Gwen teasing May album? new single next week?

GwennyGwenGwen

Gwen has been teasing a new album that is flowers/bloom/spring related...and last night dropped a new playlist that seems like probably basically her inspiration for the album (she has said it is 70's singer songwriter/soft rock inspired...and that's what the playlist is).

The title of the playlist is "april showers", which fans are speculating is a play on "April showers bring May flowers"...she also has a lot of big performances in that time frame, so would make sense.

Anyways here is the playlist (lost of Stevie Nicks/Fleetwood Mac):
https://open.spotify.com/playlist/6YYUJ6F0RIbAwXZinYlpS0?si=9c753ce3088e4e64

Edited by GwennyGwenGwen

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GwennyGwenGwen

• BlackJesus

• memo90061

• Afterglow

Sounds plausible.

Her country album is finally here :WAP:

• Haha 1

Where has she talked about a new album? I feel like she's been saying this for years and all we got were random droplets. 

Also, she needs to get back with Pharrell.

3 minutes ago, Afterglow said:

Where has she talked about a new album? I feel like she's been saying this for years and all we got were random droplets. 

Also, she needs to get back with Pharrell.

She's talked about the new album in a few interviews, i think People magazine? But yeah she definitely the past couple months that she has an album...and has also liked a bunch of tweets recently about a new album, even the name Bloom for the album, etc.

Edited by GwennyGwenGwen
  • Thanks 1

I've heared there will be a Lavender Haze Remix with Taylor Swift 

Edited by queenoftheclouds

True Babe is not giving Stevie Nicks/FM unfortunately.

I loved TIWTTFL but I don't know that I want another album of it. Can she break up with that honky or something.. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Scheissex said:

True Babe is not giving Stevie Nicks/FM unfortunately.

I loved TIWTTFL but I don't know that I want another album of it. Can she break up with that honky or something.. 

True Babe was actually recorded like a few years ago, so it wouldn't be the sound of the music she's been working on recently which is what she has said is gonna be the sound of the album.

We want Gwen Stefani not Gwen Shelton

2 minutes ago, GwennyGwenGwen said:

True Babe was actually recorded like a few years ago, so it wouldn't be the sound of the music she's been working on recently which is what she has said is gonna be the sound of the album.

Love to hear that 

The fact that this is in theory the sixth solo album she's recorded... 

considering her latest droplets, I don't have a single idea of the direction she's planning to go. I love her early records and a couple tracks from the last one, but overall... confused.

With her doing Lovers & Friends in May, I can't imagine she'd want to show up to an R&B heavy festival with any kind of new music that's country vibe... but maybe I'm wrong! LOL

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, savedthemixtape said:

With her doing Lovers & Friends in May, I can't imagine she'd want to show up to an R&B heavy festival with any kind of new music that's country vibe... but maybe I'm wrong! LOL

It wouldn't do well, the culture is expecting "Luxurious-she's invited to the cookout-Gwen...."

So Blake needs to stay home and let her do this

:khalyan2:

Hopefully so she can get started on a No Doubt record right after. 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, humbz said:

considering her latest droplets, I don't have a single idea of the direction she's planning to go. I love her early records and a couple tracks from the last one, but overall... confused.

7 minutes ago, savedthemixtape said:

lol ya I think the playlist makes it pretty obvious the general sound of the album...definitely singer songwriter/soft rock vibes. I could see a song or two having ska/reggae vibes, and country vibes, cause it is Gwen after all and she is always a bit all over the place...but i highly doubt the general sound being country lol.

• Like 1

Hopefully it is released in May <3 That's my birthday month.

Cameltoe Chariot

I wish she'd read the room and get back in the studio with No Doubt to finally make a sequel to Return of Saturn.

She has an entire generation of new MPGs that consistently reference Gwen and the Tragic Kingdom/Return of Saturn albums as a major inspiration, but she thinks people are still here for Hollaback Girl and it frustrates me to no end :gaycat6:

2 hours ago, Cameltoe Chariot said:

I wish she'd read the room and get back in the studio with No Doubt to finally make a sequel to Return of Saturn.

She has an entire generation of new MPGs that consistently reference Gwen and the Tragic Kingdom/Return of Saturn albums as a major inspiration, but she thinks people are still here for Hollaback Girl and it frustrates me to no end :gaycat6:

I think she knows there is a ton of interest in that, which is probably why we're getting a No Doubt reunion at all. But the making of Push and Shove was apparently really difficult...and Gwen has talked about how at this point in her life just wanting to be able to go into the studio casually and sporadically...and that isn't what No Doubt is or wants, so idk.

That being said, she did relatively recently (right around when Coachella was probably being booked), that she already knew what the next NEXT album she wanted to make was...so fingers crossed that's No Doubt lol

Hhmmm I would be here for it but it feels unlikely at this point

None of this graphic-design-is-my-passion mess please

Spoiler

spacer.png

And dissolve the lip fillers. Can't believe this is what she wants to look like in her 50s.

I have no hope for this :rip:

She really put the last of her talent into This Is What The Truth Feels Like

It’s been a long and tiring road since LMRM in late 2020 and the supposed Ska/reggae album that she was supposed to have and then Slow Clap flopped and that was it.

Then they kinda try it with True Babe but that was uneventful and generic and lead to nowhere.

Then she’s been teasing the Bloom thing since a few months ago on her instagram and interviews but who knows what will happen, if it’s a 70’s soft rock/alt indie disco vibe a la Lana del Rey but groovy I’d be here for it since at least is something different, she could also record a ft with tons of girls like Charli XCX, Megan or Nicki, Fergie! Whoever but she always doubts about her talent and artistry and sabotages herself.

If it's anything like fast flop slow clap she can keep it unreleased.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.