Where are 3,34mil ppl who bought 25?

Safe&Sound

1 hour ago, MatiRod said:

I'm one of them, I got it as a xmas stocking filler for my mom :rip: 

Well that just says it all don’t it :deadbanana2: This thread is giving Mandela Effect vibes 

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Havoc

• mrpartyrocker

• Taylena

• Asscatchem

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Adele was a pure sales adult age domination force. Streaming has taken over and doesn't have the same audience, she's still among the top 5 best sellers of with "30" for the year which is huge in an era that isn't even congruent with her demographic.

living their lives in private as most people do. hopefully raising children right and/or nurturing family 

EOM was a success, but not even close to what Hello was. Hello sold 13M in 2 months acc to the IFPI + she had the hype of 21, the biggest era of any singer in history. s:wan:

Where are they now? They are living among us. Average citizens, average heroes. Quietly and anonymously continuing to make the world a better place.

Edited by Anomaly
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Adele was coming from the biggest female era from the past 20 years, they were perched and mostly, people actually invested in buying albums so it was the perfect storm.

30 came out during the streaming era, after a long ass break and with way less hype, it was never going to sell the same.

Apple music was still new back then and Spotify didnt really took off till 2017

Me?  I bought 25 the first day but didn’t buy 30.  Between the 6 years and lack of new style, I lost interest and moved on. 

3 hours ago, Safe&Sound said:

30 in fact, is still around 3million+ copies in US

Still not surpassing 25's first week sales which makes me wonder, where are those people who support her that time?

Why were they suddenly gone when her music remains similar/still offer things that they like/fulfill the demand?

I do believe Easy On Me and Hello are in par, in terms on success and hype and to see the album sales don't match, is baffling me

Also 3,34 million is big number...

Do people not get suspicious with the number detail?

Cause the debut of Born This Way, Midnights, BEYONCE are massive too, and their debut numbers accumulated is still under 30

Dont you guys think it's possibly the album number being shipped, just how the label reported 30 has been sold 5 million copies?

You ask such a dumb question or you want to troll? Like where is the same people who bought Meghan Trainor's first album :rip: 

WHERE ARE THE 1.5m or better yet 1.6m people who bought “1989 (Taylor’s Version)” oh wait…

200.gif?cid=a595bef3jtdaf19kxye31b1ye0it

Edited by Brikenbur
  • Haha 1

Imagine thinking Easy on Me was a flop... It almost has 2 billions streams in Spotify.

Edited by ttsmu
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Taylena said:

Don't you think if Taylor only made her albums available to be purchased she wouldn't easily double her sales?  

The sales are already inflated by people buying the albums multiple times.

3 hours ago, jomarr said:

Streaming was just starting then. Also Adele had an additional demographic, the 40-50s age group, which our MPGs do not have that much.

Those Whitney, MC, and Celine stans in the 90s were itching to get another powehouse vocalist who just purely sings. In 2015, this age demographic hated the liberation of pop music and would support someone who just sings well without the extra curricular.

Then streaming happened. They probably couldn’t figure out what a Spotify is. :michael: 

If they can’t figure out streaming what are they using to listen to music instead of CDs?

More than 0.34M people died that's why. 

And the newer gens just dont use her.

• ATRL Moderator
4 hours ago, iHype. said:

Many people don't realize that Adele's biggest selling point was the 40+ demo of soccer moms, grandparents, etc. Lots of people bought 25 to gift to older family members. Once the streaming era fully kicked in she was never going to have the same sales support because nobody really thinks of CDs as a gift anymore or is using them. 

It's not a coincidence that during the early 2010s we also saw a time when acts like Susan Boyle, Michael Buble, Tony Bennett, etc were experiencing huge success and selling millions of albums. They all catered to the same 40+ audience that goes to Barnes & Noble, listens to AC radio, and watched Oprah. All of them also benefitted from the older audiences still buying albums or getting albums as gifts. Then in mid 2010s by streaming era all their sales massively declined also. Adele had way more youth/mainstream appeal than them though, so 30 still did a few million in comaprison to them falling off entirely, but it's nowhere near what the other albums did because that demo,

The early 2010s was the digital downloading era for the youth, everyone young was buying singles on iTunes or just straight up illegally downloading. Nobody in the young demo was buying albums really that much which is why the older/AC artists started ruling the albums department suddenly and Katy/Rihanna/etc were constantly pointed out as being singles artists. Streaming era gave the youth the power in the album department and completely wiped it away from that older demo.

HYPEY?!?!?!? My baby sis?!?!?!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Taylena said:

25 wasn't available on streaming, that's why.  I think it would still sell above 1M copies but nothing close to what it did in that first week. As much as people say that's impressive, and it is, it's not more impressive than Midnights and 1989TV selling close to 2M while being available to everyone on streaming. 

the latter are caused by bulk buying stans who go for multiple variants. 25 sold purely without any gimmicks.

if we're going to credit midnights/1989 might as well credit the kpop groups that cleared 5+ million first week off the same play.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Asscatchem said:

if we're going to credit midnights/1989 might as well credit the kpop groups that cleared 5+ million first week off the same play.

Are those groups also seeing 180 million streams in a single day and maintaining strong sales beyond the first week? 

Just now, Taylena said:

Are those groups also seeing 180 million streams in a single day and maintaining strong sales beyond the first week? 

didnt BTS videos get like 100M streams in 24 hours?

1 minute ago, Asscatchem said:

didnt BTS videos get like 100M streams in 24 hours?

I'm talking about Spotify where streams get filtered and usually BTS' filter rate is above 50%. 

Just now, Taylena said:

I'm talking about Spotify where streams get filtered and usually BTS' filter rate is above 50%. 

not all of asia uses spotify

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Asscatchem said:

the latter are caused by bulk buying stans who go for multiple variants. 25 sold purely without any gimmicks.

Right? Taylor could pull off 2m pure sales with multiple variants, but I don’t think she could do it with just 1 variant. 

I bought 21,25 and 30

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Taylena said:

Don't you think if Taylor only made her albums available to be purchased she wouldn't easily double her sales?  

Not really?

1989 was not on streaming and it didn't double those sales, and that was arguably her peak. Reputation had a windowed release and wasn't on streaming platforms for its first few weeks just like 25 and it still didn't double those sales either. Not to mention Adele pulled those numbers with mostly individual purchases. No variants, no signed copies, no fanbase multi-buying, no clean/explicit.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Støned said:

Umm no, Easy on Me  is huge downgrade from Hello.

It's what killed the hype for 30.

I don't agree. EOM obviously had a less explosive start because it wasn't riding on 21's hype but it washed Hello in terms of longevity. It spent 8 weeks at #1 in the UK, vs. Hello's 3 and more weeks on the Hot 100 too. It's still getting 1.1m streams per day which is insane. 

What killed the hype for 30 was 30. Easy On Me was the only marketable song on it. Everything else was either 7 minutes long or an inferior facsimile of her older songs. Or both.

7 hours ago, Taylena said:

25 wasn't available on streaming, that's why.  I think it would still sell above 1M copies but nothing close to what it did in that first week. As much as people say that's impressive, and it is, it's not more impressive than Midnights and 1989TV selling close to 2M while being available to everyone on streaming. 

People who buy Taylor's albums are also the ones that stream them. There wouldn't be that much difference in pure copies if she didn't have streaming lbr.

Edited by tost1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.