Dua Lipa - "Training Season"

BlackoutZone

when does this impact radio again the US?

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SayIt

• Cain

• Solaria

• KatyPrismSpirit

Can they put the live audio on digital platforms and pretend it’s the single version. Bridge + last chorus is PERFECTION :ghostface:

• Like 1

Her performances are getting better and better the next tour will be such a serve :jonnycat:

This performance gave me two things I have wanted in the studio since release:

the music dropping out in verse 2 before coming back in

Same with the chorus voices only in the last chorus

Drama is good! We need more moments like these!

Also I wish she used grittier vocals sometimes like that moment in the live version. Her voice is so gorgeous and smooth and glossy for pop production but I do wish sometimes we heard it less "perfect" like moments like that :alexz:

• Like 1

As much as I adored the Future Nostalgia era performances (EMAs, Grammys, BRITs, AMAs, MAMA, SNL, Fallon, The Voice, etc), she is definitely a better performer now and we've only had two performances so far. Her voice is stronger, the choreo is *chefs kiss* and she is MUCH more comfortable and confident on stage. You can no longer notice her counting the steps and her movements feel very natural. Grammys 2024 is Dua at her best imo.

There aren't any "big" awards shows left so its probably gonna be crickets until SNL or something for the album release. Houdini alone deserved more performances than DSN & Levitating combined. :chick3:

Edited by State of Grace.

Live version has much better structure as album version. The added drums and risers, the dramatic breaks etc.

I wish the main version was like that, plus the intro from Grammys and it would be BOMB!

• Like 3

That live performance is giving Miley transitioning to Can't Be Tamed :jonny5::jonny5::jonny5:

12 hours ago, Human Fly said:

No, this era she’s doing everything she can do. 

Such as live performances, TV interviews, long and memorable single run gaps in between and multiple editions such as remixes from different DJs and Live versions. 

You all just bored because she didnt debut Top10 or #1. 

Look at Ariana’s era she did literally nothing. Or Miley’s era, Her first live performance came after a year. And they’re not even going on a tour. Olivia also did bare minimum.

Just say i want dua to treat her singles like fast food/ release and burn it 2nd day if its not #1 on Spotify. 

This

the music is amazing, the performances are waaay better than the FN ones, just say y’all are success stans and move one 

• Like 1

She's everything and more. 2/2 for me so far. I cannot wait for the album.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Badboidami said:

She's everything and more. 2/2 for me so far. I cannot wait for the album.

I am so so EXCITED for Vertigo an ALBUM

• Like 2

I love Training Season but the live version is 10x better it is insane :jonny:

30 minutes ago, SayIt said:

I love Training Season but the live version is 10x better it is insane :jonny:

Her name is Dua Lipa an ARTIST she sing she dance she is MPG

• Like 3

I think after this performance it's clear the album will indeed be called Vertigo. Her flying, the guys in the weird flying structure slinky type formation etc...It's VERY clearly the theme. I actually dont mind it as a album title but I can already picture the critics on release week being like "Vertigo indeed....this was supposed to a triumphant synth pop bliss produced by Kevin Parker but what we got was a discounted version that gives migraines" or some bs like that :toofunny3:

Do we think the album is coming before the summer, or the start of summer? I was thinking start of summer because Beyonce and Taylor are releasing before. Maybe a May release? And before it’s out a promo single for the album? Just some thoughts.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, GreenFrequncey said:

Do we think the album is coming before the summer, or the start of summer? I was thinking start of summer because Beyonce and Taylor are releasing before. Maybe a May release? And before it’s out a promo single for the album? Just some thoughts.

I lowkey think she would be better off releasing at the start of summer like with DL1 to get ahead of the competition :cm:

A promo single like Future Nostalgia would be nice too since we've only had 2 songs in the span of 4 months.

2 hours ago, revivval said:

I am so so EXCITED for Vertigo an ALBUM

I am excited as well for Chaos Theory or Vertigo an ALBUM

:suburban:

Dua did amazing at the Brits. I loved her performance of Training Season.

For me, I prefer Training Season to Houdini so I hope it doesn't get overshadowed ala Physical did during the FS era!

Both Physical and Training Season are great gym/work out songs!

Edited by Mke1979
  • Thanks 1

imagine having Houdini and Training Season on the same album… oh dua the hitmaker that you are :jonny5:

Riseee!!

• Like 1

The performance gave this another boost on the unclefloprry charts. :jonnycat: can't stop listening since yesterday

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

watch this be another "Physical" in the US... I won't be happy

I do think her team knew that this sound is a little less GP accessible but I love this direction she’s going in. The hair, style, music - just fits her tbh

• Thanks 1

ARE YOU SOMEBODY WHO CAN GO THERE? :jamming::jamming:

I wish an alternative training season music video was released similar to the chaotic Grammy and Brits performance with choreography…especially including the extended dance break at the end :jonny:

Edited by SayIt

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.