Is Tracy Chapman's induction into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame imminent now?

Fitzswiftie

The hall of fame is known for finally inducting legends after a popular media moment - Chic after the Daft Punk collab, N.W.A. after their biopic, The Go-Go's after their documentary and most recently Kate Bush after Stranger Things needle drop.

With revived for Chapman after the success of Luke Combs' cover of Fast Car and her phenomenal received Grammy performance (boasted her catalogue and one of her few live performances this century), do you think that Chapman's induction is inevitable at this point? Nominees for this year have already been voted on (end of January) but like Kate Bush, could she be boasted by the late breaking success to be a straight through the door inductee for 2025?

I’m sure she’ll get in there eventually but idk if it’ll be that quickly. She’s had a very nice moment but I think the voters will still have other priorities. 

I believe Kate Bush was shortlisted several times without getting in before Running Up That Hill’s smashery finally sealed the deal. Tracy isn’t really in a similar position. 

Edited by Achilles.

• ATRL Moderator
52 minutes ago, Fitzswiftie said:

The hall of fame is known for finally inducting legends after a popular media moment - Chic after the Daft Punk collab, N.W.A. after their biopic, The Go-Go's after their documentary and most recently Kate Bush after Stranger Things needle drop.

With revived for Chapman after the success of Luke Combs' cover of Fast Car and her phenomenal received Grammy performance (boasted her catalogue and one of her few live performances this century), do you think that Chapman's induction is inevitable at this point? Nominees for this year have already been voted on (end of January) but like Kate Bush, could she be boasted by the late breaking success to be a straight through the door inductee for 2025?

I think she may have done enough to be on THIS YEAR's ballot - set to be announced next week.

If she does, and depending on the other women on it - she's a very safe option to follow in the Carole - Carly - Sheryl[/strike[ "Female singer/songwriter" lane.

i mean its a cute moment but its not like she is a priority. if she does well then ok but there are much more important figures to get in first. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.