• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lose My Breath

• Lovett

• Negiiiii

• Kristie Kuwa

44 minutes ago, Cain said:

RUNNING THROUGH THE RIVER :WAP:

Maybe the most euphoric song of her career (on par w Virgo's Groove)

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Lose My Breath said:

same, it's very sly and the family stone

I love the funk, and it only makes me even more excited for her rock album

Same. I know the rock n roll album is gonna be funky and crazy. I expect a Ike and Tina Turner nod on it . Little Richard as well.  They were the real kings of Rock n roll (Ike Turner, Little Richard, Fats Domino, Chuck Berry) not Elvis. Ike and Fats Domino are also Creole so I know she's done the research.  Creoles are responsible lowkey for rock n roll.

I always wondered how she would come back after Lemonade dragged Jay  lyrically to doing the typical pop/r&b love or infidelity   songs but it seems she just got even deeper and has even more to say since.  I'm really loving seeing her growth and how she has so much to say 

Edited by Nippy'sReceipts
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Avenger said:

he loves Bey! 

not bad.

1 hour ago, Quicksand said:

Maybe I'm just reaching but Daughter is somewhat reminiscent to me of X-Static Process by Madonna? Not necessarily by melody but more so by aesthetic and feeling?

Interesting. I can definitely hear it. It's the haunting melody 

• Thanks 1

I can definitely tell Cowboy Carter was supposed to be the follow up to The Gift and Black Parade.”I'm going back to the South where my roots ain't watered down".

The Gift was about the African diaspora and then CC was supposed  to be about  America/country roots. Then, Renaissance like Harlem Renaissance is supposed to be about the Great Migration up North and the dance music made in clubs from NY, NJ, Detroit, Chicago, etc

4 hours ago, Nippy'sReceipts said:

Album length has nothing to do with AOTY. Midnights had like 20 different versions 

She submitted the standard edition with 13 tracks.

1 hour ago, Avenger said:

he loves Bey! 

I agree with him about the overall flow being weird and the spoken interludes feeling defensive. Sweet Honey Buckiin is great tho.

2 hours ago, Mariah4life said:

This is the most fun reaction I've seen. When II Most Wanted come on :gayoncecat3:

I remember they went viral from the "COZY" lyrics. 

2 minutes ago, qegqeg said:

I agree about some tracks not standing on there own/being too short to go anywhere and therefore feeling kind of unneeded, but there's a Renaissance in there with some trimming. He's WRONG about SHB though :supaspaz: 

No matter if people agree or disagree, at LEAST Fantano clearly listens to the projects he reviews and has formed an opinion based on the music and not outside factors/politics. This already gives him instantly more credibility than 90% of other publications

• Like 9

49 minutes ago, Draper. said:

I agree with him about the overall flow being weird and the spoken interludes feeling defensive. Sweet Honey Buckiin is great tho.

I disagree about this..the spoken parts from linda martell is what ties it up diff genres together beautifully......they were actually necessary.

• Like 8
  • Thumbs Down 1

8 minutes ago, Kingdom said:

I disagree about this..the spoken parts from linda martell is what ties it up diff genres together beautifully......they were actually necessary.

I did not need Linda telling me that genres are a funny little concept to go from Cuff It to Energy or to go from Break My Soul to Church Girl and I don't think it's needed here either, it's a decision that won't get better with time either imo. :michael:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Yeah Fantano is pretty spot on but he is wrong about SHB. I've had Buckin on loop all day. Look at that haws!

Just now, Draper. said:

I did not need Linda telling me that genres are a funny little concept to go from Cuff It to Energy or to go from Break My Soul to Church Girl and I don't think it's needed here either, it's a decision that won't get better with time either imo. :michael:

I love Bey but it's like she felt the need to justify something with the interlude. Which I don't get because she literally made Lemonade 8 years ago with no issues lmao

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Draper. said:

the difference is..CUFF IT, ENERGY, CHURCH GIRL are all dance songs, the genre was dance that is why it was not needed. on CC beyonce made the wildest switchups she has ever done in her career genre wise, that is why the Linda intro was necessary. Esp for none beyonce fans.

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, Doogle said:

I love Bey but it's like she felt the need to justify something with the interlude. Which I don't get because she literally made Lemonade 8 years ago with no issues lmao

Maybe she was expecting the gp to listen to this one lol 

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Kingdom said:

the difference is..CUFF IT, ENERGY, CHURCH GIRL are all dance songs, the genre was dance that is why it was not needed. on CC beyonce made the wildest switchups she has ever done in her career genre wise, that is why the Linda intro was necessary. Esp for none beyonce fans.

To be completely honest, I don't get Spaghetti right in the middle of the album when she's gonna go back to Alligator Tears, Just For Fun and II Most Wanted that fit just right with the songs before Spaghetti. Specially when Spaghetti is not a stand out song either, It takes 40 seconds to begin and the outro starts 1 minute after. :michael: Again, I agree with Fantano's commentary about the flow.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Kingdom said:

Lindas intro shouldve been treated like Dolly P (so its possible to skip it if one doesnt want to listen to it)

Genuinely wonder when I'll listen to anything else but this..  :gayoncecat3::gayoncecat2:

32 minutes ago, OhMyAlf said:

Genuinely wonder when I'll listen to anything else but this..  :gayoncecat3::gayoncecat2:

when act iii drops :gaycat1:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Draper. said:

To be completely honest, I don't get Spaghetti right in the middle of the album when she's gonna go back to Alligator Tears, Just For Fun and II Most Wanted that fit just right with the songs before Spaghetti. Specially when Spaghetti is not a stand out song either, It takes 40 seconds to begin and the outro starts 1 minute after. :michael: Again, I agree with Fantano's commentary about the flow.

I think Spaghetti has a cinematic purpose - I envision her running wild and being totally badass after (imagining) killing in Jolene. I get Tarantino vibes from it for whatever reason

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Kristie Kuwa said:

I think Spaghetti has a cinematic purpose - I envision her running wild and being totally badass after (imagining) killing in Jolene. I get Tarantino vibes from it for whatever reason

That is a perfect description of the album and very few reviews have gotten that....its like a western film direct by Tarantino. This exactly the type of music he would use to score his films.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mariah4life said:

This is the most fun reaction I've seen. When II Most Wanted come on :gayoncecat3:

The comment "You know what that does to my p**sy....I mean spirit" killed me :dies:

Just now, qegqeg said:

Still waiting for her cheque to clear at Spotify headquarters :jonny3:

And the press beginning of next week announcing her 8th #1 + all records

1 minute ago, qegqeg said:

~26M from 13 songs 

how do you know? It hasn't officially updated on the website for me

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.