• Leptine

• Hephaestus

• ReachOut

• Starkboy

Italian gays care about Sanremo? I thought it's an old people thing :skull:

• Thumbs Down 1

56 minutes ago, Raptus said:

Lol it was an old people thing 10 years ago, nowdays sanremo is THE SHOW in Italy. For a whole week we only talk about sanremo everywhere

• Like 4

1 hour ago, loliza said:

Lol it was an old people thing 10 years ago, nowdays sanremo is THE SHOW in Italy. For a whole week we only talk about sanremo everywhere

Millenialls/Gen Z still watch TV in Italy?

Edited by Raptus

28 minutes ago, Raptus said:

They watch sanremo! However thanks to the streaming a lot of teens returned on watching tv, there is this serie called mare fuori which has really good ratings among them.

Sanremo itself pulls the same ratings as the grammys in the usa.

Ot. Mahmood would have deserved to win last night, his cover was really something special. 

There is no way he would win the festival a third time, i hope he improves his concert numbers

• Like 2

Ok let me enter to my Mahmood era once again  :gaycat7:

Thats a BOP

I had to stop listening to this song this week at some point, because the chorus got stuck in my mind 💀 It’s so good.

Planning on checking out of MahmoodRehab tomorrow.  

• Haha 2

I don't usually like his music, but this is sooooo good.

Not at people shading Apnea when it's my favourite along with La Noia :skull: I really want La Noia to win 

2 hours ago, Raptus said:

the biggest names in music partecipate nowadays so yeah kinda. 

12 hours ago, loliza said:

It Always has been the show in Italy :rip:

Edited by vale9001
  • Thumbs Down 1

13 hours ago, Raptus said:

Songs from Sanremo make 2M Daily streams  on Spotify  just in Italy. Maybe you are confused with Eurovison. 

• Thumbs Down 1

The song is cool. Surprised it wasn't at the Top 5 in Sanremo.

17 hours ago, loliza said:

They watch sanremo! However thanks to the streaming a lot of teens returned on watching tv, there is this serie called mare fuori which has really good ratings among them.

Sanremo itself pulls the same ratings as the grammys in the usa.

Ot. Mahmood would have deserved to win last night, his cover was really something special. 

There is no way he would win the festival a third time, i hope he improves his concert numbers

It is known to having one of the longest finals because I live in the U.S. and this begins like at noon and ends at 5pm. :deadbanana2:

On 2/10/2024 at 1:14 PM, Raptus said:

They do, also the show has managed to return more popular and trendy in the last years.

43 minutes ago, Leptine said:

They do, also the show has managed to return more popular and trendy in the last years.

Then why the audience looked so old durning Mahmood  performance? :skull:

5 minutes ago, Raptus said:

Then why the audience looked so old durning Mahmood  performance? :skull:

Because it's an exclusive event and is not easy getting the seats that are usually reserved for certain people like tv hosts, it's a small venue, but like it has been told to you already this is pulling the same numbers that a Grammys show is doing in the US which is huge for our country.

Not sure why you're trying to prove the contrary. Sanremo sure had some years of decline in popularity, but like I told you in the last years it has returned huge, it has just pulled the best ratings since the 90s.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Leptine said:

Not sure why you're trying to prove the contrary. Sanremo sure had some years of decline in popularity, but like I told you in the last years it has returned huge, it has just pulled the best ratings since the 90s.

That doesn't mean young people were watching.

The greatest group of individuals watching television in Italy in 2022 was aged between 45 and 54 years, with 8.22 million viewers. On the contrary, people aged between 18 and 19 years represented the smallest group, with around 971thousand.

Italy: television viewers by age 2022 | Statista

https://www.statista.com/statistics/539635/television-viewers-by-age-italy/

Edited by Raptus
  • Thumbs Down 2

Just now, Raptus said:

The greatest group of individuals watching television in Italy in 2022 was aged between 45 and 54 years, with 8.22 million viewers. On the contrary, people aged between 18 and 19 years represented the smallest group, with around 971thousand.

Italy: television viewers by age 2022 | StatistaItaly: television viewers by age 2022 | Statista

The stats of the average tv audience has nothing to do with Sanremo that is an extraordinary event that pulls extraordinary ratings.

Tones of the artists that participate are literally most known and popular with the younger generations in first, even if they weren't watching the event from tv (that by the way can be watched also on streaming), the performances and the songs are all over social media and streaming platforms.

If the new generations wouldn't care, the whole top20 of Spotify Italy wouldn't have the contestants pulling million of streams, same on Youtube-TikTok.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Raptus said:

Italy: television viewers by age 2022 | Statista

Sanremo is literally HUGE among young people, I reunited with +20 friends for the past few nights to watch and vote together and almost everybody I know did the same, it brings people together, everybody talks about that only for a week, plus with Geolier a whole new audience was involved this year, as he has the 13-18 audience wrapped around his finger and that age group isn't very keen on Sanremo usually.

And then there's the Fantasanremo, everybody was playing this year, lots of local business participated, and the target was Gen Z obviously.

#36 (+5) *13 Kanye songs above* Spotify WW 2,429,307 (+136,831)

#2 (=) Spotify Italy 2,073,691 (+110,482)

The global smashing I-

This truly deserved the ESC

• Like 1

highest peak ever for a solo artist, 2nd overall after his own ‘Brividi’

also

this WINNER :clap3:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

my god, this is huge, everybody's singing it today at work lol

That’s awesome! Sanremo did have a very strong collection of songs this year, but this one stood out for me immediately, so it’s nice to see it having success even with the unfair 6th place it got at the festival.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Starkboy said:

highest peak ever for a solo artist, 2nd overall after his own ‘Brividi’

also

this WINNER :clap3:

To think it would be even higher without the Kanye spam above it :jonny: 

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.