U.N. fires 12 staffers accused of planning 10/7 terrorist attack

VOSS

The United Nations on Friday fired 12 of its employees in Gaza and began an investigation after charges by Israel that they had helped plan and participated in the Oct. 7 terrorist assault that left 1,400 Israelis dead or captured. 

The workers, all men and all employed by the U.N. agency that aids Palestinians and known by the acronym UNRWA, are subject to a criminal investigation, two U.N. officials said. 

A U.N. official, briefed on the accusations, called the allegations “extremely serious and horrific.”

Israel, which presented the allegations to the U.N. earlier this week, has previously accused UNRWA, which provides social and education programs in the Gaza Strip, of fueling anti-Israeli incitement. The stunning accusation and the U.N.’s swift reaction, however, contrast with previous U.N. denials of Israeli allegations.

The accusations led to swift action by the United States, one of the agency’s largest donors, which temporarily halted its funding to the organization. UNWRA has been the principal agency overseeing the distribution of aid to Gazans amid a growing humanitarian crisis because of the war launched after the Oct. 7 attack.

Israel and the U.N. have each accused each other of acting in bad faith. The U.N. has accused Israel of slowing the delivery of humanitarian aid to the embattled enclave, and Israel has said the world body has promoted Hamas’s propaganda.

Those allegations, however, are less politically sensitive than the accusation that humanitarian workers could have engaged in an act of terror, which is being taken seriously by the U.N. secretariat, the United States and the European Union, UNRWA’s largest donors.

NYTimes

Anything to distract from Israel being found by the ICJ as possibly committing genocide, coordinated with the White House to the point of both a State Department press release repeating unfounded accusatoons and canceling the prese brief held daily so they cannot be asked about the ICJ. :smiley:

Friendly reminder that Israel is currently blowing up homes in the barren Northern Gaza in the hopes of creating an internationally illegal "buffer zone":

Liberals genuinely think there is some canary in the coal mine they can find to justify 30k dead Palestinians, Israel's genocide, and Biden's enabling of it, but the doubling down to find some evidence of evil innate to Palestinians will only further alienate the very people Western liberals hope to convince that Israel's genocide is virtuous. "LOOK! LOOK AT THESE TELEGRAM SCREENSHOTS OF GAZANS WORKING FOR THE UN CELEBRATING HAMAS BREACHING THE BORDER AND TEXTING EACH OTHER CELEBRATIONS! I BET YOU REGRET SAYING BOMBING HOSPITALS WAS WRONG NOW, HUH??" :smiley:

Edited by Communion
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

in their nicki minaj era :rip:

• Haha 1

Good 👏🏼

(since someone took my comment the wrong way, I meant good that they were fired💀

Edited by GhostBox
  • Thumbs Down 6

6 minutes ago, GhostBox said:

Good 👏🏼👏🏼

It's good that UN workers coordinated the mass rape, torture, kidnapping and butchering of civilians?

I thought killing civilians was bad? Or does it not matter when it's Jews?

Disgusting comment.

• Confused 1

Reminder that you can advocate for the dignity and safety and statehood of Palestinians without cheering on the mass rape and butchering of innocent civilians...

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, N.M.K. said:

It's good that UN workers coordinated the mass rape, torture, kidnapping and butchering of civilians?

Disgusting comment.

For some of these People it’s only acceptable when it’s Jewish people. 

I’m sorry, but I doubt these allegations are true. We know Israel will label any Gazan as a criminal, so I need reputable evidence (that isn’t from Israel, US, UK, Germany, etc.) proving that these workers actually did what is being alleged. Disgusting behaviour of Israel to distract people from the genocide they’re committing against Palestine.

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 8

This is a clear and big fat lie

Feels like a convenient way further isolate Gaza and what is happening there from the rest of the world.

4 hours ago, Mezik said:

I’m sorry, but I doubt these allegations are true. We know Israel will label any Gazan as a criminal, so I need reputable evidence (that isn’t from Israel, US, UK, Germany, etc.) proving that these workers actually did what is being alleged. Disgusting behaviour of Israel to distract people from the genocide they’re committing against Palestine.

LeftQAnon realness. Just because something doesn’t fit your narrative doesn’t mean it’s false. Embarrassing 

• Like 9
  • Thumbs Down 1

This whole thing strongly reads as retaliation for the ICJ ruling (which was much more deferential to Israel than they deserved, allowing them to continue their collective punishment campaign).

4 hours ago, N.M.K. said:

Disgusting comment.

I was saying it’s good they were fired 💀

• Thumbs Down 1

27 minutes ago, N.M.K. said:

LeftQAnon realness. Just because something doesn’t fit your narrative doesn’t mean it’s false. Embarrassing 

Says the racist white supremacist. Please keep quiet for supporting genocide, it’s embarrassing.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

29 minutes ago, Mezik said:

Says the racist white supremacist. Please keep quiet for supporting genocide, it’s embarrassing.

Yes throw your buzz words around because you can’t handle facts and truth. I’m not even white 😭 but if it makes you feel better and not have to face reality then go off bb

1 hour ago, N.M.K. said:

Evidence provided by *checks notes* the Israeli government via torture might not be the best bet to do a mass PR campaign attempt on.

GE0ZgchWAAA95wb?format=jpg&name=medium

• Thumbs Down 1

The videos of UNRWA teachers cheering for the October 7 attack have been published for a long time. The UNRWA categorically denied it and said it couldn’t possibly be true. You would think they would have done the investigation before making that statement. 

And not people downplaying the fact that a U.N. agency supported a terrorist attack on civilians :deadbanana: 

Edited by Dephira
  • Like 8

10 hours ago, Dephira said:

The videos of UNRWA teachers cheering for the October 7 attack have been published for a long time.

19 hours ago, Communion said:

"LOOK! LOOK AT THESE TELEGRAM SCREENSHOTS OF GAZANS WORKING FOR THE UN CELEBRATING HAMAS BREACHING THE BORDER AND TEXTING EACH OTHER CELEBRATIONS! I BET YOU REGRET SAYING BOMBING HOSPITALS WAS WRONG NOW, HUH??" :smiley:

Like clockwork.

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

Wasn’t the UN chief Antonio Guterres himself exposed to be biased toward Hamas? So this isn’t far-fetched that a lot of people working in the UN are antisemites and terrorist sympathizers.

• Like 1

Those allegations that parts of UNRWA have concerningly close ties to Hamas have been around for a while, so I can't say I'm surprised by this. I hope there can be a thorough, unbiased investigation as soon as possible. Until then – I do wonder how many more countries than the nine that have already announced it will pause their financial support for the time being. 

Extremely disgusted in Trudeau and Canada withdrawing funding. Canada is a joke. We should be withdrawing all aid/funds to Israel.

• Thanks 1

Israel now says it was only 4 employees. :ahh:

again, still no evidence. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ZeroSuitBritney said:

Welp. 

11 hours ago, ZeroSuitBritney said:

They got the big headlne they wanted on the same day as the ICJ ruling and many Western governments followed along without questioning the claim.

UNRWA provide food, healthcare and other services.

The goal was to get racist Western governments to help starve the Palestinians.

• Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.