"Sunflower" certified 2x Diamond in the US; becomes the highest-certified single ever

NicoleAMatty

:deadbanana:

Edited by NicoleAMatty

Screenshot-20240208-101230-Chrome.jpg

Nuts :deadbanana4:

insane numbers :clap3:

In only 5 years, btw. :deadbanana:

The song is cute, but the straights™ are obsessed with it.

I never understood why this song was so well liked. 20M units is insane :deadbanana4:

That Post Malone run was insane.

it's not even a good song :skull: 

• Haha 2

Uptown Funk should have been the first to this. I really don't understand why no one has updated that certification since 2016.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Why? How? Sometimes smashes are so random. Its not even that catchy.

Insane:hoetenks:
I wonder what the chart run would look like if there wasnt the recurrent rules

Who the **** streaking this song in 2024 ?

• Haha 1

Never even heard that song. I know who Post Malone is but his whole chart domination during the mid late 2010s passed me by without me even paying attention to him or hearing his stuff. Its not like the 90s or 2000s where if a song was big it was truly inescapable, doesnt seeem to happen anymore. 

• Thanks 1

not-realistic-sassy.gif

Oh damn, this song really did some damage! :clap3: 

I wonder where Shape of You and Blinding Lights are?

I may be really wrong but was this song particularly huge in the US? It performed decently globally but seems like some classic in the US. I remember the song being a hit but not to the extent of 2x diamond.

Was this song particularly huge in the US? It performed decently or mediocrely on the global scale but seems like some classic in the US. I remember the song being a hit but not to the extent of 2x diamond. :rip: A local smash

Edited by Blackout2006

3 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

I may be really wrong but was this song particularly huge in the US? It performed decently globally but seems like some classic in the US. I remember the song being a hit but not to the extent of 2x diamond.

It is the most streamed song ever on US Spotify. It was the lack of radio support that prevented this from having a Blinding Lights run on the Hot 100.

• Like 2

While it was a major hit on its own, I think it being the main song in that Spiderman movie helped it reach so many people then and will continue to as new people find it. 

• Like 1

I love this song. I hope fortnight will equally be as big 

:ryan3:

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Ms. Togekiss said:

I never understood why this song was so well liked. 20M units is insane :deadbanana4:

It’s a great song and easy to listen to

I don’t even know how the chorus or the rhythm of the song goes

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, pride4jc1222 said:

It is the most streamed song ever on US Spotify. It was the lack of radio support that prevented this from having a Blinding Lights run on the Hot 100.

Wow ok. I guess it's more about the right place and time. Hip-hop was basking the sunshine of its golden age (especially in the US), Post Malone was at the epitome of his career, and Spotify was booming.

Edited by Blackout2006

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.