• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Devin

• cat1867

• MEGA

• Dr. Alexander

Who are the artist under umg that big names? Could this effect there streaming? 

Edited by Happylittlepunk

3 minutes ago, Happylittlepunk said:

i believe Taylor, Bieber, BTS, Billie, Kanye, Bad Bunny, Gaga, Drake, Ariana, SZA, etc.

1 minute ago, Happylittlepunk said:

Who are the artist under umg that big names?

Taylor and Lana :rip:

But since both own their masters I'm not sure if they're included in that

1 minute ago, Happylittlepunk said:

They own 37.5% of the music industry. Some artists there are Gaga, Taylor, Billie, Madonna, Ariana or Rihanna.

I literally don't know how the artists are putting up with this lol like TikTok IS the main form of promo rn

• Like 3

Just now, Miracle said:

They own 37.5% of the music industry. Some artists there are Gaga, Taylor, Billie, Madonna, Ariana or Rihanna.

I literally don't know how the artists are putting up with this lol like TikTok IS the main form of promo rn

Oh no! 
:psyduck:

2 minutes ago, Devin said:

i believe Taylor, Bieber, BTS, Billie, Kanye, etc.

Ariana, Weeknd, Drake, Nicki, Morgan Wallen... This would be huge news if true so I bet it won't happen.

Omg no how else is right where you left me supposed to go viral?

• Haha 6

mess…

rihannafan

Rihannas music was never on there so meh

It’s bad enough when I can’t play my faves through my Spotify on Grindr.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

i feel like this is gonna harm UMG more than itll harm tiktok - very much agree on the side about how tiktok treats their artists/compensation (and how it should very much be improved) - but i dont see tiktok backing out of this and suddenly compromising

• Like 10

4 minutes ago, BrokenMachine said:

Taylor and Lana :rip:

But since both own their masters I'm not sure if they're included in that

Do you think those who own their masters would be able to keep their music there? Out of the artists cited, I know Rihanna and The Weeknd also own theirs. I'm not knowledgeable on the matter, so I don't know the details and implications of this development.

Absolutely shocking announcement regardless. 

1 minute ago, rihannafan said:

this upsets me bc Rih couldve had about 10 deep cuts go viral. :toofunny2:

• Like 2

I don’t think it’ll harm artists such as Taylor, Ariana etc they really don’t need Tik Tok even if some of their songs got pushed due to Tik Tok. 
But for the less known artists from UMG it’ll be tough 

Perched this is big

But they'd be more succesful if they have Sony and Warner with them

2 minutes ago, Moonlight Nation said:

Do you think those who own their masters would be able to keep their music there? Out of the artists cited, I know Rihanna and The Weeknd also own theirs. I'm not knowledgeable on the matter, so I don't know the details and implications of this development.

Absolutely shocking announcement regardless. 

No. Because while they own their masters, they don't distribute the music there directly. UMG does. They'll have to find another partner to republish their music on TikTok. And the possibility of doing that depends on their agreement with UMG (or they can forfeit their deal for a massive fee, so they can exit).

• Like 1

Dr. Alexander
4 minutes ago, VenusFlyTrap said:

i feel like this is gonna harm UMG more than itll harm tiktok - very much agree on the side about how tiktok treats their artists/compensation (and how it should very much be improved) - but i dont see tiktok backing out of this and suddenly compromising

Do you honestly think one social media app is going to hurt a multi-billion dollar publishing company that was incredibly successful before TikTok was even thought of?

• Like 2

I wonder since Taylor owns her catalog from Lover on and the re-recordings she can make her own deal? Tricky. This will effect a lot of the industry tbh

14 minutes ago, Devin said:

i believe Taylor, Bieber, BTS, Billie, Kanye, Bad Bunny, Gaga, Drake, Ariana, SZA, etc.

Bad Bunny is independent SZA is on Sony Music

13 minutes ago, Miracle said:

Madonna's Interscope albums (MDNA, Rebel Heart, Madame X) are UMG releases. Everything else is WMG

Halsey's Sony Music tiktok smash is SAFE :hippo:

@Reverse Warholian

Edited by lillavend3r
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, rihannafan said:

Seriously? Granted, I don't have TikTok, but from following fan updates and YouTube compilations of viral audios it seemed like the likes of "Breakin' Dishes", "If It’s Lovin’ That You Want", "Woo", "Where Have You Been", "Nobody's Business", and "Loveeeeeee Song" were all seemingly getting attention and growing presence on the platform. I suppose this was done through unauthorized audios...but still... so confused right now.

as they should

Tiktok obviously uses lots of loopholes 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.