No Doubt won't tour because Gwen will be promoting new solo music in the summer

memo90061

The No Doubt reunion, largely negotiated in late December and early January, would turn out to be easier and more straightforward than Sublime and the Talking Heads.

It was Tollett who initiated talks with Stefani’s manager, Irving Azoff, about the idea. The discussion with bandmates dragged out longer than expected as talks delved into band business outside of the reunion, but eventually, the group agreed to reunite in large part because of its long relationship with Goldenvoice, who promoted some of the band’s first shows. The $10 million payday would be significant for bandmates Adrian Young, Tony Kanal and Tom Dumont, whose current band, DREAMCAR, is led by AFI singer Davy Havoc and booked to play Goldenvoice’s Cruel World festival in May.

For her part, Stefani was already booked to play Cali Vibes in February when she agreed to play Coachella. A source close to Stefani tells Billboard not to expect a major No Doubt tour to follow the one-time reunion set, as she already has plans in place for the second half of the year to promote new solo music she plans to release this summer.

Source: https://billboard.com/business/touring/coachella-wanted-talking-heads-reunion-1235593270/

Ah yes because another Slow Clap was exactly what people wanted 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 8

No one cares for your solo sis. 

Baby don't lie was her last good track 

HUH :huh:  why would... I... talk about a waste of an opportunity :rip: now she wants to deliver solo music?? Gwen, sis...  :deadbanana4:

Let's hope for a proper era, not just another one-off single. I saw her live last year and she was great, I can't wait!

Edited by xokuba
  • Thanks 2

So she’s JT’ing for her next era I see 👀

• Like 1

Oh great, more trash to litter her once amazing solo discography.

well at least old navy's marketing team will be here for it

Oh, the guys definitely hate her :rip:

• Haha 1

I wish she would do both. Release new music and go on tour with No Doubt. lol

we don't care about the trash you've been putting out since 2014 sis, hang it up :gaycat6:

Disappointing, but hopefully they will feel the spark again like they did from the 2009 shows and decide to get back in the studio :weeps: :heart2: 

• Thanks 1

• ATRL Moderator

Damn. The last No Doubt reunion tour was so much fun. One of my favorite concert experiences.

• Thanks 3

gwen you will flop. stop making this stupid music that you're doing. waste of money 

ready for her solo :clap3:

No one is here for her solo music. The excitement around the No Doubt reunion tells you everything you need to know.

I listen to What You Waiting For? a lot and wish she would bring that kind of charisma back to her music.

• Like 1

She’s tried to launch a new solo era what… like 3 times so far? I think pausing it to see where this opportunity leads may be wise.

Meh. 

I still think a tour next year (Tragic Kingdom 30th anniversary) isn't unrealistic, but new No Doubt music was never going to happen, let's be real. If it took this much time and effort (and money) to get them to play a one-off show, there's no way they are ever going to end up in a studio together ever again. Sometimes people grow apart, that's just life. Let's be glad they're on speaking terms again and hope they might do more shows in the future.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.