Dua Lipa - "Training Season"

BlackoutZone

5 minutes ago, ChrisTheLoner said:

Just another excuse for her haters to gather around and kiki about her "fLoPpInG!!1!" :psyduck:

That's why I usually avoid threads like that because the ODHs are absolutely ridiculous with their sh*tty takes on everything Dua related.

Whether she went back in the studio or not I still think we're getting the album in May/June after the Swiftquake and Beynami :keir:

Yes you’re right of course, and I shouldn’t take the bait but at times I wonder at the complete battiness of it all, and I bite.  I mean there was a photo a couple of years back of her sitting on a sofa in a studio with Mick Jagger (of all people), and that proved precisely that she’d sat on a sofa with old Mick and had a photo taken, not that she was replacing Keith Richards in the Stones or whatever 😁

Edited by Vermouth
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SayIt

• Cain

• Solaria

• KatyPrismSpirit

5 minutes ago, shark_heather said:

Do we think that TS could have gotten a bigger exposure if it was released with the album ? ( like we can't be friends)

Maybe, I think it was good for them to repeat FN strategy though with 2 singles before the album (minus the promo single and album announcement so far hihi).

I think the best thing now is to release the third single with the album release of the best track on the album, I feel like that could pull big numbers with the whole album coming out with it. :cm:

Edited by ChrisTheLoner

I don’t think she’s re-recording anything. I guess it’s possible, but if they’re really scrambling over Houdini/TS not having massive peaks… I don’t know what they expected?

The songs are good but don’t match the current popular sound. If an artist as big as Abel couldn’t launch a huge hit with Dawn FM, why would they expect Dua to..? And with only a couple performances for promo?

I figured this whole era was going to focus on solidifying a fanbase for Dua, which Houdini and TS are doing on their own. I see a lot of praise for the songs, but it seems like the frustrations lie with how the era has very little content for the fans to latch onto and it’s taking forever to get any information on it. That’s the antithesis of building a fanbase, there’s hardly any news for us to do anything with :deadbanana: 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, shark_heather said:

Aaahh ok . Well ain't nothing wrong on going back to the studio if you ask me but still this era feels a little bit weird ( compared to some of the recent pop eras that we got almost from the beginning Album date announcement ) 

Agree I do not think it’s been a stellar rollout. Quite the opposite in fact.  But whilst Houdini is not Don’t Start Now it’s chugging along relentlessly and will probably end up at 8/900 million streams WW in a couple of years so it’s hardly a disaster (even if disappointing a tad in the US). 

As I said upthread somewhere, I’m wondering if a possible Glastonbury headline set is creating an additional timing issues for the release, as Glastonbury itself is very very late announcing.

If she is announced as a headliner, there will be an album before that come hell or high water it’s just inconceivable they wouldn’t.

Edited by Vermouth

I swear the stan fiction on this site … she’s with her two backing vocalists and her guitarist probably recording an arrangement for a live performance. Don’t fall for the ODH bait Little Houdinis. 

I feel like some people have no idea how pop music work. The whole mission statement of the era is that it’s produced by Kevin Parker and it’s almost a concept album. She’s not going to scrap that because the US is streaming Morgan Wallen. 

Edited by bearman
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Dua promoting more for these kids than her own damn album :deadbanana2: selfless humanitarian

2 hours ago, Aristotle said:

Change the theme for few seconds, then. :rip:

Houdini did almost 3.1M the other day.

I dont think you can do it on mobile. At least idk where :rip:

2 minutes ago, TSwiftie said:

I dont think you can do it on mobile. At least idk where :rip:

Top of the page, second buttong from the right (lightbulb/moon depending on the theme)

• Thanks 1

Training Season now has 6 versions available on Spotify, I hadn't noticed until now. 

3 hours ago, ChrisTheLoner said:

Maybe, I think it was good for them to repeat FN strategy though with 2 singles before the album (minus the promo single and album announcement so far hihi).

I think the best thing now is to release the third single with the album release of the best track on the album, I feel like that could pull big numbers with the whole album coming out with it. :cm:

If the album is coming until May or June, I don't think Training season will be around by then, so she should have a promo single a couple weeks before the release.

US Radio Update (3/9)

Training Season

Pop: #27 (+1)

Spins: 2453 (+183)  

Aud: 5.651M (+0.504)

Hot AC: #32 (+1)

Spins: 330 (+23)

Aud: 0.560M (+0.038)

Overall: #160 (+17)

Audience: 6.383M (+0.569)

Gaining on radio organically :duca:

This is a good sign :duca:

Training Season is such a bop we are truly lucky :duca:

• Like 3

This song deserves to smash, but if it doesn’t so be it. She’s releasing quality hits and I’m sure the album will be well received.

Not everyone can be Taylor swift and keep growing their fanbase with each era, especially if you are pining for the gays. At some point she was going to plateau let’s just be grateful we’re getting some great music and she is still extremely popular and relevant with most people. Not everyone has that. 

