Untitled Jurassic World Film | July 2, 2025 | Gareth Edwards Directing

Pop Art

After recently tapping David Koepp to pen the script, Universal Pictures' new Jurassic World pic is in early talks with David Leitch to direct the next film in the billion dollar franchise. The film is set to bow on July 2, 2025.

The new movie will be a completely fresh take on a Jurassic era with Jurassic World castmembers Chris Pratt and Bryce Dallas Howard not expected to return, nor the original trilogy's thespians Jeff Goldblum, Laura Dern and Sam Neill.

Deadline

After a deal couldn't be made for David Leitch to direct, Universal Pictures and Amblin Entertainment have moved fast as the studio is in final negotiations for Rogue One director Gareth Edwards to helm a new Jurassic World movie.

Deadline

I didn't think they would make a new film this quickly after the last one was marketed as a finale to the story originally started in 1993 and seeing how the break between the two sets of trilogies was 14 years, but I'm so here for it, I LOVE dinosaurs. :jonny:

I'm a little shocked they're just announcing it yet the planned release date is less than 1.5 years away...either they're deeper into production than is currently indicated or they're being a little too optimistic with the turnaround time this will take I fear. :dancehall: Hopefully they realize they need really need to bring their A Game this time, the last one did well commercially but didn't receive the best reviews or word of mouth, which I worry could affect this one if they serve the same level of quality.

• Like 3

Bring back the original children and I’ll watch it.

• Confused 1

Ummm.....this type of movies need a lot for post-production and they haven't even filmed this, and is set to release in 1 year and 5 months ?? :huh:

• Like 1

Just now, BlackAura said:

Ummm.....this type of movies need a lot for post-production and they haven't even filmed this, and is set to release in 1 year and 5 months ?? :huh:

That's what I'm saying! They're either much farther into production that they're letting on or they're being way too optimistic with that date. :deadbanana:

If they push out a rush released mess I'm rioting. :khalyan2:

i want to get instinct already. enough 

I'm so excited 

I love dinosaurs regardless of what the storyline is .... give me dinosaurs 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KKW said:

I thought this franchise was done?

Jurassic world trilogy was done .. not the whole franchise 

Love this.

1 hour ago, BlackAura said:

They already have a huge library of CGI/VFX objets/dinosaurs.

I think they have to already be deep into production/filming to release this considering the timelines of the other films - I wonder who's the cast

Please please please have a decent enough script to make this enjoyable...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ponzi said:

Please please please have a decent enough script to make this enjoyable...

The fact that they got the screenwriter from the first two films to do this one makes me cautiously optimistic. 🤞

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Pop Art said:

The fact that they got the screenwriter from the first two films to do this one makes me cautiously optimistic. 🤞

That's neat! Fingers crossed as well. I actually think there's elements from the World trilogy (well, the first two. I haven't watched Dominion) that could have made for a great movie, but the screenwriting really brings them down unfortunately :chick1:

• Like 1

Bring back the Spinosaurus.

I'm all for a prequel or maybe a hybrid plot - with half the movie taking place before the park opens and the other half takes place between JP1&2

this seems extremely unlikely to hit its intended release window. even if there's a completed shooting script, there's no director and no cast attached...yet somehow it's coming out in 18 months?

unless this is a much smaller scaled project than i anticipate (which i'd much prefer but also doubt universal is thinking about), this isn't getting released until 2026 imo. the post-production time alone if it's a blockbuster would require them to be shooting within the next few months.

The first Jurassic World movie filmed from April 2014 to August 2014 with a trailer being released in November 2014 and with the movie coming out in June 2015. It’s definitely possible that it can come out next year.

i hope it’s a good movie. or at least a fun movie 

Yeah this ain’t happening in July 2025, look at Superman coming two weeks after but it already has a cast, a script, a director, starts shooting in March and has been in pre-production since August 2023.

There’s not way to finish a script, cast, film and post produce this type of film in 16 months unless it’s a very grounded take with very few dinosaurs, not very well known actors and a very dumb/generic plot to have the characters running from Point A to B… if this happens it’s either Xmas 2025 or May 2026.

5 minutes ago, Sam96 said:

The first Jurassic World movie filmed from April 2014 to August 2014 with a trailer being released in November 2014 and with the movie coming out in June 2015. It’s definitely possible that it can come out next year.

i hope it’s a good movie. or at least a fun movie 

Yeah but Colin Trevorrow was hired in March 2013 to direct the film, then he rewrote the script and had the casting leads ready for October/November 2013 for an April 2014 shooting schedule.

This time they don’t even have director, script and there’s no way for them to start shooting at least in March 2024 for a July 2025 release, I feel like the earliest they could start work is August 2024.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.