Beyoncé - 'COWBOY CARTER'

19SLAYty9

20 minutes ago, Fleahive said:

A professional sound engineer (maybe he has tea) made a comment saying she will get knocked down for having an album twice as long as everyone else and he also stated that she hasn't been the best at cutting down her albums to the most solid tracks. He agreed with the original poster that he only liked half the album but it's still good for what it is. 

I can agree with this take. If the album was just 1. American Requiem 2. Blackbird 3. 16 Carriages 4. Texas Hold 'Em 5. Body Guard 6. Jolene 7. Daughter 8. Yaya 9. Amen I think she'd have a solid shot at that damn aoty that she wants so bad. The other songs aren't bad, I left out some favorites of mine but they don't elevate the album for most listeners or are too controversial. The songs I left in would classify the whole album as country too. 

Hm makes me wonder how she could've cut down Renaissance to be more digestible. Obviously she'd have to fix transitions in between as well. I'd say:

1. Alien Superstar (lowkey would be a great opener)

2. Cuff HIT

3. Energy

4. BMS

5. POTS

6. Virgos Groove

7. Heated

8. 'Murica has a Problem

9. Pure/Honey

10. Summer Reneigh

Nah, I'd rather have the album the way it is as opposed to AOTY

• Like 5

• Replies 13k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lose My Breath

• Lovett

• Negiiiii

• Kristie Kuwa

15 minutes ago, 99sandthe2000s said:

GKM63qaWIAA-rLk?format=jpg&name=medium

No ******* way lol

makes sense when Marni was saying something she styled was from 3 years ago, or whatever it was that she said

This may be a reach but Bodyguard followed by Dolly P makes me think of a nod to Whitney (Bodyguard: I Will Always Love You).

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Fleahive said:

A professional sound engineer (maybe he has tea) made a comment saying she will get knocked down for having an album twice as long as everyone else and he also stated that she hasn't been the best at cutting down her albums to the most solid tracks. He agreed with the original poster that he only liked half the album but it's still good for what it is. 

I can agree with this take. If the album was just 1. American Requiem 2. Blackbird 3. 16 Carriages 4. Texas Hold 'Em 5. Body Guard 6. Jolene 7. Daughter 8. Yaya 9. Amen I think she'd have a solid shot at that damn aoty that she wants so bad. The other songs aren't bad, I left out some favorites of mine but they don't elevate the album for most listeners or are too controversial. The songs I left in would classify the whole album as country too. 

Hm makes me wonder how she could've cut down Renaissance to be more digestible. Obviously she'd have to fix transitions in between as well. I'd say:

2. Cuff HIT

3. Energy

4. BMS

5. POTS

6. Virgos Groove

7. Heated

8. 'Murica has a Problem

9. Pure/Honey

10. Summer Reneigh

this is camp

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Fleahive said:

2. Cuff HIT

3. Energy

4. BMS

5. POTS

6. Virgos Groove

7. Heated

8. 'Murica has a Problem

9. Pure/Honey

10. Summer Reneigh

Album length has nothing to do with AOTY. Midnights had like 20 different versions 

1 hour ago, Fleahive said:

The first 2 minutes of II hands to heaven can go. I love the last half. 

I used to believe there was space for all opinions but alas :PPP

Edited by Massive_Teardrop
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Nippy'sReceipts said:

Album length has nothing to do with AOTY. Midnights had like 20 different versions 

Album quality also didn't have much to do with it last year :chick1:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

Machete

Jolene is hitting today. :jonny5:

My current top 5:

YA YA
TYRANT
BODYGUARD
DAUGHTER
ALLIIGATOR TEARS

• Like 2

Riverdance has been on repeat in this house!

Edited by Stellar1103
  • Like 2

• ATRL Moderator

BODYGUARD is the hit

• Like 3

QueenofCopyPaste

II MOST WANTED 

29 POP ADDS

added by KIIS AND Z100

POP:

0 45 BEYONCE II Most Wanted 280 0 280 1.764

• Like 6

I finally remembered what Desert Eagle's bass synth thing reminds me of

The updated predictions :eek::eek:

We moving :jamming:

From the top of the morning

She shines 

Right thru the blinds

Touching everything in her plain view

And everything next to her

Gets lit up too

Nat Geo Wild Lion GIF by Savage Kingdom

SHE'S THAT GIRL :gayoncecat3:

• Like 1

Does anyone else think the album is actually telling a full chronological story with the interludes signaling the change?

First part is all about family and history.

Second part is about falling in love and possibly going on the run at the end.

3rd part is being about being on the run and it ending badly.

4th part is a time jump and dealing with the past before going back home.

• Like 3

This is the most fun reaction I've seen. When II Most Wanted come on :gayoncecat3:

• Like 2

My current top 5:

LEVI JEANS

AMERICAN REQUIREM

II MOST WANTED 

YA YA

BODYGUARD

• Like 1

bodyguard needa be pushed as a single asap.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Maybe I'm just reaching but Daughter is somewhat reminiscent to me of X-Static Process by Madonna? Not necessarily by melody but more so by aesthetic and feeling?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Machete said:

Jolene is hitting today. :jonny5:

Me and my man crossed those valleys, highs and lows and everything between

good deeds roll in like tumbling weeeeeedsss

:khalyan2:

• Like 1

Ya Ya destroyed These Boots are made for Walkin's wig . That song was associated with the Dukes of Hazzard confederacy movie. I  love how she said "family lived and died in America, whole lotta red in that white and blue" as the first lines 

Edited by Nippy'sReceipts

he loves Bey! 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Avenger said:

he loves Bey! 

KING! Also the Rennie stanning and saying Rennie is more effortless and natural :gaycat4: he gets it!

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.