• Like 8

In before all the dramatics. Training Season Spotify update is the worst on Sundays. So be prepared for chaos! It will rise for Mondays update and everyone will say we love her/training season again :celestial4:

10 hours ago, Relampago. said:

If an artist as big as Abel couldn’t launch a huge hit with Dawn FM, why would they expect Dua to..? 

Ooh great comparison.

His own fault for not releasing Less Than Zero though 

• Like 1

Today's update won't be posted

reaction-lady-gaga-no-negativity-on-this

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

The people thinking this hasn’t gotten much promo are delusional. This had a Grammy performance before it was even released and a performance at the Brits. All for a second single. The first single itself already received a ton of promo. She’s doing way more than most pop stars are these days for standalone singles, considering there’s no announced album even attached to them yet

• Thanks 1

I maybe downvoted for saying but both Houdini and TS have underperformed for her standards and one of the major reasons is lack of vision and cheap mvs this era. Ariana got a viral hit due to her recent music video, just like Flowers. That og mv definitely would’ve caused some controversy but she chose morality above success. Kinda saddens me, she’s one of the hardest working pop girls right now and charts don’t reflect that….

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, Solgayleo said:

The people thinking this hasn’t gotten much promo are delusional. This had a Grammy performance before it was even released and a performance at the Brits. All for a second single. The first single itself already received a ton of promo. She’s doing way more than most pop stars are these days for standalone singles, considering there’s no announced album even attached to them yet

Performing this song before it was officially released was her first mistake. Performing this at the Brits was the least that she can do. Not you making it seem we should applaud her for doing her ******* job and at this rate the bare minimum. She's not as promo heavy as she was with FN that much is obvious. Maybe they've underestimated her pull and got confident with FN's sucess thinking that may have solidified her. 

Drop the single and album at the same time in April period. No scraps or delays. Alternate case scenario add a feature.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Relampago. said:

I don’t think she’s re-recording anything. I guess it’s possible, but if they’re really scrambling over Houdini/TS not having massive peaks… I don’t know what they expected?

The songs are good but don’t match the current popular sound. If an artist as big as Abel couldn’t launch a huge hit with Dawn FM, why would they expect Dua to..? And with only a couple performances for promo?

I figured this whole era was going to focus on solidifying a fanbase for Dua, which Houdini and TS are doing on their own. I see a lot of praise for the songs, but it seems like the frustrations lie with how the era has very little content for the fans to latch onto and it’s taking forever to get any information on it. That’s the antithesis of building a fanbase, there’s hardly any news for us to do anything with :deadbanana: 

Great points. Thank you for sharing 

• Thanks 1

Flopping Reason is just not that good.

3 minutes ago, NostalgiawithDua said:

I maybe downvoted for saying but both Houdini and TS have underperformed for her standards and one of the major reasons is lack of vision and cheap mvs this era. Ariana got a viral hit due to her recent music video, just like Flowers. That og mv definitely would’ve caused some controversy but she chose morality above success. Kinda saddens me, she’s one of the hardest working pop girls right now and charts don’t reflect that….

Not her standard when she is a pop girl that relies on the gp for hits. No way in hell ya really thought that she was gonna be able to duplicate FN in any capacity. Is she underperforming? Sure if you compare it to her last era. But no need. This is a new era and new music. Judge it based on that. Theirs nothing wrong or cheap with her videos. Lack of vision? When she's taking a risk with her sound and has a concept album ready to go with a sound that really isn't commercial right now. Make sense please. Ariana is also the bigger artist coming back from a hiatus and also the bigger celebrity and her latest record was basically a pop version of doing some much needed damage control a we love her again moment essentially. It's telling that you'd rather have Dua be a sacrificial lamb just to secure a hit to satisfy your chart hungry ass needs. Nothing wrong with morals (you taking an issue with that says alot more about you then it does her just an fyi) and she's still seeing success. Just not as big and slower. You really need to stop letting charts dictate the quality and validity of an artists talent and success or else you won't be able to enjoy both artist and art. Cause theirs alot on the chart that's not good and just because it is doesn't make good either so just keep that in mind. The promo is just sloppy. Her doing interviews here and there isn't enough when during FN she was everywhere PERFORMING

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, SchmoodRing said:

Theirs nothing wrong or cheap with her videos. Lack of vision?

Please be serious, that TS video is atrocious to say the least, she was less popular during FN era but had consistent good budget video, you think Warner didn’t have budget for a mv. And what’s the concept of album aside from the fact that it’s psychedelic and potential name Vertigo. Be serious, I want her to do well, she’s one of these pop girlies who has defied the odds and now her label and management decides to mess up her most important era….

• Like 1

The fact that she has 8 years in music industry, and isn't capable of making a good music video I'm just lost and upset. 

She doesn't have a big fanbase, how she gone attract general public, do you really think people a **** about service95 podcast.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

It is Sunday and as expected the melt down are here :eatpopcorn:

• Haha 2

Years ago I was in a gaming forum and I promoted Dua music videos, and the reactions was great because people just like her visually and musically. 

They don't know her though before. 

• Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.