Rebirth (JLo) vs The Emancipation of Mimi (Mariah)

Josh

Rebirth (JLo) vs The Emancipation of Mimi (Mariah)  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Which album do you prefer?

• Rebirth
    • The Emancipath of Mimi
  2. 2. Better lead single?

• Get Right
    • It's Like That

giphy.gif 

:rip:

J. Lo's reaction to this thread.

set-up-skysantana.gif

Edited by DammnBaby

TEOM by far. Rebirth is J.Lo's worst along with AKA. And "Get Right" (the original version) is so overrated by pop music fans. :biblio:

1 hour ago, Rocket said:

It did give us this though.

1 hour ago, BeenTheShit said:

I have never heard this Remix honestly, but it sounds way better than the album version that was released.

It is better than that cheesy ballad they released. And this official remix of "Get Right" is 100x better than the original; it would have been a bigger hit in the US had they released this originally. The GP hated the annoying saxophone. Not surprised Usher rejected the demo.

@AxelFox @XtiRih @Bloodflowers. @blown away @GrandeVersace @naval23

1 hour ago, folkhoax said:

The one who didn't steal from Amerie.

57 minutes ago, suburbannature said:

Bonus:

We've gone through this multiple times. Nothing was stolen from Amerie.

a) The label wanted "1 Thing" for J.Lo, but Rich Harrison (the producer) refused and wanted Amerie to keep it. Rich Harrison created "Get Right" for J.Lo instead, which the label and her team accepted. Also, the music video for "Get Right" was already filmed by Fall 2004, which is before "1 Thing" was leaked to radio.

b) Rich Harrison created "Get Right" by recycling "Ride," a rejected demo he created with Usher. I'm not sure why J.Lo is being blamed for what Rich Harrison did. Usher did write melodies so he did deserve a credit.

53 minutes ago, alestevens said:

A.K.A is J.Lo's only great albern, so Mariah wins by default

AKA is awful. You've never heard This is Me... Then?

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Inverted said:

It is better than that cheesy ballad they released. And this official remix of "Get Right" is 100x better than the original; it would have been a bigger hit in the US had they released this originally. The GP hated the annoying saxophone. Not surprised Usher rejected the demo.

@AxelFox @XtiRih @Bloodflowers. @blown away @GrandeVersace @naval23

Omg is there a HQ version of this? :jonny5:

The audio in this video is a bit muddy

14 minutes ago, AxelFox said:

See below for the best I could find. Still hasn't been added to streaming. And yes, it's an official mix. It was released to US radio in attempt to save the single because of the poor reaction to the "noise," but it was too late. The song was already out for a bit.

FYI - the title of the videos below are incorrect. It was officially called the Sax Out Mix or the Hip Hop Mix.

There's also the same mix without Fabolous, but it sounds better with him so I don't like this version:

And if you haven't heard it already, this remix of "Hold You Down" is the superior version:

• Thanks 1

It's Like That is my favorite Mariah song, but I have to go with Get Right. :jonny5:

1 hour ago, AxelFox said:

This is her best music video of all time.

3 hours ago, Legend E said:

the talented one

So JLo.

• Haha 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.