter said:

UK mids 

5th week at number 1 coming and 2 album top 10's  :WAP:

does anyone know if the 28k is just from Friday to sunday or up to tuesday? 

Just now, Kingdom said:

does anyone know if the 28k is just from Friday to sunday or up to tuesday? 

I think up to Tuesday. 

• Like 1

Machete

Day 5 on Global Spotify:
#19 II Most Wanted
#30 Alien Superstar
#35 Jolene
#51 Bodyguard
#72 Levii's Jeans

II Most Wanted was on TTH, while AS and obvi the other CC tracks weren't.

This is what I'm most worried about. No song is taking the "GP fave single" like Alien Superstar seemingly did. Alien Superstar also had 15K TikTok videos at this point, while Bodyguard is the CC song with the most but only 6K.

Now of course, Alien Superstar went on to not really become a hit, but if it is winning at Day 5 over the non-pushed CC songs then it will most definitely keep winning.

EDITED:
Cuff It was also #35 that same day. So yeah Renaissance had 2 songs serving "GP pick" than CC. And I use positions as a benchmark not streams because Spotify streams have grown a lot. #200 on Ren's 5th day did 818K while CC's 5th day #200 did 1.2M...

Edited by Machete
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Solaria said:

So the CD version is even more different than the vinyl version… what a mess of a release

I'm hoping for an amended version of CC with the album cover that says act ii: Cowboy Carter and all songs included. 

• Thumbs Down 1

6 minutes ago, Machete said:

Day 5 on Global Spotify:
#19 II Most Wanted
#30 Alien Superstar
#35 Jolene
#51 Bodyguard
#72 Levii's Jeans

II Most Wanted was on TTH, while AS and obvi the other CC tracks weren't.

This is what I'm most worried about. No song is taking the "GP fave single" like Alien Superstar seemingly did. Alien Superstar also had 15K TikTok videos at this point, while Bodyguard is the CC song with the most but only 6K.

Now of course, Alien Superstar went on to not really become a hit, but if it is winning at Day 5 over the non-pushed CC songs then it will most definitely keep winning.

EDITED:
Cuff It was also #35 that same day. So yeah Renaissance had 2 songs serving "GP pick" than CC. And I use positions as a benchmark not streams because Spotify streams have grown a lot. #200 on Ren's 5th day did 818K while CC's 5th day #200 did 1.2M...

I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing. I think people are enjoying multiple songs this time with as opposed to one obvious catchy song. 

• Like 4

I would send Bodyguard to Pop Radio in hopes that it picks up. II Most Wanted isn't a bad choice but it has the biggest push so it having bigger numbers isn't surprising. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.