Megan Thee Stallion - "HISS"

kyliefever2002

8 minutes ago, Afterglow said:

Sis, are you calling out white gays but in here  needing to use the Grammys as a genre definer?  :bibliahh: 

SFG is a hip-hop song that was #1 on multiple HIp-Hop charts if that metric helps you that much.

No, I really want an answer to my questions, where is this rhetoric from, what is a hip-hop song to you, and what makes you a hip-hop aficionado? Oh, and are the artists I mentioned pop stars? Dont need anything else. I'm waiting.

You can wait all you want but that song is pop and you’re just gonna have to be okay with that. Y’all can get up on your good foot and exit with all this spam in the HISS thread. 

A solo #1 hiphop song, not everyone has that.

spacer.png

• Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Automatic

• Cotton

• theweekend

• Green

Nobody was expecting this song to stay in top 15 in the first week let alone the second one. Most of us expected this song to be frontloaded. 

It's still a win. It has low airplay, otherwise with pure units counted it should in the TOP 10 in US.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

she doesnt anymore? this thread is about hiss right

You brought up Nicki in your post… right? 

Are You Alright GIF by NETFLIX

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

3 minutes ago, Aristotle said:

Nobody was expecting this song to stay in top 15 in the first week let alone the second one. Most of us expected this song to be frontloaded. 

It's still a win. It has low airplay, otherwise with pure units counted it should in the TOP 10 in US.

This is the real tea. Hotties weren’t even hoping for Top 15 week 1, let alone week 2. We forgot how powerful our base is 

spacer.png

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

The song is actually good so though. Meg is winning me over and I can’t wait to hear the song she teased on live

the stinky pinkies need to stick to talking about what song that drugged up seal will be flapping, rolling around, and honking to on stage to on her “sold out” Ringling Bros Barnum and Bailey tour in a month! 

but regardless this song achieved SO MUCH. A cultural reset. Literally everyone supporting a black queen putting her feelings in music and not on socials. It’s a great thing and I’m glad to see it. And of course the 3 losers left are screaming and clamoring for attention cause misery is desperate for company

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

The impact of Hiss, straight from the Twitter account of the "fragment fragment woo uh scab fragment foot bullet fragment foot ***** bullet fragment bullet fragment ***** uh she a bullet" protester

Gag-City-DESTROYED-by-Hiss.jpg

Edited by Stimulus
  • Haha 3

megs other fanbase perched in here :lmao:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, 99sandthe2000s said:

I saw it’s certified Gold already too! Her second fanbase will be so pleased, they LOVE Gold singles :jonny6:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Afterglow said:

You know what? Yall kinda just sound dumb and ignoramus arguing on ATRL of all places as to what a "pure" hip-hop song is. Since when are you a hip-hop aficionado? :bibliahh: 

A song doesn't have to include a trap beat, no sample, and no hook to be a hip hop song. Were Run-DMC popstars? Eve? Was Eminem a pop star? Is Ludacris? Jay Z? All hip-hop artists who have top 10's and #1's that include hooks, even bridges and choruses! Imagine that. Did you know there are different styles of hip-hop? Like what is this "pure hip-hop" argument? Something yall saw on Twitter?

Yes SFG is a hip-hop song. Hiss is a hip-hop song. Big Foot is a hip-hop song. Stan **** aside that's just a stupid argument, come with something else and take a history class on hip-hop and black history please.

You know they suddenly become experts in a genre they don’t engage in when it comes to her lmao it’s rinse and repeat with them :sleep:

• Thanks 1

I feel like Mariah Carey, got these ****** so obsessed

Here's some playlists so you can listen more!

• Like 7

Hotties, stop entertaining the sex offender supporters and focus on the wonderful song Meg has blessed us with and the incoming slay that will be her album. Let us not forget the song they are trying to bring up in this thread is produced by that lady’s longtime pop collaborator and alleged sex offender, Dr. Luke, which is an embarrassment in itself.

• Like 6

still have this song on repeat! 

Keep going. It has some steam left! 

• Haha 1

Cobra too>> stream it yall what's going on :jonny5:

• Haha 1

Global Spotify :rip:

#156 (-20) 1,376,941

the way this is #1 on the Global 200 but out of the top 150 on Global Spotify already. Never expected this to age this fast. It barely had a 1.5 week run

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

Just now, KatyPrismSpirit said:

the way this is #1 on the Global 200 but out of the top 150 on Global Spotify already. Never expected this to age this fast. It barely had a 1.5 week run

Still 1.5 week longer than Oinka’s singles run! :supaspaz:

• Like 4

Just now, wantedyoutogrow said:

Still 1.5 week longer than Oinka’s singles run! :supaspaz:

even FTCU which had zero promo nor a video had a longer run on the global 200 than Hiss

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

even FTCU which had zero promo nor a video had a longer run on the global 200 than Hiss

and yet that song and Everybody went N/A on the charts after HISS got released, it’s kinda funny if you think about it

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

Why are you acting like HISS is being promoted on radio, playlists and tv shows? Was it performed somewhere? Its released by an independent artist RAPPER and had the internet going wild. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

HISS - #14 second weed (-13 spots)

Red Ruby - #13 first week (-20 spots in second week)

FCTU - #15 peak week

Edited by Aristotle
  • Thanks 3

5 hours ago, Funnyfatty said:

Why are you acting like HISS is being promoted on radio, playlists and tv shows? Was it performed somewhere? Its released by an independent artist RAPPER and had the internet going wild. 

I mean… to be fair though, it got pushed up +21 on TTH and got cover of Rap Life on AM (after going #1 on H100).  Tbh, I thought that would’ve helped it some.  

It’s def still a success no matter what, b/c this evens the playing field for her to do more.  But it’s not really serving longevity I don’t think.  

They prob should’ve been ready to release a new track immediately after. 

• Thanks 1

it’s just a diss track not even a pop song like Everybody… let’s compare it to Nicki’s own diss track: Big Flop :coffee:

• Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.