Megan Thee Stallion - "HISS"

kyliefever2002

1 hour ago, Hunter_13 said:

I think LOM did like 6k downloads last week. 

So they mass bought 3k sales?

50 cent laughing GIF

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Automatic

• Cotton

• theweekend

• Green

queen locking in those Grammys wins next year :fan:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, B-Luke said:

Predicted #4 second week so far :jonny5:

Why #4? I think if its announced as #1 the sales and streams will increase again but did the streams fall or something? 

Just now, Funnyfatty said:

Why #4? I think if its announced as #1 the sales and streams will increase again but did the streams fall or something? 

It dropped quite a bit on US Spotify today: 1,477,128 (-352,352)

2 minutes ago, B-Luke said:

Isn’t that the sunday update? 

i dont have spotify btw do you have her everyday numbers + her total? I’m so supporting her this era :duca: 

3 minutes ago, Funnyfatty said:

Even if it's still the #1 seller, first week sales were already too huge to sustain (90k), it should drop below 30k next week.

This has done everything it needed to do. Gag the rap climate, go #1 and create a huge MOMENTUM for Megan. 

But we need a new single ASAP. This Friday or next Friday at the latest. Like before the end of February. This type of song is not something you ride out for a long time

• Like 1

Just now, Funnyfatty said:

Isn’t that the sunday update? 

i dont have spotify btw do you have her everyday numbers + her total? I’m so supporting her this era :duca: 

Today‘s numbers are the Saturday update.

Day 9: 1,477,128

Day 8: 1,829,480

Day 7: 1,867,386

Day 6: 1,639,359

Day 5: 1,679,387

Day 4: 1,649,483

Day 3: 1,079,069

Day 2: 1,248,253

Day 1: 1,117,678

Total (US): 13,587,223

• Like 2

I hate being so negative but I don't know why we're cheering for Warner, 300 when they don't really do anything for Megan (not really). Wasn't Megan suing them for leaking Traumazine to 1501 (or something like that). :rip:

So I'm not gagging at the headlines I'm gagging at the momentum. Hopefully Megan can follow this up with a strong INTERNATIONAL hit (in her lane)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, B-Luke said:

I low key expected this. Hopefully it stabilizes around this number

It kinda had a big drop but I hope it manages to hold on to #1 for at least one more day to beat Yes, And’s record. But either way the numbers are still great & this is a bonafide SMASH. 

Definitely won’t be losing its AM #1 anytime soon :clap3:

• Like 3

2 hours ago, chaneloberlin said:

This has done everything it needed to do. Gag the rap climate, go #1 and create a huge MOMENTUM for Megan. 

But we need a new single ASAP. This Friday or next Friday at the latest. Like before the end of February. This type of song is not something you ride out for a long time

Girl it’s been 9 days shdhfhf I think it  deserves at least a month to reign freely. But she really needs to announce the album, hopefully it’s released in late March/early April 

14 minutes ago, Cotton said:

It kinda had a big drop but I hope it manages to hold on to #1 for at least one more day to beat Yes, And’s record. But either way the numbers are still great & this is a bonafide SMASH. 

Definitely won’t be losing its AM #1 anytime soon :clap3:

Unfortunately has already :-x

1 +1
21 Savage - redrum
2 -1
Megan Thee Stallion - HISS

Doesn‘t matter thought, it did what needed to be done

17 minutes ago, B-Luke said:

Unfortunately has already :-x

1 +1
21 Savage - redrum
2 -1
Megan Thee Stallion - HISS

Doesn‘t matter thought, it did what needed to be done

Oh it seems it lost it a few hours ago. But yeah it did what it needed to and it’s still had the biggest sales week of the year so it’s okay. :michael: 

Now that the controversy has worn off it’ll stabilise soon enough. Hopefully in the top 3

3 hours ago, chaneloberlin said:

:deadbanana: it just came out and its holding up well though. I think the song can keep the momentum going for a few more weeks. She should announce the album asap, an April release with the 3rd single would be great imo. Snatching a big feature/collab might also create more hype for her.

• Like 2

The last two days people were clearly railing behind her for the #1 so it built the momentum around 1.8kk. It’s back to what it was doing before the #1 prediction came out. Once it’s doing around 1.1kk we know it’s bleeding and dying. I’ll give two more weeks for the song in the top 10 region. Maybe if radio picks it up it will linger under the top 20 for a while, just like Plan B and other singles. It would be doubly awesome if pop audiences picked It’s Not my Fault for top 40 at the same time.

