• Cap87

• Sweetestsecret

• SIDE2SIDE

• sam.teas

That’s probably what his label is thinking after his recent TANK 

• Haha 13

Why is he not releasing Down Souf H*oes that was a banger 

• Thanks 2

its not a real single, its a soundtrack song for his documentary so yall can relax

1 hour ago, SIDE2SIDE said:

its not a real single, its a soundtrack song for his documentary so yall can relax

yeah I was gonna say iirc this isn’t a real single… just a song from the upcoming doc. the amount of people rooting for LNX to fail, the first real mainstream gay male pop star, on a forum full of gay men will never not be bizarre to me.

Edited by imabadkid
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Afterglow said:

I think gay men are just tired of being caricatures and figureheads of blasphemy, sin, messiness and sex for the rest of the world. He banks off those issues and images but lacks significant artistic quality or importance in any of his music.

He just comes off as a viral artist who is gay...not a full fledged popstar with artistic merit and something to actually say nor imagery that makes you remember. He doesn't do significant work with the gay community, he harps on the female gay icons, messy songs and choreo. He's not giving and just because we are gay it doesn't mean we have to like him or his material.

:clack:

Tea :alexz2:

55 minutes ago, Afterglow said:

I think gay men are just tired of being caricatures and figureheads of blasphemy, sin, messiness and sex for the rest of the world. He banks off those issues and images but lacks significant artistic quality or importance in any of his music.

He just comes off as a viral artist who is gay...not a full fledged popstar with artistic merit and something to actually say nor imagery that makes you remember. He doesn't do significant work with the gay community, he harps on the female gay icons, messy songs and choreo. He's not giving and just because we are gay it doesn't mean we have to like him or his material.

the tea :giraffe: he lives up and plays to a stereotype and lives off the controversy. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Afterglow said:

You obviously don't follow or listen to him to say this, so you should comment on him.

He should have just started the era with this documentary/song. There really was ZERO purpose for J Christ's release :deadbanana4:

'where do we go now' days after #69 hot 100 debut, indeed

3 hours ago, imabadkid said:

the amount of people rooting for LNX to fail, the first real mainstream gay male pop star, on a forum full of gay men will never not be bizarre to me.   

he shouldn't get a free pass from the queer community just because he's gay 

he had plenty of support when it was warranted, his latest effort was tired and hollow. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, wish said:

There really was ZERO purpose for J Christ's release :deadbanana4:

me after easter in a world headed towards destruction   

7 hours ago, Afterglow said:

But other gays will say the complete opposite when we say we don’t like Sam Smith using their sexuality and “coming outs” to promote their music. Every time I’ve brought that up I’m told that I “just don’t like that they’re plus sized” when the real tea is that they use personal LGBTQ+ exclusive moments to sell singles. 

At least LNX has symbolism and an artistic direction to what’s happening with the music, not just a “I’m coming out and so is my single!”

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ImpressMeMuch said:

'where do we go now' days after #69 hot 100 debut, indeed

Coming to end Chris Brown's reign on the bubbling under hot 100 iktr

• Haha 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.