Usher f/ Pheelz - "Ruin"

crf13

well, I wish him luck 

Not him using women as props that he can shut on or off at the snap of a finger :rip:

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 4

His team is so terrible!!!!

He needs a Yeah! And OMG style smash

they releasing BOO BOO!!

I'm terrified for the rest of the songs if they put this out right before superbowl!

50 minutes ago, Twixters said:

they releasing BOO BOO!!

The constant “we want another OMG” comments needs to be checked with reality. It’s not going to happen. He’s an independent artist who’s doing what he wants. Not what a record label thinks would be best for him. Mind you, OMG alienated a huge part of his base. 

And Yeah! wasn’t even supposed to make the cut of Confessions. It was a leak that grew organically in clubs and radio stations to the point where he and his team had no choice but to hold off on releasing “Burn,” and push “Yeah!” 

This isnt good. The superbowl is 2 weeks away you would think they would release something better to draw in hype.

Edited by popstyle

2 hours ago, Twixters said:

they releasing BOO BOO!!

I think is great he’s releasing r&b music and nothing like omg again 

• Like 2

Ok...so my sentiment sits somewhere between what y'all are saying. 

He's smart to be anchoring himself so directly in R&B. Dare I say even AC R&B. It washes away some of the "Usher went EDM" ish that has clouded him since 2010. 

At the same time, he needs/needed to drop something with more umph and urgency heading into the Super Bowl if he really wants to seize the moment and the hype for new music. 

I have no doubts he will slay Halftime, but I'm starting to worry that it will be a "contained' moment and not really benefit the music in the way it can.

Wondering aloud whether he will drop multiple videos between now and Halftime, maybe right after. Will help his first week streams and give him a nice pool of content for curiosity spill from Halftime.

THIS is the title track, which sounds a little more aligned with what I'd expect him to drop heading into Halftime:

12 hours ago, Cbreezy said:

He's smart to be anchoring himself so directly in R&B. Dare I say even AC R&B.

I wish that was what he was doing … but now he’s just hopping from trend to trend. First it was the Standing Next to You Remix and now he’s put out an Afrobeats song… I’m hoping there’s some actual R&B on the record.

Y'all ok? This is so good :jonny:I didn't expect him to pull off afrobeats so well, the vocal is so pretty :smitten:

It's making me more excited for the album

• Like 1

the music video :jonny6: ahhh I'm so in love

I knew he could deliver way better stuff than that mediocre Boyfriend bs

This is great! LOVE the lane he's been crafting sonically. This will no doubt be a huge urban radio smash. This will definitely reach its intended general audience by summer if pushed. 

3 hours ago, justinxx said:

I wish that was what he was doing … but now he’s just hopping from trend to trend. First it was the Standing Next to You Remix and now he’s put out an Afrobeats song… I’m hoping there’s some actual R&B on the record.

I hear you and to be (totally) honest, I'm slyly kinda concerned that he touted this whole "Coming Home" as being more about R&B and ATL sound (peach on cover) and yet this is Afrobeats, the title track seems to follow-suit a lil, and that Jung Kook track is outright Pop. 

Luckily (ish) for him, he's still rebuilding musically (compared to say a Beyonce, who folk hold to a particular standard). So I don't think he'll get too much drama if the album is a jukebox of sounds (so long as its not EDM). 

Love the main line & lyric, that "ruin me for everybodyyy" 2x. So smooth and warm and instantly catchy. And I LOVE Pheelz verse. But there's really not much else there and he could have kept the belting and the adlibs. It's a good song though.

I hear Brandy on this btw. 

• Like 1

This is cute/solid. He should’ve released something that hit a little harder ahead of the Super Bowl, but maybe they’re saving that kind of song for album release week? :ducky:

song is amazing, 10/10, its also on trend

i just hate the video, ill pretend i didnt see it:clack:

I love this song so much.

spacer.png

Great song !

The MV is really cool too !

But, I was wondering, why is he called "USHER" and not "Usher"

I hate those capital letters stylized artist names

I have grown to like the song more. His is voice is heavenly on this song. 

Can't believe the MV is shot on the next Iphone. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.