• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SayIt

• Cain

• Solaria

• KatyPrismSpirit

19 hours ago, Relampago. said:

The songs are good but don’t match the current popular sound. If an artist as big as Abel couldn’t launch a huge hit with Dawn FM, why would they expect Dua to..? And with only a couple performances for promo?

Another thing were they are similar is that they both did little promotion thinking the hits will just come and it didn't work

• Like 1

The dramatics every monday in here :dies:

• Haha 2

Everything will eventually come together for this era. I feel that Dua is in a good position. She has two singles that are doing well together and at any moment could take off! The album announcement cover and date is near and will be an exciting moment for us fans. The quality of music has been exceptional and just to think we will have a full album of it coming :duca::celestial:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

US Radio Update (3/10)

Training Season: 

Pop: #24 (+3)

Spins: 2608 (+155)

Aud: 6.011M (+0.360)

Hot AC: #30 (+2)

Spins: 350 (+20)

Aud: 0.606M (+0.046)

Overall: #153 (+7)  

Audience: 6.805M (+0.422)

Gains on radio are looking promising :duca:

Approaching top 20 on Pop :duca:

6 hours ago, NostalgiawithDua said:

I maybe downvoted for saying but both Houdini and TS have underperformed for her standards and one of the major reasons is lack of vision and cheap mvs this era. Ariana got a viral hit due to her recent music video, just like Flowers. That og mv definitely would’ve caused some controversy but she chose morality above success. Kinda saddens me, she’s one of the hardest working pop girls right now and charts don’t reflect that….

This. If you're making pop music you have to take risks 

6 hours ago, NostalgiawithDua said:

I maybe downvoted for saying but both Houdini and TS have underperformed for her standards and one of the major reasons is lack of vision and cheap mvs this era. Ariana got a viral hit due to her recent music video, just like Flowers. That og mv definitely would’ve caused some controversy but she chose morality above success. Kinda saddens me, she’s one of the hardest working pop girls right now and charts don’t reflect that….

The Houdini MV was actually well received. Yes, I think it could’ve been much better, but it seems like the GP liked. She was looking gorgeous + nice choreo, it does feel more like a dance video tho.

Now Training Season was truly tragic, to me it’s the biggest red alert from this era, so far. I mean, not a single person on her team thought it would be a bad idea to release a such a boring MV for a very upbeat song? While she’s performing the same song for her life on awards with huge production and choreo? A very weird decision, I actually think the MV completely killed the hype for the song.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Honestly what's killing this era momentum is the new management. Bad decisions after bad decisions. In any case, I don't think she would've been able to replicate the success of FN with this new sound, but at least with her old team the era would've been more interesting and fun to engage.

Edited by Jonathan Cruz
  • Like 6

9 minutes ago, Jonathan Cruz said:

Honestly what's killing this era momentum is the new management. Bad decisions after bad decisions. In any case, I don't think she would've been able to replicate the success of FN with this new sound, but at least with her old team, the era would've been more interesting and fun to engage.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! 

Dua’s Dawn FM!

Her biggest mistake was the non exciting music video! Sure the music video format isn’t what it used to be but a good one still does wonders for songs, especially for pop girls! 

Also the Spotify numbers for current singles compared to her past are concerning. Wonder if the label will have her rework the album. 

• Like 1

we can't be friends is proof that a good music video can do wonders for the song 

dua learn

• Like 6

Are people being serious about the "reworking the album" stuff :deadbanana2: If the songs dropped like rocks, I'd say yeah they should, but they've remained relatively stable worldwide (not to mention they're both amazing songs). 

The horrendous rollout has been the issue. It's concerning when an overwhelming response to the Grammys performance was "wow Dua has new songs out??" (and one of them wasn't even out 💀). She needs be doing the level of promo she did with FN. It feels like her music career is just ONE of her team's focuses right now, rather than THE main focus. At this point in FN's rollout, and pretty much all year long, we were being FED with performances, videos, versions, photoshoots, info, interviews (about music 💀). We would be in awe of how much Dua Lipa Hungary was keeping up with all the content. She cannot treat herself like a legacy act who can just drop music and go this early in her career.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Burqa said:

we can't be friends is proof that a good music video can do wonders for the song 

dua learn

this
but at the same time it feels like people in 2024 only listen to songs they can relate to and if somehow there's controversy surrounding a past relationship, see Flowers, we can't be friends, driver's license, Taylor's discography...

