Dua Lipa - "Training Season"

BlackoutZone

It kinda grows on me, I like to listen to it right after Houdini, it completes it in a way 

• Like 1

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SayIt

• Cain

• Solaria

• KatyPrismSpirit

I wonder will this album get a top 10 in the US when all is said and done. 

The Spotify stats are cute and all but it's the official charts that really count, and y'all know it. 

Im sorry but this is just NOT It 

It could work perfectly as an album opener or as a promo song to launch the album ... like Ariana's Be Alright 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

28. Training Season: 2121 (+116) | 4.763 (+0.324)

Coming slowly but surely. I believe album will be released in late May. 

So i think their plan is pushing Houdini and Training Season on its own until album release to give them cute peaks on Hot100. 

After album release drop Houdini , replace it with Training Season and release another single later , like Paint The Town Red and Agora Hills run on pop radio. 

2 minutes ago, Yes, AND said:

I wonder will this album get a top 10 in the US when all is said and done. 

The Spotify stats are cute and all but it's the official charts that really count, and y'all know it. 

If Houdini holds until album release she can get it. 

Needs 5k sales 50M radio and Double streams what its doing right now. Maybe album release week can boost it. 

1 minute ago, Human Fly said:

If Houdini holds until album release she can get it. 

Needs 5k sales 50M radio and Double streams what its doing right now. Maybe album release week can boost it. 

Hopefully. At the moment, in terms of singles, this has performed similar to Smile album, I expected a lot better from Dua's follow up era to FN. 

I mean her stans were talking about H challenging for no 1, for it to miss the top 10 is very underwhelming, and Xmas is not an excuse - look at Greedy, Agora Hills and even Cruel Summer. 

3 minutes ago, Yes, AND said:

this has performed similar to Smile album

:bibliahh::bibliahh::bibliahh::bibliahh:

btw it’s amazing the longevity Houdini has :WAP: another 1B for Miss Hitmaker in less than a year. 

4 minutes ago, Yes, AND said:

Hopefully. At the moment, in terms of singles, this has performed similar to Smile album, I expected a lot better from Dua's follow up era to FN. 

I mean her stans were talking about H challenging for no 1, for it to miss the top 10 is very underwhelming, and Xmas is not an excuse - look at Greedy, Agora Hills and even Cruel Summer. 

Not you comparing to Smile :redface: the numbers are underwhelming in the US but she’s doing fine globally, Houdini actually is bigger than Agora Hills and Cruel Summer (some countries) in Europe. It also did good in Australia, Canada and Latin America. US is the issue, but a lot of her singles tanked there too, even smashes like One Kiss and IDGAF.

• Like 1

Just now, unclefloprry said:

:bibliahh::bibliahh::bibliahh::bibliahh:

btw it’s amazing the longevity Houdini has :WAP: another 1B for Miss Hitmaker in less than a year. 

Smile lead single 15, second single 40.

Houdin 11, TS 27 so far. 

Smile ended up with 3 singles certified by the way, lets see how this compares later ! 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Thumbs Down 2

Just now, k4rmabutterfly said:

Not you comparing to Smile :redface: the numbers are underwhelming in the US but she’s doing fine globally, Houdini actually is bigger than Agora Hills and Cruel Summer (some countries) in Europe. It also did good in Australia, Canada and Latin America. US is the issue, but a lot of her singles tanked there too, even smashes like One Kiss and IDGAF.

I was clearly talking about the US. 

op I thought this was Miss Dini thread. Anyways.

I can't stop watching the performance. We need that stadium tour announcement.:jonnycat: 

1 hour ago, Yes, AND said:

Smile lead single 15, second single 40.

Houdin 11, TS 27 so far. 

Smile ended up with 3 singles certified by the way, lets see how this compares later ! 

Weren't you recently saying, in this very thread, that Dua only has 3 big songs? :toofunny2: You cannot be taken seriously speaking only of the Hot 100 and peak positions, especially when it comes to Dua. Saying this era is going as well as Smile purely due to Hot 100 peak positions is hysterical.

