I'm in a throuple

Oktober Knight

Hey, it’s not for me, not for all of us, but if it feels right and it’s working, go for it! Yeah, maybe there’s a chance it’ll fizzle out and not work, but the same could be said for literally any relationship. More power to you!

• Like 1

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Oktober Knight

• spree

• John Slayne

• JoeAg

if that makes all three of you happy then go for it! Monogamous relationships (at least between two people) are not for everybody and honestly a little unrealistic. 

You can have a partner you love more than anything in the world, find them super attractive and have great sex with them but sometimes your body/brain crave something else. Either connection with someone else or just some sex fantasy. And I think it's healthy to pursue those urges (of course while being honest and open about it) because it usually leads to strengthen your own relationship.

Now the only thing I wanna make shady comments about your story is...

You said your husband mainly like young twinks but you guys are dating a young bear? (I mean good for him and evolving his taste). Also you called your husband vanilla but then also called him dominant, which one is it!? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Thumbs Down 2

As long as it’s positive and not messy than good for you. 

• Thanks 1

You do you babes x whatever feels right for you, if you’re not hurting anybody not causing harm to yourself, then explore your sexuality how you see fit 

• Thanks 1

All these comments about somebody getting "phased out" as if most normal relationships don't suffer that fate too :snowball:

OT: As long as youre all happy and as long as the young one converts you into a Gaga stan

Edited by Sheep
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

A ticking bomb

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Is the third allowed to

openly date?

I feel like he will eventually find a partner of his own but as long as it works for now! 

• Like 1

Good for you 

life is too short :clap3:

• Like 1

Grindr is the worst place to meet a partner. This is for sure doomed from the start and someone will be phased out.

Edited by Tudors
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

It seems like you came here looking for validation otherwhise you would just enjoy it. 

Which means that either you still haven't accepted your kinks or you think this may become problematic. I would do some self reflect

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1

Good Luck!

Always wanted to try one, with a girl and a guy

But there’s not a lot of people open, I’m also too picky to like 2 people at the same time.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

53 minutes ago, brooklyndaddy said:

You do you but may I ask why you are spelling it “boi”? Is this some special term different than the correct spelling? 

He's an Avril Lavigne fan :thing:

• Haha 4

If it works for you then your happiness is all that matters :heart:

I will say...managing the dynamic of a monogamous couple relationship is challenging enough that an entire couples therapy industry has been built on it. Adding a third person with their own thoughts, feelings, desires, and emotions makes it exponentially harder. I've never personally seen a throuple survive long term. But I hope to hear positive updates on your relationship!

• Thanks 1

• ATRL Moderator

It sounds like the three of you care deeply for one another and have fostered an environment of communication which is great!

Sometimes I envy people who have such security in themselves and their partners to have arrangements like this but unfortunately I don’t think I’d be able to. Enjoy this, though! It sounds like a pretty great situation :jamming:

• Thanks 1

what is it with gays and open relationships?

1 minute ago, brenda-walsh said:

what is it with gays and open relationships?

Maybe it's your personal bubble :sorry: Open relationships and partner sharing/cuckoldry are even more common among straights

• Thanks 1

''my little kinky pig boi'' took me out :dies: one of the 3 of u is going to die, mmw

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Sheep said:

All these comments about somebody getting "phased out" as if most normal relationships don't suffer that fate too :snowball:

2 hours ago, Oktober Knight said:

I've been with my husband for 9 years

IR4H.gif

7 minutes ago, #Beautiful said:

IR4H.gif

Yes they're already beating the odds. 

I wouldn't ever get into any type of poly relationship myself but the way people forget that normal relationships have different versions of all the same problems gives blanket hating on anything that's different or beyond their understanding. It doesn't take a 3rd person for 2 people to drift apart(not that this is happening here) and often times a trifling 3rd person does that anyway in a monogamous couple(not that anybody in this situation is trifling). The supposed issues here by certain users aren't unique to throuples.

IR4H.gif

Edited by Sheep
  • Like 1

Well with more i go on relationships more i get the fact that the relationship don't need to last forever to be great. It can be great while it lasts and u're already with this man for 9 years! I said that cuz the reality is that: it can get messy.

But u know what? it ALWAYS can get messy 

If it feels right, if it makes the 3 of u happy, enjoy it. Just live it. 

have ur sex, cuddle, be exclusive ('just' the 3 of u) and see where it goes. 

it's not for me but life is made for us to explore, it's cliche but we only live once. 

• Thanks 1

Good for you.

I always feel kind of concerned for the person who joins a relationship with a couple, specially when they are together for 9 years cause you know... they have a history together and the third is just a newcomer but if it works, it works. Enjoy your men :clap3:

• Thanks 1

Some people will share almost anything with strangers on the Internet, but there are things you should keep to yourself.

Oh God Reaction GIF

“My boi”

Judge Judy Reaction GIF

Edited by LSD
  • Haha 8

Godspeed. I could never bring myself to be involved in such a situation.

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.