Where are 3,34mil ppl who bought 25?

Safe&Sound

30 in fact, is still around 3million+ copies in US

Still not surpassing 25's first week sales which makes me wonder, where are those people who support her that time?

Why were they suddenly gone when her music remains similar/still offer things that they like/fulfill the demand?

I do believe Easy On Me and Hello are in par, in terms on success and hype and to see the album sales don't match, is baffling me

Also 3,34 million is big number...

Do people not get suspicious with the number detail?

Cause the debut of Born This Way, Midnights, BEYONCE are massive too, and their debut numbers accumulated is still under 30

Dont you guys think it's possibly the album number being shipped, just how the label reported 30 has been sold 5 million copies?

• Confused 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Havoc

• mrpartyrocker

• Taylena

• Asscatchem

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm one of them, I got it as a xmas stocking filler for my mom :rip: 

• Haha 3

• ATRL Moderator

I got it during the first week on iTunes. I loved it a lot when it was first released but haven’t revisited it in years 

I bought 25 and didn’t buy 30

• Like 1

I think that Adele, through her positioning as a kind of countercultural force to the Katys and Gagas of the time, connected with relatively unique demographics with 21. This consisted of a lot of people who wouldn’t normally anticipate an album and who aren’t normally served by an artist who’s popular on that major scale and who also connects with typical music consumers. So, when 25 dropped, every engaged music fan turned out, these usually underutilized demographic markets turned out, people who just plain liked 21 turned out - she had virtually every possible engaged consumer ready to buy that album besides the very rare person who just didn’t like 21 much. 25 itself, while huge of course, was simply not the kind of cultural phenomenon and force that could have perpetuated that pattern and allowed her to repeat it with 30, especially with a six year gap.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Havoc said:

25 doubled both of them so this doesnt make sense. 

Don't you think if Taylor only made her albums available to be purchased she wouldn't easily double her sales?  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

In queue to buy tickets to her Munich residency 

Edited by izebize
  • Like 2

Dozens of Artists were selling 10’s of Millions of Physical Albums each in the 90’s. Eminem was selling nearly 2 Million albums first week in 2000, Utada sold like 10 Million from one album in under a year. 

answer; People buy music and move on with thier lives. This ain’t fishy. She actually sold that much. The world is pretty big 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Taylena said:

Don't you think if Taylor only made her albums available to be purchased she wouldn't easily double her sales?  

Doubled? Thats a huge assumption

• Like 7

they are safe & sound 

spacer.png

• Haha 2

You can't compare 2015 album sales to 2024 album sales. 

• Like 7

(certain) Swifties leave other big female artists alone challenge

Project-Name_2.thumb.gif.4096b5cd6ddff75

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5

The average Adele listener doesn't use streaming as much as Gen Z/Millenials do

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

11 hours ago, Taylena said:

25 wasn't available on streaming, that's why.  I think it would still sell above 1M copies but nothing close to what it did in that first week. As much as people say that's impressive, and it is, it's not more impressive than Midnights and 1989TV selling close to 2M while being available to everyone on streaming. 

It’s still more impressive than 1989TV and Midnights though. Most people bought a single copy of 25,at most maybe an extra as a gift but not the buying 4/multiple versions of the same album to form a clock or to have as collections that Swifties are famous for.

Edited by chaklux
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Taylena said:

No! Factually she’s never done it and probably will never do it and that’s okay. 

• Like 2

Not sure what the OP is trying to assume with this thread and why you’re getting suspicious all of a sudden… especially as a fan of Taylor it seems. 

• Thanks 4

28 minutes ago, Taylena said:

In 2015? Didn’t she omit her discography from streaming during those years?

OT: they were all at/watching the grammys 

Edited by dirrtydiana

34 minutes ago, Taylena said:

Didn't she famously used to leave her music off of streaming platforms? :rip:

And no, streaming plays a huge part in her sales, as well as the fact she releases like 10 versions of her albums. Billboard literally named 21 as the biggest album of all time, so it's no surprise the followup garnered massive hype that lead to its first week sales.

• Like 2

am i stupid or does streaming not count towards sales? Isn't that why Taylors numbers are huge, because she gets massive streams?

also why are Taylor stans always chiming in on other female's successes.. :rip:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Streaming was just starting then. Also Adele had an additional demographic, the 40-50s age group, which our MPGs do not have that much.

Those Whitney, MC, and Celine stans in the 90s were itching to get another powehouse vocalist who just purely sings. In 2015, this age demographic hated the liberation of pop music and would support someone who just sings well without the extra curricular.

Then streaming happened. They probably couldn’t figure out what a Spotify is. :michael: 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Safe&Sound said:

Easy On Me and Hello are in par, in terms on success and hype

Umm no, Easy on Me  is huge downgrade from Hello.

It's what killed the hype for 30.

I'm saying this as an Adele fan, but EOM didn't really hit me as hard as Hello. 25 has a lot of replay value than 30, probably because the latter is a very personal album tackling divorce, which most of her casual fans can't relate to.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.