AI Now Able To Make Decent Song From Scratch

Saintlor

Obviously, it's not a song anyone would choose to listen to, but imagine how good this will be in the future?

Will we ever be able to trust songwriting/producing credits? We barely can these days already

Edited by Saintlor

Our faves are not ready for Miss Sophia

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I hope we’re soon able to spread technology that allows for somewhat reliable proof of some sort that a human has made a given piece of art, music or otherwise.

Hearing this, I think it’s clear that even if you’re the kind of person who doesn’t object to AI consuming creative outlets while doing little to help our actual daily lives, you’ll still need a human in the loop to ensure that a track isn’t just… incredibly generic. After all, large AI models tend toward broad patterns and likely outcomes.

I think that’s what makes it hard for me to understand why people would enjoy material like this. It’s just completely average - even literally, statistically average for whatever prompts were used. So who made it? Whose genuine lived experience influenced this? Not a single soul.

• Like 1

nothing AI makes is from scratch lol

• Like 5

Cameltoe Chariot

This sucks though :biblio: it's giving H&M change room

• ATRL Moderator

Title: "decent song"

OP: "Obviously, it's not a song anyone would choose to listen to"

:redface:

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Cruel Summer said:

I hope we’re soon able to spread technology that allows for somewhat reliable proof of some sort that a human has made a given piece of art, music or otherwise.

Hearing this, I think it’s clear that even if you’re the kind of person who doesn’t object to AI consuming creative outlets while doing little to help our actual daily lives, you’ll still need a human in the loop to ensure that a track isn’t just… incredibly generic. After all, large AI models tend toward broad patterns and likely outcomes.

I think that’s what makes it hard for me to understand why people would enjoy material like this. It’s just completely average - even literally, statistically average for whatever prompts were used. So who made it? Whose genuine lived experience influenced this? Not a single soul.

Honestly, I love Max Martin's work he does for singers and I love Taylor's work, but I would consider their art to be very paint by the numbers.

For example, if you asked a future AI to make a Taylor Swift song, a song like S**t! would be made 

Edited by Saintlor

AI will give us the dark RedOne pop bops Gaga has been withholding since 2011. 

Gaga-blows-kiss.gif

AI getting a Grammy before Nicki :gaynetcat2:

• Haha 1

yeahhhh as a songwriter/producer this is horrifying… why can’t they focus on making AI do functional tasks instead of creative ones? 

Something is so wrong with this world. I will always find it off-putting how these people are fine (some eager) with replacing our creatives or making their lives harder than it already is. AI/Technology should be used to make our lives easier, so that we don't have to sacrifice our passion & mental health because our desires wouldn't pay the bills. 

it's not bad.  Sounds like something you'd hear on BPM on SiriusFM while cruising on the highway.  It's good background music.

This has been around for around like a year and no one cares

I used it and the tracks are incredibly generic and hace absolutely zero substance 

I know people are like 1-2 years they will do

But AI is nothing but mathematical models that imitate human emotion

They might never have a feeling attached 

I do think producers and actual musicians will benefit 

Edited by Trent W

16 minutes ago, WildOne said:

yeahhhh as a songwriter/producer this is horrifying… why can’t they focus on making AI do functional tasks instead of creative ones? 

I think the same, it’s horrible.

AI should be used only for stuff like accounting o customer service

Stuff that no human wants to do

It’s extremely suspicious why creative is the first area they targeted with AI

AI is King! :1stplace:

• Thumbs Down 1

This is not a good thing at all, what the hell :deadbanana4:

31 minutes ago, Trent W said:

I think the same, it’s horrible.

AI should be used only for stuff like accounting o customer service

Stuff that no human wants to do

It’s extremely suspicious why creative is the first area they targeted with AI

Because if there is no creative aspect, it's just a computer program that works like any other computer program, following the coded process it is given. What makes AI programs truly intelligence is the ability to expand beyond the coded processes. This requires creativity.

8 minutes ago, chessguy99 said:

Because if there is no creative aspect, it's just a computer program that works like any other computer program, following the coded process it is given. What makes AI programs truly intelligence is the ability to expand beyond the coded processes. This requires creativity.

Makes sense

It still needs to come up with stuff, so far it’s just imitation of human.

Everything so far is just a replica of other’s people work

This just makes me want to exclusively listen to music from before the 2020s 

electronic music is SCREWED

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.