In a Violent Nature | Slasher movie shot from killer's POV | May 31 | 87% RT

Gossip_Boy

MV5BY2E1MzE5YmQtYmEyMS00YjljLTkyMjktNGM4

Edited by Gossip_Boy

Love the concept and the teaser! :duca:

It's giving Zodiac crossed with Friday the 13th :duca:

A killer's POV was done before really well in the movie Maniac starring Elijah Wood

cautiously excited 

• 1 month later...

• 1 month later...

neeeeeed to see this so bad but I'm gonna have to wait until it hits digital :'( I doubt they'll be showing it here

• 1 month later...

The final act was such a letdown...

Terrible terrible pacing...

Great gore though...

:/

was looking forward to this, but what was that?

Spoiler

The kills were nicely done, a fest for gorehouds... beautiful nature shots, beauitful gowns... but what was that acting? And the pacing was off at too many moments (those awkward pauses before attacks or kills, like the "main", I guess, sniffing (?) the blood on the ground for a good minute or the yoga chick just waiting to being turned into a pretzel). And did we really need that overly drawn-out Mike-Flanagan-esque monologue at the end? 

It was such a good premise and format and idea, but what a wasted opportunity to make something grand and unique.

16 hours ago, genetic fail said:

The final act was such a letdown...

Terrible terrible pacing...

Great gore though...

The final act totally ruined it. This whole movie made me really appreciate what the Friday the 13th franchise did so well. 

I'm halfway through and idk, i don't get the hype.

Spoiler

It was supposed to be the POV of the killer, but they just change it when it's more convenient. And it doesn't make sense that we can hear to dialogues so clearly, when the killer is so far away. The one kill was cool, but it's also so obviously fake. You can clearly see that it's a doll. 

• Thanks 2

Saw this in theaters a few weeks ago. The idea is fantastic but the execution is super uneven and bends the concept whenever it would make things easier for the film. And the fact that they shoved in so many horror tropes when the entire point of the film felt like it was the subversion of them was pretty puzzling imo. Still, an interesting watch. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.