HBO Drops ‘White Lotus’ Actor Milos Bikovic Who Was Criticized by Ukraine

Skyesey

So wait.. people who r Russian arent allowed anything now? Like what if your russian and dont support the war

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 10

6 minutes ago, X~MoviePoP said:

So wait.. people who r Russian arent allowed anything now? Like what if your russian and dont support the war

that's not the point, he did show support to the invasion of ukraine at some point 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 6

I never liked him. He's so full of himself when it's clear that he's being pushed by the Serbian and Russian governments.

7 minutes ago, X~MoviePoP said:

He's a Serbian who works in Russia and openly supports the war.

He wrote in response how his country was bombed and how he grew up in wartime conditions. That is true, and he did not deserve that. But, why do you support other countries being bombed and other children growing up like you did?

I guess that it is wrong to cancel everyone based on their beliefs and not give them a chance to grow, but The White Lotus has a clear social critique, so it wouldn't be right to cast him. And there are many talented Serbian/East European and even Russian (that don't support the war) actors that could do the job. He's not the only one. 

21 minutes ago, X~MoviePoP said:

1) He’s Serbian; 2) he is a prominent Serbian putin supporter who explicitly refused to condemn the invasion. 

I saw his response that he grew up during war :rip:

Like girl, the NATO bombings lasted as long as a sneeze while his country was terrorizing its neighbours for four bloody years. The complete lack of self awareness on top with supporting Russia. 

Be a fool and live with the outcome 

• Thanks 4

Good. The Ukrainian Twitter managed to get that genocide-supporting filth fired. A great job:clap3:His career is now pretty much over, so he will back to starring in Serbian pro-genocide movies instead of hit HBO shows. 

Stream Houdini by Dua Lipa to rile up more pro-genocide Serbs. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ontherocks said:

I saw his response that he grew up during war :rip:

Like girl, the NATO bombings lasted as long as a sneeze while his country was terrorizing its neighbours for four bloody years. The complete lack of self awareness on top with supporting Russia. 

Be a fool and live with the outcome 

Exactly. The NATO campaign was completely justified considering the horrific war crimes that Serbs committed. It was supported even by leftist leaders like Bernie Sanders. It’s funny how both Serbs and russians like to play the victim after committing war crimes. Not to mention that NATO troops were actually greeted like liberators, and Clinton is a God-like figure in extremely pro-U.S. Kosovo.

I know that not all Serbs are like that, but this fool and Djokovic are insufferable. 

10 minutes ago, playwithme said:

Exactly. The NATO campaign was completely justified considering the horrific war crimes that Serbs committed. It was supported even by leftist leaders like Bernie Sanders. It’s funny how both Serbs and russians like to play the victim after committing war crimes. Not to mention that NATO troops were actually greeted like liberators, and Clinton is a God-like figure in extremely pro-U.S. Kosovo.

I know that not all Serbs are like that, but this fool and Djokovic are insufferable. 

Serbia's political climate has taken a deep dive towards the far right in recent years with conspiracy theories openly discussed in the public. Unfortunately, they only back down when defeated by military actions. 

Most ppl don't understand their mindset and them victimizing themselves. And the russian and serbian attempts to destabilize the Balkan region are going on for years, too 

As a Russian I support this :clap3: **** his Putin-loving ass, piece of ****

• Like 4

Wait, He’s hot 

Edited by What_A_Mess
  • Like 3
  • Thumbs Down 3

Hopefully they cast Croatian or Albanian actor in his place or Ukranian or anti-war Russian :clap3:

it's what he deserves :nicole:

good. Now he can play Stalin or SMTH

Edited by Raptus
  • Thumbs Down 1

2 hours ago, X~MoviePoP said:

Go to the Red square and protest?  

• Thumbs Down 3

A company in the said free world firing someone due to wrongthink and pressure from a foreign government. Ok.

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Down 2

Good riddance! Hollywood needs to ban pro-Putin actors from getting any work. 

• Thanks 1

Good, if he has been on record for supporting Russia so the facts are out there.

HOWEVER, I have noticed that Ukrainians online have been acting very entitled on such trivial things and demanding the complete ostracisation of ethnic Russians from international spaces which is rubbing me the wrong way, especially when it is unknown whether that person supports the war OR has even been vocal against the war.

Two examples:

- Last year's Eurovision song from the Czech Republic. It was a girl band with a cutesy song about unity and it has a very clear pro-Ukraine message and very obvious jab at Russia. But one of the band members was an ethnic Russian. Not even the vocalist but the keyboard player or something. Ukrainian Eurovision fans went rabid with harrassment and demanding of disqualification. 

- Season 16 of Drag Race has a queen of Russian descent (Plane Jane :rip:). Open any Instagram post by the drag race account with Plane Jane in it and you'll see some bitter people calling her a terrorist, coloniser and how drag race is wrong for platforming a performer whose brand is Russian or whatever (we're 5 episodes in the season and so far Plane Jane has done or performed anything related to Russian culture). Mind you, she's from Boston. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/C0hMH7NOMj4/?hl=en

https://www.instagram.com/p/C0hMH7NOMj4/?hl=en

Edited by Pendulum

5 hours ago, Orsay said:

That’s all good and fine, but the hypocrisy of Hollywood and the US gvmt for that matter is so laughable. Genocide only offends them when it’s being committed by their geopolitical rivals

Pathetic part is several of the members in this thread applauding this are the same trash who don’t believe Israel is committing a genocide (and tacitly endorse the murder of Palestinian ppl) :cm:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Raptus said:

Go to the Red square and protest?  

and get 15 years in jail? stfu girl

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Wish they had that same energy for celebrities who went around saying Zionism is sexy. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, playwithme said:

Unfortunately a worrying amount of people in serbia view that as the biggest injustice that ever happened to anybody. As if Nato woke up one day and randomly started doing **** to that poor country unprovoked. And the current government / biggest party is only pushing more of that propaganda.

Anyway, I'm surprised this guy got even casted lmao 

• Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.