Do French people also hate Parisians?

Raptus

Globally, Parisians are considered to be rude, unpleasant (and smelly :rip:) people. Most tourist have stories of negative encounters with them. So I was wondering if French people that don't live in Paris also hate Parisians?

yes they're considered self-centered and snobbish

they leave Paris in the summer for the beach cities on the western or southern coasts and terrorize the locals there

• Haha 11

doesnt every country feel like the people who live in the capital are a snobbish intolerable elite 

• Like 6

Yeah lol. People always expect me to be bitter/stupid/patronizing because I’m from there :rip:

I read that as Palestinians and I was like "merde" lol

The obsession with parisiens/French overall :deadbanana2: All of because we don’t care about tourists. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Dialamba said:

The obsession with parisiens/French overall :deadbanana2: All of because we don’t care about tourists. 

Well you should as tourists are literally bringing money from their country to yours.

Plus it doesn’t hurt to be a decent human being. :deadbanana:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Comedor said:

Well you should as tourists are literally bringing money from their country to yours.

99% of the time French people are rude because tourists are rude in the first place

perhaps the tourists should be the ones adapting to the country they're visiting? there are very specific politeness rules in France and most of them don't follow that. the alleged "rudeness" of French ppl is just the fact they aren't hypocrite and they'll let you know if you're rude to them, lol

ofc not denying the facts that there really are rude ppl, like everywhere else

Edited by kalli
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 3

56 minutes ago, Comedor said:

I know there are some rude people but lately there are been a surge mostly from American tourists coming for us when their arguments are just cliches and showing entitlement.

The world doesn’t revolve around foreigners. Stop glamorizing Paris in general. While they travel some go to work, have their own issue. Expecting local to be smiley is unrealistic. 

It’s also as if cultural differences don’t exist for tourists it makes sound like rudeness but this is how people live in daily basis. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Gelato said:

doesnt every country feel like the people who live in the capital are a snobbish intolerable elite 

Exactly. :rip: New Yorkers have the same reputation I think.

I'm a very polite person but when I'm in Paris I can't be that polite and nice with all the bad-mannered tourists walking slow as hell, clogging the sidewalks and stopping us locals from getting where we need to get on time. :sorry:

And the smelly thing is just dumb.

• Like 1

I live in France, and yes many of them seem to have an issue with Parisian people.

They find them to be snubs and somehow rude. 

Complaining is a national sport in France :cm:

• Haha 1

No one is denying the bad smelling people allegations, interesting...

:ryan3:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Gelato said:

No? 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Raptus said:

No one is denying the bad smelling people allegations, interesting...

:ryan3:

Maybe because those "allegations" are so offensively stupid that they're not even worth entertaining? :doc:

I don’t hate Parisians. Rude is subjective I would rather have rude than fake nice. And smelly is also subjective you pit sniffers

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Badgalbriel said:

No? 

idk I can just speak as a UK girly where a lot of the rest of the country has a negative attitude towards Londoners 

Often times people hate on Parisians cuz they wanna be them :eddie:

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Gelato said:

idk I can just speak as a UK girly where a lot of the rest of the country has a negative attitude towards Londoners 

But then Londoners hate people from the North :rip:

28 minutes ago, Raptus said:

But then Londoners hate people from the North :rip:

idk if they do really. They might make jokes about their cities and towns being underdeveloped but they don't have the same contempt for them that northerners/scottish/welsh people can have for London

4 hours ago, Dialamba said:

I wouldn’t call that obsession lmao, don’t flatter yourself 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Gelato said:

yuppp, I think so!

• Like 1

I feel like they do. New Yorkers always come to the hotel I work at (the only fancy one in my Midwest city). They always complain about how the restaurants are never as good as in NYC. It’s because they only eat at the fancy ones that suck because they’re too good for amazing diner/international foods. I always recommend an amazing Mexican restaurant and half them get offended by it. Plus their voices are annoying af, you can tell they force those accents hard.

3 hours ago, Stankonia said:

Exactly. :rip: New Yorkers have the same reputation I think.

I'm a very polite person but when I'm in Paris I can't be that polite and nice with all the bad-mannered tourists walking slow as hell, clogging the sidewalks and stopping us locals from getting where we need to get on time. :sorry:

And the smelly thing is just dumb.

New York is not the capital of the US  :juanny:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.