Megan Thee Stallion - "HISS"

kyliefever2002

Just now, jonapova said:

There’s a difference between doing it one time over a week ago compared to your multiple posts per day in multiple threads. Big Foot was supposed to be a clap back and it flopped in to oblivion after a SINGLE day, it deserved to be dragged. 

My issue is with you pandering for reactions and replies by trying to be edgy. 

OT: number 1 hit that’s gonna have people searching for Megan’s new releases

aint this you literally yesterday tho? like i said honey, keep the same energy. i dont even resort to this stuff because if posting a chart stat is pandering what do you call this? 

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Automatic

• Cotton

• theweekend

• Green

Just now, KatyPrismSpirit said:

aint this you literally yesterday tho? like i said honey, keep the same energy. i dont even resort to this stuff because if posting a chart stat is pandering what do you call this? 

Don’t call me honey and stop deflecting, you pander for reactions and replies. There’s a whole world outside of atrl, you should experience it more. Maybe you’d be less negative and attention seeking if you logged off for a bit. You’re continuing to quote me so that I reply to you, you can stop now. I’m bored. 

Meg #1 with no hook. Iconic and record breaking. 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, BILLIONAIRE✘BOY said:

The more I think about it, the more I feel like yall just used this single to get back at nicki becuz no one is honestly streaming her music. This is ******* weird. Looks like yall just used Meg and that's weird. If yall aren't here for here outside her beef with nicki then why are yall here? Just fake support, worse than enemies. 

12 hours ago, BILLIONAIRE✘BOY said:

Like...why is this thread dry...

It's not even been a month since it dropped?

Melody/chorus/catchy or not. Why stop listening ,? Yall are fake

Sorry Told You GIF by Janet Jackson

Plus I mean stan sht aside. Forbes and Billboard said it. 

fickle fans give fickle sales.

Edited by Afterglow
  • Thumbs Down 10

32 minutes ago, Afterglow said:

Ain't every publication on Atlantic payroll or Jay-Z or sumn?? Did the cokehead lady lie?

200.gif?cid=a595bef3xfe700bx3jp4tpnz1n82

• Haha 4

34 minutes ago, Afterglow said:

I smell something foul. 

this isn’t breaking news. And no one is denying that people wanted to see Megan win who generally don’t even listen to rap music. She still beat Nicki with two lines 💣

good luck on that burning ship of a tour, if your even supporting Nicki and going. I wouldn’t blame you if you aren’t 

• Like 1

The formula for hot 100 needs to change drastically because how is she getting 18m streams for last week, a lot more than all the songs in top 10 but radio is holding so many of those damn songs up :deadbanana2:

• Thanks 4

Damn not all the bases abandoning Megan after the 1st week. Hopefully they show back up for the album. :sistrens:

• Haha 5
  • Thumbs Down 3

1 hour ago, teenager said:

The formula for hot 100 needs to change drastically because how is she getting 18m streams for last week, a lot more than all the songs in top 10 but radio is holding so many of those damn songs up :deadbanana2:

yeah im confused too, w/e im just ready for the next single I guess 

Nicki was the one who really made this a hit. Cobra deserved the success of HISS more tbh 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, teenager said:

yeah. this is a very bad situation. though that's why I've said in the first week she needed to drop 200k to make radio play it. they're doing it from their own which is crazy, no station start playing it if it wasn't sent in the first place.

and a song like this will never be embraced for pop stations, so longevity will be damned no matter what. 

URBAN

47 48 MEGAN THEE STALLION Hiss 543 416 127 1.373

RHYTHMIC

37 33 MEGAN THEE STALLION Hiss 738 412 326 1.635

anyways, hope she can keep it going through streaming, second week bigger than you know who first weeks so she's good. and as long as it keeps doing good on streaming it will be a hit.

6 hours ago, ontherocks said:

This is a diss track. It did way more than it needed to do. Of course it's not gonna be stable on the charts. Some Nicki stans should just accept that their fave lost this time and hope that Nicki herself finds a way to ditch a sexual predator, drugs, her debt and the second layer of a derriere circulating around her. 

Megan will be fine in the end. 

