Leigh-Anne - "Stealin Love"

zeta

It has already dropped in some countries on iTunes...

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tbhmatt

• The Slayer

• Danai G

• WERKER

1 hour ago, Danai G said:

It has already dropped in some countries on iTunes...

Was it high in the first place? Not even being shady 

i can understand people enjoying the song, that's fine. but as a career rollout i don't think you guys understand just how disastrous this is. i was willing to forgive DSL and My Love- both were appropriate single choices and the latter was performed enough with radio push. but the fans have been so patient with her hoping to get rewarded with something more. instead we got this half baked song with 1 track per month and no album in sight. they're setting her up for failure. there's a particular hype that you can only get once as a new artist - producers want to work with you, the label wants to invest, fans wanna push their hardest and people are curious to check out your new music. she will never get that back.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WERKER said:

129,191 full day streams. Spotify

Considering it was a Thursday release with no playlist support, this is actually good. Let's hope for 600k streams for Friday and that the song will be STABLE

This is cute.

Yeah, that's more than I thought she'd get on Thursday considering the hype was minimal and not a lot of people even knew she was releasing.

this is a lovely song and she sounds so dreamy, i feel like she suits this sound more compared to DSL. 

8 hours ago, Saint James said:

people are curious to check out your new music

This is gone. She chose the wrong lead single which turned many ppl off. My love should have been lead with DSL as second single. 

It's so obvious she's going to disappear & we will get no album

23 minutes ago, tbhmatt said:

Completely missed the Top 200 on UK Spotify 

If there was a top 300 she would miss that well. It's safe to say it's over. She has the worst team ever pushing her in the US not the UK should be studied.

15 minutes ago, Facelessboy said:

If there was a top 300 she would miss that well. It's safe to say it's over. She has the worst team ever pushing her in the US not the UK should be studied.

I did cackle a little bit dddd. It's fine, she doesn't need to be massively successful to still build a niche fan base that can support a fulfilling solo career. All she needs is the material, as long she's still releasing music that she and her fans like then it's fine imo.

7 hours ago, tbhmatt said:

Completely missed the Top 200 on UK Spotify 

Oh dear….

Sigh. I thought these girls would get better teams than the ones they had during LM years. But at the moment it's worse! You have Leigh releasing song after song with no album in sight and a disastrous lead single. Then you have Perrie who dropped her lead single snippet like 2 weeks ago and not only is the actual song dropping in another 2 weeks, some idiot at her label decided it would be a good idea to drop her very first single as a solo artist on the same day that the world's BIGGEST most successful artist is dropping her new album. 

you couldn't make this up…

Thursday 28th - 129,191

Friday 29th - 172,673

Total: 301,864

26 minutes ago, Xpress2019 said:

Oh dear….

Sigh. I thought these girls would get better teams than the ones they had during LM years. But at the moment it's worse! You have Leigh releasing song after song with no album in sight and a disastrous lead single. Then you have Perrie who dropped her lead single snippet like 2 weeks ago and not only is the actual song dropping in another 2 weeks, some idiot at her label decided it would be a good idea to drop her very first single as a solo artist on the same day that the world's BIGGEST most successful artist is dropping her new album. 

Who are you referring to? Taylor? Her album drops the week after, April 19th.

• Like 1

I am enjoying the music and grateful she's still releasing, but those streaming numbers are atrocious and further proof that dragging this EP out with one song a month for 5 months is just stupid. Just release the music together and let people enjoy it together as one body of work. Absolutely nobody is going to care anymore by the time she gets round to releasing the 5th song.

I'd personally much rather have 4 new songs to enjoy together than have each release dragged out.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, tbhmatt said:

those streaming numbers are atrocious and further proof that dragging this EP out with one song a month for 5 months is just stupid. Just release the music together and let people enjoy it together as one body of work. Absolutely nobody is going to care anymore by the time she gets round to releasing the 5th song.

I'd personally much rather have 4 new songs to enjoy together than have each release dragged out.

Couldn't agree more! What are they thinking?!

Are they holding out hope one of them 5 will smash and she can launch an album off that? Because :rip:

16 minutes ago, The Slayer said:

Couldn't agree more! What are they thinking?!

Are they holding out hope one of them 5 will smash and she can launch an album off that? Because :rip:

Releasing them individually as "droplets" kind of defeats the point of calling it an EP, too? If they "exist together in their own world" then put the whole thing out as one body of work. Release some visuals, even if just low budget dance videos. Do some intimate, smaller live shows to promote the material. I don't understand why they're doing this one song at a time thing. They need to stop chasing hits and just release the material so she can at least build a fanbase and start doing live shows.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Xpress2019 said:

Oh dear….

it's 2024, it's not usual these days to release a bunch of singles before an album, in fact it's the norm especially for a debut artist who hasn't released an album yet. If she had dropped her album around the time of My Love and it underperformed, y'all would be dragging her team for that too saying that they moved too fast and didn't build enough hype :skull: And Perrie's single isn't coming out on Taylor's album release day, it's coming out a week before.

These streaming numbers are not bad but definitely not good either. All of this playlist support only for the song to not even reach more than 200k on the second day!? At least she has been added to more playlists, hopefully the radio will do its work sooner or later and the promotion will keep up. 

And sorry, but the idea of dragging an EP for five months is so funny to me. Just drop the EP after the second song or something, it's not something that needs dragging. What matters now is that Leigh-Anne will do interviews, promote her project, do more live performances etc. i really hope that her team will know what to do now. Stealing Love while not a smash hit, still has so much potential and with the right promotion it can do so much better. 

Ok, so hear me out.

This should've been the first song released last year, it's perfect, such a distinctive sound from Little Mix and yet totally expected for Leigh-Anne.

This song released in June 2023 followed by My Love in August 2023 would've been perfect and perhaps we would've been in a better situation.

I really don't know what they were thinking with Don't Say Love knowing that she had stronger and better material.

I couldn't put my finger on it until listening on repeat for like 10 times, but she sounds a lot like Tinashe on this

Not surprised by the amount of streams at all. This is performing terribly with the playlist support however when we saw no radio support instantly I knew there was no chance. 

Outside of her fanbase no one is caring about Leigh anymore and it's because of the huge gap from My Love and the subpar performances that happened last year. Icing on the cake is the EP being dragged out. 

I love her material, will support Leigh but she needs to either change her expectations or realise that she'll not be able to reach any similar height that LM did solo and be happy with a smaller following and a few intimate gigs every now and then. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.