Shakira wasted all her hype

vuelve88

Imagine performing at the Super Bowl, VMAs, Latin Grammys, getting 2 global hits, getting a huge statue unveiled in your home county -- and still deciding to delay your album and tour. :rip: 

And the next single is probably going to be some random collab with a C-list Latin artist intended to promote Sony Music's roster. :deadbanana2:

I'm a huge Taylor fan, and her album announcement really underscored how Shakira lets opportunities pass her by all the time. With a record label like Interscope or Republic, they would have taken advantage of all these moments instead of letting Shakira delay everything. 

• Like 1

Yes Shakira is over due for a hits tour ! 

I’m also someone who prefers albums instead of singles and i really don’t understand what Shakira is doing but i love her and respect her. 

maybe she just wants to have fun but doesnt want to commit to a long term engagement :deadbanana2:

Yes, sadly. It's been a year since the Bizarrap Session gave her another top 10 hit and she wasted it

well she did have 2 latin smash hits DECADES into her career, she's more than fine. 

she ruined her entire momentum with so called ''inspiration'' and that songs and ideas kept popping up and whatnot... this album will flop and she will have it coming, she learned nothing from Karol G who did a better job at capitalizing on Shakira's break up and the massive exposure it brought her and managed to get a #1 album out of it. Something Shakira was bound to get had she not delayed everything for a damn album(playlist). The rumor about two albums coming better be true. 

Not everyone cares or thinks about Albums

Lots of artists are just singles artists which is fine

Albums have become more of a thing of artists like Taylor or Drake

Even the Weeknd who was a huge album seller has become more of a singles act and it’s the most streamed artist WW

• Confused 1

she's as big as ever with the gp, that's what matters. im actually a fan of droplets eras. the music is always fun and low commitment.

The woman has been doing the bare minimum artistically for over a decade, where's the surprise exactly ? :toofunny2: At the end of the day she'll drop another long awaited collaboration playlist with 4 unreleased songs, almost 10 years since her last "album".

We've been accustomed to expect absolutely nothing but 2018 reggeaton features with music videos directed by the Iguana dude and low budget rehashed tour performances  :coffee2:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

That’s true but I feel like she doesn’t care.

When was El Dorado? 2017? It’s 6-7 years now even before all the pique drama. She could have easliy release 2-3 albums.

But on the other hand: Shakira has shown in last years that she is a streaming monster, able to chart with anything and I doubt her new album will flop. But yeah the huge hype is gone so far

shakira is not an album girl anymore, she’ll put out another glorified playlist with all her little quick singles from the past two years and call it a day :coffee2:

She should have just retired already, everything she did after TQG has just been embarrassing. Or maybe it's better if they lock her up for her crimes, that could at least give her some inspiration.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 4

its sad that she is content just being afo verdes payola and pooping out playlists of random collabs

14 minutes ago, EtherealCat said:

its sad that she is content just being afo verdes payola and pooping out playlists of random collabs

I agree. That was sad when Afo Verde revealed that Sony Latin Music's overall label strategy was just using Shakira to promote their smaller artists internationally. It's like she doesn't recognize that she's a legend that could be releasing her own music with her own vision. So even though she's taking years being a "perfectionist", we are still going to get songs with random losers, because she can't say "no". 

The most frustrating thing is the fact that she won't even announce tour dates. I don't necessarily need a full album, but I wanna see her live. 

It’s quite sad at this point. I was watching the Grammys everybody working having their moment.

Everybody booked and busy promos you name it and what do we get? an announcement from Afo verse basically throwing it in our face that she’s being used to bump their newbies or has beens.

two people I can’t stand Jaume de la iguana and afo verde.

if you don’t wanna put out an album fine you’re a singles artist and streaming giant that’s where you make your $ we get it….but where the F*ck is the tour ? People would love a nostalgia tour greatest hits? Whenever wherever waka waka HDL aloneeee

Edited by GeeDuval

You just need a hit every now and then, which she can get pretty easily it seems.

Not everyone is good at/feels like making full length albums and whatnot :coffee2:

Monotonia dropping less than 24hs before Midnights when its release date was known for MONTHS, prevented it from a top 10 peak on Global Spotify.

Copa Vacia being released as a generic nonevent after 5 hit singles about her life situation.

El Jefe being announced on some random backstage interview that no one watched while she was getting the biggest honor at the same award show the interview was done at.

And now months of silence for no reason whatsoever.

Its disgusting how mismanaged she is!

• Like 1

She doesn't seem to care at all, so I'm not sure that "waste" is the right word tbh. She's only been releasing droplets for many years now, and she's quite successful with it. Tbh I'm more surprised that, in the streaming era, she's the only major artist implementing the "droplets only, no albums" strategy

• Like 1

Perhaps her separation and her dad being sick changed her plans. She’s a mom first then being a daughter second… then her career comes third.  

2 hours ago, GeeDuval said:

two people I can’t stand Jaume de la iguana and afo verde.

Yeah. Jaume sucks. Every time she gets a hit with a video that's not directed by Jaume (Bzrp Session 53 and TQG), she rushes back to Jaume for one of his dull, zoomed in videos. That Copa Vacia "movie" that was just her sitting and looking bored for the entire video. :rip:

If his videos were good, other artists would hire him, but nobody does. :bibliahh:

Edited by vuelve88

10 minutes ago, vuelve88 said:

Yeah. Jaume sucks. Every time she gets a hit with a video that's not directed by Jaume (Bzrp Session 53 and TQG), she rushes back to Jaume for one of his dull, zoomed in videos. That Copa Vacia "movie" that was just her sitting and looking bored for the entire video. :rip:

If his videos were good, other artists would hire him, but nobody does. :bibliahh:

NO and Don’t Bother are the exception though.

she worked with Madonna’s former Tour director for El Dorado and she still called that Rat for “creative input” :gaycat6:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.