Um no, it wasn't a diss track, this is her second single where she dissed many people so she can get more attention. This is after strings of underperforming songs despite getting A-list-level resources. She spent money to make the video and everything, so no I don't think her team wanted to see it freefall. It's performing like diss tracks do because nicki lost her cool, and because its not actually a good song. The only way this would have worked for her long-term is if she was consistently making hits, as the billboard article carefully laid out. Because as you can see, all those people aren't here for Meg herself. None of this was good for either of them so I don't get the delusions, because you know its not going to end here. This time last year, everyone was a latto fan, but now, she cant chart herself without controversy. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 10

The coping from a certain fanbase. In its second week, it is #4 in sales and #4 in streams, shifting the 3rd most units of the week.

Obviously, if there was radio on board it would have stabilised higher. Not everyone relies on sample-heavy radio songs while being N/A on Streaming and Sales (Nicci / Everybody - which is the most radio-fuelled song in the Top 40 with 54% of its points coming from radio)

Edited by Both Sides Now
  • Like 9

36 minutes ago, Both Sides Now said:

The coping from a certain fanbase. In its second week, it is #4 in sales and #4 in streams, shifting the 3rd most units of the week.

Obviously, if there was radio on board it would have stabilised higher. Not everyone relies on sample-heavy radio songs while being N/A on Streaming and Sales (Nicci / Everybody - which is the most radio-fuelled song in the Top 40 with 54% of its points coming from radio)

Yeah, Meg doesn't have radio payola for songs that aren't getting streamed.

For people who don't like her to pretend to care about the future of the song means the track really shook more than just the topics at hand: Draike showing d pics to distract from the BBL rumors, we don't even need to revisit the rants of last week and I'm sure Torey is trying to take his aggressions out  on someone to regain his power back from Big Bubba.

At least radio is slowly picking this up but I don't expect much radio play. Maybe top 20 on urban and rhythmic. None on top 40.

Record breaking #1 and it has other stanbases quite bothered still. The impact continues forward.

I could see this landing Best Rap Performance and Best Rap Song noms and actually have a shot at winning which is difficult to do...:coffee2:

Edited by slw84
  • Like 4

Love how direct she was on this. Yall ATRL sissies could learn 1 thing or few from her :jonny2:

I feel like Mariah Carey got these ******* so obsessed :jonny2:

Edited by BILLIONAIRE✘BOY
  • Like 1

A pop feature would be sick next! She should feature brit :jonny2:that breaking out the shell/cage theme would eattttt since she had that in cobra and brit has the mtv snake throwback performance :jonny5:

Edited by BILLIONAIRE✘BOY
  • Haha 1

hey guys

any updates?

• Haha 5

13 minutes ago, Click Clack said:

hey guys

any updates?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

It's not the best update, but I am optimistic about what this can do in the long run.

For one, this brought attention back to Megan's artistry and created more momentum for that album. 

I'm curious if she'll do any award shows or televised performances of the song. 

If Megan and team just wanted to create a splash, mission accomplished. This song had a pop culture moment. Just wondering if there's any further campaigning for Hiss or if they just wanted to allow the hype to have a life of it's own...

• Like 1

At least Meg is getting paid.  Numbers don't matter when you have zero profit and no legacy. 

• Like 1

Megan should be proud of what she accomplished with Hiss:

:clap3: Released the top-charting rap diss of all time, the first to hit #1 on the Hot 100

:clap3: Entered the diss track pantheon, with the "Megan's Law" line being one of the most powerful and concise takedowns in rap history

:clap3: Delivered a "**** you" to every conspiracy theorist who denied that Tory Lanez shot her, even after he was sentenced

:clap3: Exposed a misogynist male rapper who tried to **** shame her, causing him to leak nudes to distract from his embarrassment

:clap3: Torpedoed the current era of the self-appointed gatekeeper of female rap, sending her into a week-long bender

:clap3: Gained leverage in her negotiation with Warner to sign an artist-friendly distribution agreement while remaining independent

:clap3: Stood up for tall women, rape victims, and victims of domestic violence

I can't wait for Megan's next album. It's been a long time since I've been as excited for music as I am now.

Edited by Stimulus
  • Like 7

On 2/11/2024 at 8:58 AM, teenager said:

I said this in another thread. Radio is what’s really holding her back because her streams and sales are on par with the top 10. I just took a look at her positions on different platforms and the only female rapper higher than her is Flo Milli except on iTunes and YouTube.

• Like 1

Taylor's Cruel Summer is also #49 on AM top songs while Hiss is at 48. Around 18 spots were taken by Kanye and Beyonce. The song would be 30 without those releases.

Edited by Aristotle

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.