#MeToo backlash+TikTok algorithms causing drastic multi-issue Gen Z gender divisions

Espresso

20 hours ago, Trent W said:

And also ignoring the crazy amount of toxic women in the dating pool is completely insane.

1 hour ago, Happylittlepunk said:

This is not true at all. Look up tik tok and instagram more men are exposing women in the last 4 years for being extremely toxic and abusive. More men are also starting to say no to straight women too in alarming rate now especially in the last 2 years.

Great! But this doesn't negate my point. Men absolutely should avoid toxic girls and demand the best for themselves. However, toxic girls are not being radicalised by right-wing grifters (who tell men to clean their rooms but then also why not hate trans folk and demand your women be subservient as well?).

You will find that feminists are the ones who advocate for mental health initiatives that include men, who promote breaking down traditional roles that lock men (and women) into specific interests. However, if you check out the same Reddit thread on this issue, you'll see the Reddit demo (generally millennial men and above) claiming that this is the work of #MeToo, claiming that men are being demonised, etc.

An empowered woman is scary to weak men. The young straight guys who respect women (and themselves) are actually dating. The older generation would like to convince them that women are too demanding. I think this is the last dying breath of a sexist, homophobic, weak generation of men (who are now getting divorced) who would rather point blame at anyone other than themselves for the mess they're in. They love guys like Tate, Musk, Peterson, etc, because they promote the same values they had growing up, and are happy to poison young men into the same mentality that will leave them alone as they age. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Trent W

• Happylittlepunk

• Communion

• Espresso

• ATRL Moderator
8 hours ago, Happylittlepunk said:

There are biological differences between men and women literally there decades of research of that topic. Men and women do think differently not just at a psychological level but biologically as well. There literally no denying it. 

This claim is impossible to measure. You cannot scientifically demonstrate that biology alone causes men and women to think differently. That’s impossible unless you let isolate humans from society altogether and then perform a study on feral children and that’s so beyond unethical that it cannot be done. So, no, science has not proven this. Any study comparing men and women will inherently be impact by how men and women are socialized. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Khal said:

Lol, are we sure this is happening?

Just in the past year, we have had about three high profile women (i.e. women who through their money and status should be able to secure better men) who are within the age demographic in the graph procreate with obviously shitty men. While three is a small sample size, if women who are in the position to be picky are still ending up with seemingly awful men, then I'm not so sure other women who can't afford to be as picky will end up with "good men" :rip:

I don't think it's relevant what super rich folks who live in a bubble do, lol. I think for normal folks, they will be more picky about who they procreate with, but this speaks to a larger issue of the rising cost of living. Birth rates are falling even in countries with traditional gender roles. 

• ATRL Moderator
18 minutes ago, Trent W said:

Also I love how much people like to ignore how men are still expected to “Man up” and provide for wife and kids while women who now work and married want to keep the money for them and men to keep the family expenses.

There is so many women promoting this ridiculous idea

And again it gets ignored all the time

The only people I see touting the “be a man” and “man up” rhetoric, in addition to the man needing to be the breadwinner, are anti-feminists. It’s the Matt Walsh’s and the Ben Shapiro’s of the world. :rip:

There are valid points to be had about how men are harmed by the patriarchy. But the target of these criticism are so commonly misplaced.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Bloo said:

The only people I see touting the “be a man” and “man up” rhetoric, in addition to the man needing to be the breadwinner, are anti-feminists. It’s the Matt Walsh’s and the Ben Shapiro’s of the world. :rip:

There are valid points to be had about how men are harmed by the patriarchy. But the target of these criticism are so commonly misplaced.

What you are saying is true, but straight women and even gays on this site use a lot that term or similar phrases, men are just expected to suck up whatever is thrown at them.

There is a very large percentage of women that want men to MAN UP and have the privileges of feminism

Which is fine, everyone deserves equal rights

But you can’t want a traditional man if you are a feminist

And a lot, and I mean A LOT want that.

22 minutes ago, elevate said:

Great! But this doesn't negate my point. Men absolutely should avoid toxic girls and demand the best for themselves. However, toxic girls are not being radicalised by right-wing grifters (who tell men to clean their rooms but then also why not hate trans folk and demand your women be subservient as well?).

You will find that feminists are the ones who advocate for mental health initiatives that include men, who promote breaking down traditional roles that lock men (and women) into specific interests. However, if you check out the same Reddit thread on this issue, you'll see the Reddit demo (generally millennial men and above) claiming that this is the work of #MeToo, claiming that men are being demonised, etc.

An empowered woman is scary to weak men. The young straight guys who respect women (and themselves) are actually dating. The older generation would like to convince them that women are too demanding. I think this is the last dying breath of a sexist, homophobic, weak generation of men (who are now getting divorced) who would rather point blame at anyone other than themselves for the mess they're in. They love guys like Tate, Musk, Peterson, etc, because they promote the same values they had growing up, and are happy to poison young men into the same mentality that will leave them alone as they age. 

I agree, toxic women are not being targeted by a political entity 

There is definitely a problem with young man and the icons they are following 

And I also think that this is going to be catastrophic for society in the next decade if it doesn’t get addressed soon

Lonely isolated men in their 30s/40s without education can be extremely dangerous and society is causing this.

• ATRL Moderator
2 hours ago, Trent W said:

What you are saying is true, but straight women and even gays on this site use a lot that term or similar phrases, men are just expected to suck up whatever is thrown at them.

There is a very large percentage of women that want men to MAN UP and have the privileges of feminism

Which is fine, everyone deserves equal rights

But you can’t want a traditional man if you are a feminist

And a lot, and I mean A LOT want that.

Huh? Who said that?

Also, the fact that some women participate and empower patriarchal thinking does not remotely do anything to undo the legitimacy of feminist critique. Not to be rude, but your criticisms seem very disorganized and lack cohesion.

33 minutes ago, Bloo said:

Huh? Who said that?

Also, the fact that some women participate and empower patriarchal thinking does not remotely do anything to undo the legitimacy of feminist critique. Not to be rude, but your criticisms seem very disorganized and lack cohesion.

My critique is against toxic woman using “feminism” to spread non-sense and that the dating pool is a disaster.

Is not against equal rights for women.

Wasn't there another sht "study" that the right were running with from last year also? Yeah, the measurements for this is by and large not looking credible, wasn't for that one and doesn't for this.

The UK is also a mediocre case because they're terf country, they started that whole nonsense against lgbt people in the first place. And no, it wasn't the women who were the transphobes, it was the men(wow! Shocker!)

Honestly glad I'm not straight this is all very weird stuff. Social media is just rotting everyone's brains, especially Tik Tok for younger millenials and gen Z. They fall for whatever they see on there like boomers did for Facebook posts. ._.

What is happening in South Korea 

On 2/1/2024 at 9:48 AM, Badger said:

What is happening in South Korea 

Hyper-capitalist right-wing religious country.

Teenage and young men have always tended more conservative, at that age there’s cultural pressure to conform to macho stereotypes and hyper masculinity. Many will outgrow it, others will take it into adulthood.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.