STOP IT with the (Insert Act) During (Artist) Concert Threads

20 years ago today. Winx Club premiered in Italy and globally days later.

Odette Violet

Original Italian: 

Happy 20th Birthday to one of the biggest magical girl properties in the world that brought peak y2k, hyperfeminity and diversity in an era that lacks of it  :gaycat4:

Winx Club Winx Club Magical Adventure GIF - Winx Club Winx Club Magical Adventure Magical Adventure GIFs

Edited by Odette Violet
  • Thanks 4

culture reset

• Like 2

Ahhh I used to love them 

• Like 2

happy birthday to my mothers :jonny6:

Edited by katyberry
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, Mandalore said:

Lives were changed :katie2:

Birthed thee gays. One of the biggest serve and gaggery in Herstory of television  :clap3:

Believix is my sentimental favourite tho :flame:

Edited by Odette Violet
  • Like 2

The creator knows what they're doing :clap3:

Magic GIF - Magic GIFs

• Like 1

gay lives were changed on that day :gaycat3:

Enchantix>>>>>>

• Like 1

ICONS ICONS ICONS! Italian exellence!

their influence in culture, especially in Europe mid 2000s to early 2010s, is really under-appreciated. 

Watched this compilation made by a fan today and got sentimental:

• Like 2

On 1/28/2024 at 2:09 PM, Odette Violet said:

The creator knows what they're doing :clap3:

Magic GIF - Magic GIFs

In all honesty did the casting for the real life adaptation bother anyone else as much as it did me? How are you gonna come for the original and say that it promoted unhealthy and unrealistic beauty standards yet white washed the entire cast to look like depressed women in a property that celebrities woman for both their beauty and power. Make it make sense.

On 1/28/2024 at 12:57 PM, Odette Violet said:

Original Italian: 

Happy 20th Birthday to one of the biggest magical girl properties in the world that brought peak y2k, hyperfeminity and diversity in an era that lacks of it  :gaycat4:

Winx Club Winx Club Magical Adventure GIF - Winx Club Winx Club Magical Adventure Magical Adventure GIFs

Was it really that hard for Netflix to serve is a proper live action? Bad ******* that serves looks, fly, magic etc and they still botched it? 

Just like the originals were based on popular popstars of the time the casting for the live action should've reflected that as well or at least singer/actress

Bloom - Bella Thorne, Abigail Cowen, Katherine McNamara,

Madelaine Petsch

Stella - Bridgit Mendler, Sabrina Carpenter, Olivia Holt, Lily Rose Depp

Flora - Rachel Zegler, Danna Paola, Selena Gomez, Alexa Demie, Melissa Barrera, Victoria Justice, Sofia Carson, Becky G, Isabela Merced 

Musa - Jennie Kim, Rina Sawayama, Jisoo 

Tecna - Miranda Cosgrove, Laura Marano, Hunter Schafer

Aisha - Keke Palmer, Chloe Bailey, Zendaya, Tinashe 

• Like 1

I did not hate the Netflix adaptation as much as most, but it shot itself in the foot by claiming Winx when it hardly resembled the source material.  It could've been such a camp show and gay catnip if it had been done right.

My sister and I were obessed with this growing up. Trix were iconic. I just hated the men, they were useless.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Haze said:

I did not hate the Netflix adaptation as much as most, but it shot itself in the foot by claiming Winx when it hardly resembled the source material.  It could've been such a camp show and gay catnip if it had been done right.

My sister and I were obessed with this growing up. Trix were iconic. I just hated the men, they were useless.

They'll try to redeem themselves after the disastrous adaptation in Netflix. Let's hope for the best 

• Like 3

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.