WB’s “Coyote vs Acme” is now expected to be shelved and deleted forever

Horizon Flame

It's just insane to me that there exists a mechanism where erasing a movie from existence can be "more profitable" than letting it have (at worst) a limited theatrical run :rip:

Edited by Khal
  • Like 2

sad

it looked interesting 

are the looney tunes stans really that MIA :biblionny:

6 minutes ago, Khal said:

It's just insane to me that there exists a mechanism where erasing a movie from existence can be "more profitable" than letting it have (at worst) a limited theatrical run :rip:

Yeah. I assume there's a high cost to make theatrical releases but they could easily release it on streaming.

Apparently Paramount offered to make a theatrical release as part of the deal but they were paid dust. Very weird

Edited by Mr. Peanutbutter

wb is just a studio that has appeared largely anti-art to my eyes over the past decade or so (especially related to the dc franchise), and that culture has only escalated since zaslav took over. they're ruthless and honestly don't give a damn about anything or anyone. james gunn was a co-writer! if even a project he's heavily involved in can get shelved like that, what hope do others have?

also, zaslav not even watching it before making this decision is laughable.

Edited by supercutofus
  • Like 1

Someone needs to leak it along with Batgirl and the Scooby Doo sequel. 

This is crazy. And it's apparantly good :rip:

WB have and will continue to make idiotic decisions. 

• Like 1

I wish the worst upon Zaslav

5 hours ago, Mr. Peanutbutter said:

Yeah. I assume there's a high cost to make theatrical releases but they could easily release it on streaming.

their issue is that they think it would be easy to get $30 million from tax writeoff

and very difficult to get that amount's worth of subscribers for putting it on streaming

not that wb should do this b/c movies are created for release, not to be deleted to save the studio money

Zaslav must be smoking crack 

I feel like there’s something else in this story that we are not aware, like what if the film was indeed that bad and shitty? The director has only made 2 movies that were flops and it’s not like John Cena is a big draw, he just had a big flop a few weeks ago.

Also look at what happened with Shazam and Flash, he’s done with the mediocre films and it’s better that way that wasting money promoting and doing marketing.

I don’t know but I feel like there’s something else going on in this story.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.