AMA study: 26,000 rape-related pregnancies in Texas after Roe overturned

Espresso

Awful. I feel terrible for the mothers, and the children they were forced to bring into this s***ty world. Many of these kids will get shuffled around "the system" never knowing love or proper care. 

• Like 1

Beautiful country, beautiful. Land of the free rape.

• Like 1

Disgusting. And some of yall still want Trump back? True insanity.

Edited by Afterglow
  • Like 2

How ******* disgraceful. **** the 6 justices that overturned Roe, every politician that supports them, and every other politician that refuses to do anything about this. 

• Like 2

The party of “limited government” preventing women and girls from just living their lives without having to bear their rapist’s children. 

• Like 1

Wow. That is… wtf?

The world is truly going to ****

Doubly alarming that a) this is only a subsection of women who've been raped or sexually assaulted and b) that these women had to deliver these babies.

So much toxic male behaviour could be prevented by better parenting and actively stamping out any misogynistic tendencies as and when they manifest. We also need to emphasise consent from a young age. It doesn't even have to be about sex when they're smaller, just "if they don't want you to hug/touch/push/hit/poke, then don't do it".

A lot of parents condition their children to not value consent even through seemingly insignificant things like telling your child they must hug and kiss all of their uncles and aunts goodbye, even if they don't want to. Or picking up a child and bothering them even when they scream and cry.

What's even more scary is that barely any abortions were performed for these women even in the rape-exception states. Fewer than 60/mo.

• ATRL Moderator
2 hours ago, Afterglow said:

Disgusting. And some of yall still want Trump back? True insanity.

Trump was not in office when Roe got overturned. Biden is a pretty useless "defense" for abortion rights. After the Dobbs decision, he was planning on putting anti-abortion judges into power to make Mitch McConnell happy. He only decided not to at the last minute because he was getting a lot of pushback because this was in the wake of Roe being overturned.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

1 hour ago, Bloo said:

Trump was not in office when Roe got overturned. Biden is a pretty useless "defense" for abortion rights. After the Dobbs decision, he was planning on putting anti-abortion judges into power to make Mitch McConnell happy. He only decided not to at the last minute because he was getting a lot of pushback because this was in the wake of Roe being overturned.

What are you talking about?

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/trump-was-able-kill-roe-v-wade-rcna84897

Just say you're a Trumpeteer, much easier than the BS you just typed up.

• ATRL Moderator
2 hours ago, Afterglow said:

What are you talking about?

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/trump-was-able-kill-roe-v-wade-rcna84897

Just say you're a Trumpeteer, much easier than the BS you just typed up.

What are you talking about? Roe was overturned in 2022, while Biden was president. Him being president doesn't suddenly prevent abortion rights from being destroyed.

As for my other claim about the judgeship:

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2022/07/biden-mcconnell-chad-meredith-abortion-kentucky-judge.html

I hate Donald Trump. But if it helps you feel better to call me a Trumpeteer, go for it babe.

On 1/25/2024 at 5:51 PM, Bloo said:

What are you talking about? Roe was overturned in 2022, while Biden was president. Him being president doesn't suddenly prevent abortion rights from being destroyed.

As for my other claim about the judgeship:

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2022/07/biden-mcconnell-chad-meredith-abortion-kentucky-judge.html

I hate Donald Trump. But if it helps you feel better to call me a Trumpeteer, go for it babe.

It’s Trump’s Supreme Court. 

Edited by Horizon Flame

• ATRL Moderator
16 hours ago, Horizon Flame said:

It’s Trump’s Supreme Court. 

I'm aware. But, please, do explain how Biden getting re-elected suddenly changes the composition of the court? How is his re-election going to save abortion rights?

There are much better arguments to be had for Biden than this. Y'all should be making those instead. The "saving abortion rights" argument doesn't carry much water.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.