Megan Thee Stallion - "HISS"

kyliefever2002

Did anyone else watch Meg on IG Live last night? She said the version of 'Hiss' we heard was condensed & she said a lot more **** on the original. The fact that we're never going to hear it :rip:

Also, she's aware of how all fandoms united to support her, lol. She's so cute :fan:

• Like 6

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Automatic

• Cotton

• theweekend

• Green

It’s kinda dropping hard everywhere :redface: I guess this is what happens with diss songs like this.

Hopefully it’ll stick around in the top 10 for a second week. I feel like the Grammys kind of shifted focus for the music world and this has little airplay to sustain it

im still floored she debuted at #1 with a RAPPY RAP song :jonny6:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Automatic said:

Did anyone else watch Meg on IG Live last night? She said the version of 'Hiss' we heard was condensed & she said a lot more **** on the original. The fact that we're never going to hear it :rip:

Also, she's aware of how all fandoms united to support her, lol. She's so cute :fan:

52 minutes ago, Cotton said:

It’s kinda dropping hard everywhere :redface: I guess this is what happens with diss songs like this.

where's the extended edit???? release it now.

I can stand this bop. I hope radio picks it up fast so it can reach new audiences, that will make it have some legs, but not a lot because this falls in the same WAP situation. there's no hook, too explicit,... still radio picked WAP up but dropped it fast after the peak. it's not a radio single due to the demand they need to play it.

3 minutes ago, 99sandthe2000s said:

Iconic 

4 hours ago, Cotton said:

It’s not a conventional song, it was never gonna have longevity

Now that all eyes are on her we need her to drop a CATCHY banger

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Cain said:

It’s not a conventional song, it was never gonna have longevity

Now that all eyes are on her we need her to drop a CATCHY banger

I wonder how Bongos would have done if it was released now :celestial5: With or without a chorus I think it would have peaked higher and last longer a few more weeks on the charts.

If Eminem couldn't even get a diss record to #1 and it dropped I am not surprised by Hiss. It served its purpose. Radio is taking its time to support it.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Stimulus said:

Megan's #1 hit and Nicki's embarrassingly weak response gave Nicki the most attention she's seen in a long time, yet Big Foot only reached #23 and even you probably don't want to listen to that mess. If you want to vicariously live through Nicki, you should worry about Nicki's declining rap abilities instead of channeling your frustration at anyone else. With two quality singles, Megan's on the way to delivering her strongest album yet.

As if Nicki didn’t just snatch a number 1 album

15+ years into her career prior to this. I-:bibliahh:

• Like 8
  • Thumbs Down 5

22 minutes ago, slw84 said:

If Eminem couldn't even get a diss record to #1 and it dropped I am not surprised by Hiss. It served its purpose. Radio is taking its time to support it.

Not a good example, Killshot was released only on YouTube and wasn't available on itunes and streaming platforms until 5 days later

4 minutes ago, Babyjak said:

As if Nicki didn’t just snatch a number 1 album

15+ years into her career prior to this. I-:bibliahh:

A weak album carried by samples of other people's hits, without a single song that even approaches the quality of Hiss or Cobra. After this week, Nicki will be remembered for being torn apart by Megan, and not for the Rick James singalong that she paid Dr. Luke to produce.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 3

On 2/5/2024 at 7:30 PM, Babyjak said:

Diss track about Nicki, gets praised by Nicki haters, is popular for a few weeks, then returns to flopping. Rinse and repeat, this will be no different :gaycat1:

Heavyonit? 

Edited by Aristotle

12 minutes ago, Stimulus said:

A weak album carried by samples of other people's hits, without a single song that even approaches the quality of Hiss or Cobra. After this week, Nicki will be remembered for being torn apart by Megan, and not for the Rick James singalong that she paid Dr. Luke to produce.

They said the same about Remy, Cardi, Latto and this will be no different. Megan will be selling cool whip in no time like the other girl. Bye sis

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 14

1 hour ago, Babyjak said:

They said the same about Remy, Cardi, Latto and this will be no different. Megan will be selling cool whip in no time like the other girl. Bye sis

Exactly. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 6

US Apple Music

9. Hiss

49. FTCU (-30 spots since Hiss release)

147. Everybody (-80 spots since Hiss release)

favorite-look-from-megan-thee-stallions-hiss-v0-3r5kdlykm0fc1.gif?width=540&auto=webp&s=98a86ba6ab324992505f0b2afbb8745108ecfe55

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

Barbz gathering in here since there’s nothing to discuss in the Big Arms thread 

spacer.png

• Like 6
  • Haha 6

Ngl i want them to promote this song harder. A pure rap diss track like this wont always be a hit

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Babyjak said:

Temu-nails.webp

• Haha 6

11 hours ago, Babyjak said:

awh, and selling "cool whip" is what nicki should be doing to get rid of that debt... oh wait! instead shes paying her dealer; trying to secure 20 pounds of coke. book her in rehab sis. NEXT.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Babyjak said:

Is being a smart business woman supposed to be a drag? only for losers. Lmao some invest in business and get money while others… well…

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

This still hits so hard. So glad she got that number 1

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Garbaj said:

awh, and selling "cool whip" is what nicki should be doing to get rid of that debt... oh wait! instead shes paying her dealer; trying to secure 20 pounds of coke. book her in rehab sis. NEXT.

You really thought you ate with this huh :bibliahh:

• Confused 1

13 hours ago, wish said:

US Apple Music

9. Hiss

49. FTCU (-30 spots since Hiss release)

147. Everybody (-80 spots since Hiss release)

favorite-look-from-megan-thee-stallions-hiss-v0-3r5kdlykm0fc1.gif?width=540&auto=webp&s=98a86ba6ab324992505f0b2afbb8745108ecfe55

Now…for context though, she’s not on TT anymore due to Universal pulling everything.  So that’s impacting those songs. 

Which is kinda funny because she said she don’t make “no TikTok music” :skull:  Should’ve been embracing it from the beginning, now she don’t even have it as an option anymore :gaycat6:

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

19 minutes ago, Babyjak said:

You really thought you ate with this huh :bibliahh:

no.. but you thought you ate with your previous post. huh

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.