Edited by _Fey
  • Like 4
  • Thumbs Down 1

30 minutes ago, _Fey said:

Weren't you recently saying, in this very thread, that Dua only has 3 big songs? :toofunny2: You cannot be taken seriously speaking only of the Hot 100 and peak positions, especially when it comes to Dua. Saying this era is going as well as Smile purely due to Hot 100 peak positions is hysterical.

In the US yes, New Rules, DSN and Levitating. 

• Thumbs Down 3

5 hours ago, Yes, AND said:

In the US yes, New Rules, DSN and Levitating. 

And no one cares, One Kiss has 2 billion streams on Spotify and it didn’t need the US for that

Global smashes > US peaks

• Like 5
  • Thumbs Down 1

9 hours ago, Yes, AND said:

I was clearly talking about the US. 

The USA is the most important music market in the world, both in terms of commercial numbers and influence. Having a Billboard No 1 will add a sheen to a song in a way that having a No 1 in ten small European or Asian countries won’t.

It is, however, not the be all and end all.  ATRL seems to have a real blind spot for this frankly. There’s a seemingly pervasive feeling that if you’re not Billboard/Spotify/Apple US no 1’s, within  no time at all of release, the flop bell is rung and out come the what went wrong threads.  Frankly it’s myopic.

As far as the record companies are concerned the charts are merely a means to an end, promotion if you like, for streams, track sales, tours, and any other commercial deals, because that’s where the money comes from. A stream is a stream if it’s from Brussels or Baltimore, and that can mean that huge stars in the US are not quite as big outside (Sza?Doja?) if still well known. and some, especially from country music are basically unheard of.

• Like 1

If her label is waiting for a US hit I guess I hate to say it but maybe she does need a big rap feature for the 3rd single tbh....

Dua f/ Doja Cat could actually be really cute and do some numbers for her....

1 minute ago, IBeMe said:

If her label is waiting for a US hit I guess I hate to say it but maybe she does need a big rap feature for the 3rd single tbh....

A Megan feature would make a lot of sense as well

• Like 1

Just now, MatiRod said:

A Megan feature would make a lot of sense as well

yes but it's not a guaranteed hit with Megan. If the label is truly waiting for an American hit single to launch the album and are holding it hostage then she needs someone who has a good rapport with radio and Doja has been a radio darling among the rap girls so far tbh. A Megan collab would EAT quality wise but I'm thinking just strategically, a Doja collab would do lots more numbers which would prob make the label comfortable to have her launch the album at last. Plus a Doja collab wouldn't be a sell out type of feature tbh. She;s really talented and I can imagine them making a pop - rap banger! 

I do want a Megan feature on DL3 or DL4 tho! I feel like Sweetest Pie didn't really capture what I thought a collab from them would sound like tbh...I was imagining something more like Let Me Blow Your Mind by Eve & Gwen Stefani so hopefully they have a do-over!  

listening to houdini and trainin season in my playlist hitdini really is the standout between the two :WAP:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IBeMe said:

Why does it need to be the third single? 

Houdini remix to secure that top 10 :clap3: 

2 minutes ago, Wonderland said:

:jonny: Houdini remix 

Here for it :duca:

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Wonderland said:

tbh Houdini was / is clearly being actively rejected by the american GP. The song has solid airplay...ppl know it, they just dont want to hear it in the US. 

I wouldnt waste a Doja collab on it...it would prob end up peaking top 10 for one week or something. Better to have a full on new track.

This is of course just hypothetically speaking and if her team REALLY wants her to have a US hit before the album. Personally, I'd hope they wouldnt care too much and would let her release the album even if she doesnt score a US hit this era 

6 hours ago, Aristotle said:

:clap3::clap3::clap3::clap3:

What does it say sis? I think because of the black theme I cant see whats written next to Houdini

Edited by TSwiftie

4 minutes ago, IBeMe said:

tbh Houdini was / is clearly being actively rejected by the american GP. The song has solid airplay...ppl know it, they just dont want to hear it in the US. 

I wouldnt waste a Doja collab on it...it would prob end up peaking top 10 for one week or something. Better to have a full on new track.

This is of course just hypothetically speaking and if her team REALLY wants her to have a US hit before the album. Personally, I'd hope they wouldnt care too much and would let her release the album even if she doesnt score a US hit this era 

They also rejected Levitating at first but then it ended up being #1 on the Year-End chart.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.