32 minutes ago, DoubleRainbow! said:

this
but at the same time it feels like people in 2024 only listen to songs they can relate to and if somehow there's controversy surrounding a past relationship, see Flowers, we can't be friends, driver's license, Taylor's discography...

see greedy, unholy, beautiful things, paint the town red

Edited by Labraiseofficial
  • Like 1

The way we could have had a femicide lesson with the OG TS and it would have made sense with the concept/song and resonated with many women living in different parts of the world. I will admit that’s the one huge misstep I think they’ve taken so far.

Truthfully, I do think they are worried about the crowded release schedule right now and the “underperformance”. But if you ask me, it’s dumb to be worried about it. Dua had higher debuts than ever and is STILL having her signature longevity. She’s not at Ari/Bey/Tay level obviously but she’s gaining. If they’re really panicking behind the scenes, that would be a huge testament to the incompetence of the new management. Other than that, I don’t think there’s too much they could do differently other than booking a performance or two. It would show they don’t know Dua’s potential or brand, she’s not a massive debut artist yet, nor a smash off the bat. She needs time to get it right and click with the GP every time.

They really should talk to Roc Nation about how they handled Rih’s career from 2005-2012 because she was in the same position every time, getting threatened to be blocked by the likes of a 2012 Kesha lead single and never debuting high. But they never panicked and look what happened. Like… I can forgive the lack of content if it has a purpose, even if that purpose is just that she’s resting to get ready for the actual era. I can’t forgive them losing their minds behind closed doors because Houdini is at 300m after 4 months and still getting good updates, but they wanted a drivers license type of run. :rip: 

Edited by Relampago.
  • Like 1

Houdini is kinda huge and a phenomenon here in France :jonny:

there's a LOT of local influencers associating red hair with Dua, and the biggest french female youtuber is stanning Dua HARD and even dyed her hair red following Houdini's release 

to those who say she has no brand or identity - red hair is HER brand now. the best (and only good) marketing choice of this era 

Edited by kalli
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, NostalgiawithDua said:

she chose morality above success. Kinda saddens me

yikes yikes yikes 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The extended version is the only version I play now. I cannot stand the original version at all. It doesn't allow the song and its production to breathe a bit. The original sounds rushed, noisy and disjointed in parts especially towards the end. 

Furthermore, Houdini >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Edited by Revel
  • Like 3

29 minutes ago, HonourableVomit said:

yikes yikes yikes 

Are you slow, you can’t see the full stop?!

Edited by NostalgiawithDua

5 minutes ago, Revel said:

The extended version is the only version I play now. I cannot stand the original version at all. It doesn't allow the song and its production to breathe a bit. The original sounds rushed, noisy and disjointed in parts especially towards the end. 

Brits version is the best one, the dramatic production is exactly what the song needs….

6 hours ago, chris1991 said:

Dua’s Dawn FM!

Yep, but at least this is performing better. 

The drama here lmao, is a Sunday update, relax. :coffee2: Houdini did the same streams as last week, but I was only worried about TS because this did 200k less.

Spoiler

the better song won, oh Miss Dini stans WE WON. (and lost at the same time)

13 hours ago, NostalgiawithDua said:

girl, Dua has NO standards :redface:

She can get a big hit like Cold Heart after a big flop like We're Good. And then have a huge flop like Sweetest Pie and then have a huge hit like DTN.

Her success is a roller coaster but it's good lmao, Rihanna is the same, The Weeknd is the same, Karol G, Bad Bunny. Not all the singles they release are BIG HIT but she (and they) always find a way to smash. 

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

3 hours ago, Revel said:

Same.

The extended one should've been the standard version and the 3 minute version should've been the radio edit.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.