"4 more years" of genocide? Biden supporters clash with protestors at Virginia rally

Communion

4 hours ago, BeenTheShit said:

That's the beauty of America.  You have your convictions and feel it is in your best interest to base your vote on Palestine.  I do not.

• Like 1

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Communion

• BeenTheShit

• Varrock

• byzantium

1 minute ago, ClashAndBurn said:

The gambit that Biden is playing is the hope that he can stay the course in supporting Israel no matter what, and that his supporters can beat dissenters into submission by guilt-tripping them into voting in his favor anyway. That is essentially what is going on in this thread.

As for there being a pre-determined winner, that is the case for nearly 90% of the states, so yeah, more or less. Only a few actual swing states exist where any individual vote actually matters, and polling seems to indicate that my state will be extremely lopsided in Trump's favor this time in a way that hasn't been the case since Kerry lost to Bush 20 years ago.

It's pretty clear at this point that the Democrat establishment is in the mindset that it's best to scare people to get their votes as opposed to winning them over with any policy victory since the ACA fiasco. It's certainly a pernicious gamble that places voters in a shitty situation, but the threat they're leveraging isn't exactly unfounded. Now, that's irrelevant at this point, because Biden is riding a losing strategy right into his political grave and even a rapid 180º shift is probably too late at this point. 

My point though, since the outcome of the election hinges upon decisions by maybe 100k voters in a few states that have already been made, is that every vote for Joe Biden is hardly worth the paper it's written on, and thus every vote that's not directly for Trump is just one form of conscience vote or another (though it's unclear to me whether some of the users in this thread understand that). I've preliminarily made the choice to vote for Biden knowing he's going to lose because it's what's going to help me sleep a little better in February 2025, because at least I tried to stop Trump. You've made the choice not to vote for Biden knowing he's going to lose because it's what's going to help because it's - presumably- what's going to help you sleep a little better in February 2025, because he's largely to blame for what got us into this mess. I don't think it's exactly fair to derive a moral superiority argument from either of those choices, because we, let alone the people of Gaza who remain by that point, are ****** either way. 

You all have to be the dumbest group of ppl! Worrying about another country but not realizing if Trump gets back in office how life will be horrible for everybody in the ***** country YOU live in you stupid fks! Do you know what’s at risk HERE?! 

Edited by QueenBeyoncé
  • Thumbs Down 1

On 1/23/2024 at 8:03 PM, ClashAndBurn said:

Democrats are a pro-genocide party.

You’re disgusting. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 3

4 hours ago, QueenBeyoncé said:

You all have to be the dumbest group of ppl! Worrying about another country but not realizing if Trump gets back in office how life will be horrible for everybody in the ***** country YOU live in you stupid fks! Do you know what’s at risk HERE?! 

You are right.  We should only look out for ourselves.  I have a lot of stock in energy companies that will probably do better under a republican presidency, so I should probably vote for trump.  Good luck to the rest of y’all, though quite honestly, y’all aren’t me so I don’t really care. 

On 1/24/2024 at 7:25 PM, besaid said:

The only civilians that have been "targeted" in this war are the 1400 dead Israelis on 10/7. 

I’m sorry. But this Holocaust denial level ignorance should instantly grant a BAN. 

• Like 7

It's giving 

He’s going to lose the election and I can’t find it in me to feel even slightly bad about it. The Democrats are supposed to be the “good guys,” so they’re supposedly our only hope. Yet the “good guys” get away with supporting genocide because their opponents are more evil. Well, guess what. The reason we’re coming down hard on you all is because we already know there’s no point in trying to change the minds of the GOP.

If we keep voting Dems in just to avoid Republicans, they will never be motivated to change and stop evil policies. They need to get their asses spanked and realize that their voters aren’t falling for their lazy tactics anymore. Yes, Trump might win. But if four years of another nightmare actually forces the other party to change, then it has to happen. Four years is not a long time in the grand scheme of things. If you’re playing the long game and actually want reform in the Democratic Party, you need to send a message.

It’s horrible that we’re all going to have to suffer because of it. But the only way to force the people in power to change is by forcing their hands.

• Like 1

Not his brainwashed minions chanting four more years for 83686299 hours like a bunch of robotic stepford housewives. Someone needs to take them chips off. Like STFU. 

Edited by Sharamee6
  • Like 1

On 1/23/2024 at 10:24 PM, Varrock said:

“Four more years of genocide”? 

Do you honestly think Trump being in power will be any better? :rip: It’ll be tragically worse. For everyone. Y’all are such birdbrains. 

worse for who? the United States. If it's bad for the United States, it's good for the rest of the world. Plain and simple. The US is a war machine and Trump is a moron. If a more peaceful world means a bad government in the US, as an outsider I prefer to see the US threwing itself to the lions' den.

Maybe in the next elections democrats turn to the real left and choose a real left-wing candidate like Sanders in the primaries.

Edited by constantinople

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.