But without radio it will slowly bleed. As someone above said it: they need a new song out by then (if rhythmic, urban and hip hop stations snub this)

Edited by liquiddiamonds
  • Like 2

yeah she shouldn't wait too much for the album release and the new single.

A new single with crossover appeal featuring a popstar -> album the following week.

1 hour ago, Starkboy said:

yeah she shouldn't wait too much for the album release and the new single.

A new single with crossover appeal featuring a popstar -> album the following week.

I don’t know about the crossover thing… Meg usually doesn’t fare well with these pop rap attempts. Sweetest Pie had a lot of hype and died on arrival (maybe also because Dua doesn’t have that much power herself in the US, and she was clearly trying to make up regarding the DaBaby thing). It’s Not My Fault was climbing but Hiss did way better even before Nicki freaked out on Social Media. Rap is her lane. If it’s a feature then her next song needs another A-List rap or R&B name. Too bad she wasted another Cardi collab with Bongos. As far as rap girls go (that are not Nicki’s current lapdogs) we still have Doja for a real collab. Doechii is on the come up, so it’s less of a surefire hit. There’s LnX but he needs to fix his image first.

For R&B she can hook SZA, Summer, Victoria Monet, HER, and Coco for a radio hit or even bet on names like Jazmine Sullivan, Kehlani, that can be more hit-or-miss with it for different reasons.

I can only see Ariana or Tyla as hook pop girls for her, but they are both amidst their own new eras and they will have something else out by then (march).

Then there’s the men, but we need to check if they were supporting Tory. Some that are popping are aligned with Drake…

Meg should also check their history with misogynoir so as to not fall in another DaBaby situation and lose her main support group which is basically black women.

But at the end of the day it just needs to be playable single for urban radio. We will see how Hiss will do, but usually diss records don’t dominate like that beyond the internet and streaming sphere. Her next song needs to be a Body, Thot **** or Don’t Stop type of playable song

Edited by liquiddiamonds
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, liquiddiamonds said:

I don’t know about the crossover thing… Meg usually doesn’t fare well with these pop rap attempts. Sweetest Pie had a lot of hype and died on arrival (maybe also because Dua doesn’t have that much power herself in the US, and she was clearly trying to make up regarding the DaBaby thing). It’s Not My Fault was climbing but Hiss did way better even before Nicki freaked out on Social Media. Rap is her lane. If it’s a feature then her next song needs another A-List rap or R&B name. Too bad she wasted another Cardi collab with Bongos. As far as rap girls go (that are not Nicki’s current lapdogs) we still have Doja for a real collab. Doechii is on the come up, so it’s less of a surefire hit. For R&B she can hook SZA, Summer, Victoria Monet, HER, and Coco for a radio hit or even bet on names like Jazmine Sullivan, Kehlani, that can be more hit-or-miss with it for different reasons.

I can only see Ariana or Tyla as hook pop girls for her, but they are both amidst their own new eras and they will have something else out by then (march).

Then there’s the men, but we need to check if they were supporting Tory.

But at the end of the day it just needs to be playable single for urban radio. We will see how Hiss will do, but usually diss records don’t dominate like that beyond the internet and streaming sphere. 

Honestly, I think a Doja collab makes the most sense for both of them.  Credibility in Urban space for Doja (while in her hip-hop era), and crossover appeal for Meg.  And neither of them have collaborated before either (not counting the Ari song).  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, professor2000 said:

Honestly, I think a Doja collab makes the most sense for both of them.  Credibility in Urban space for Doja (while in her hip-hop era), and crossover appeal for Meg.  And neither of them have collaborated before either (not counting the Ari song).  

And looks like both are in Roc Nation, so it’s a real possibility. It’s up to Doja if she wants to freak super freaky girl lol it will be WAP 2.0. The way Nicki has been shading her over and over it’s closer to happen than back in 2021

Edited by liquiddiamonds

#4 still surpasses most expectations from when this song was first announced. Still a position worthy of celebration 

• Like 3

the bbl line still makes me scream

drake is probably happy that onika’s antics overshadowed that drag nnn

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.