Avril Lavigne - Greatest Hits Tour 2024

ChapelHooker

Stuart Derdeyn - Vancouver Sun:

Avril Lavigne delivers the hits at Vancouver tour launch

° The career retrospective she packed into around 90 minutes really did deliver all hits and no filler.

° At 39 years old, she still skips across the stage like she did at age 17. She swears like an adult.

° Not that many pop singers have the kind of pipes where they have to use proper mic technique to avoid massive distortion and feedback. Lavigne has that kind of control and it's pure pro.

° All told, Avril Lavigne's Greatest Hits is the kind of legacy act showcase that will paste smiles on the faces of now 40-something fans and do nothing to change the minds of anyone who didn't really connect with the whole pop punk thing that is enjoying a full-force comeback right now.

Source: https://vancouversun.com/entertainment/music/avril-lavigne-vancouver-concert-review-tour-launch-rogers-arena

• Haha 1

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ivan_brit

• greeneyedsoul

• KKCuteCat

• KKKIMO92

I was shook to see at least she did Hot :eek: that's a start :clap3: now she better add Nobody's Home & Wish You We're Here come on Avril both are big hits 

Also let's keep in mind that a lot of her dates are for festivals in most of them they only allow you to do 45min - 1 hour set so I guess that's why she did not add a lot of songs, she will most likely will do all songs she did at festivals except Fake as Hell that's means a 14 song Setlist 

7 hours ago, KKCuteCat said:

Apparently, the second show was also sold out with 16k attendees  :clap3:. And i was told the cheapest ticket priced $120? :clap3: Queen of sucking money out of her fans without putting any efforts :clap3:

The venue looks big & Sold Out, Avril getting money from this tour 

She also add more production I see some fireworks at some songs & fire 

She changed the Im With You / HAW outfit 

2 hours ago, KKCuteCat said:

Tbh, i feel like nobody could care less if she remove He Wasn't and the Love Sux's singles from the setlist. But she keeps performing them while ignoring songs like NH, WYWH and Losing Grip?

Bite Me is here to stay. I just think that now with the acknowledgement of Hot and Losing grip the setlist would be nearly perfect if she replaced Fake as who and Loathe it when you bomb me with Nobody's home and WYWH :rip:

Then add Keep holding on so it gets 100% perfect. It's crazy how close it is for her to be a decent touring artist but she fucks it up everytime.

Damn, adding Hot and Losing Grip is a start, but she really needs to perform Hot in full length and not a 1 minute version :skull:

I don't get it. I love Hot, but why did she add this song instead of others that are supposed to be on the GH album? KHO, RNR, IAM? I thought the GH album and this tour were somehow related. lol... if she's doing the 1-minute version of songs, then sing 30 seconds more for each of these three songs.

RNR is one of those songs that doesn't need to be sung in full, by the way. Just the 'let 'em know that we're still rock and roll' part + the chorus. That would be a start.

This was good, her vocals are great. Better view of the whole stage too

• Like 1

Same setlist as in Auburn, Wa. 

And again, pretty decent comments for the show. We Little Melistars can never win. :'(

She should do a melody, mixing some songs she doesn't want to perform in full with some deep cuts, it would be great.

Ngl, this was cute. :chick3:

How the hell her tour was sold out is a mysterious to me :eli: 

She literally is doing Hot chrous but that's it not even 1 verse :dies:  she is doing it after HTNGU

5 hours ago, KKKIMO92 said:

She should do a melody, mixing some songs she doesn't want to perform in full with some deep cuts, it would be great.

Exactly she need an acustic part Add Nobodys Home at all shows then switch to other songs like:

- Keep Holding On

- Breakaway

- Wish You Were Here

- Rock N Roll

- Im A Mess

Or an Acustic Medley could also be a great idea

But this also means that she needs to rehearse THAT WILL NOT HAPPEN :rip: we know & she comfirm at recent podcast that she stays up very late 5am & wakes up at 3pm 

1 hour ago, KKCuteCat said:

How the hell her tour was sold out is a mysterious to me :eli: 

Obviously, people aren't into her newer albums. This is not shade; her first three albums will always be more popular than anything released afterward. What the general public doesn't know is that she's been doing greatest hits tours since after the release of GL. Usually, you would expect an artist to promote their newest music with the most current tour, but that wasn't the case for AL, HAW, and LS. :eli:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ivan_brit said:

She literally is doing Hot chrous but that's it not even 1 verse :dies:  she is doing it after HTNGU

Exactly she need an acustic part Add Nobodys Home at all shows then switch to other songs like:

- Keep Holding On

- Breakaway

- Wish You Were Here

- Rock N Roll

- Im A Mess

Or an Acustic Medley could also be a great idea

But this also means that she needs to rehearse THAT WILL NOT HAPPEN :rip: we know & she comfirm at recent podcast that she stays up very late 5am & wakes up at 3pm 

She stays up till 5am because she likes to play around during tour, not rehearsing tho. Logically, she should do an upbeat melody and an acoustic melody which means she can cover 25-28 songs in the tour which will both satisfy causal and core fans. 

im afraid she will not change unless that's generally bad reviews which aren't. it's sad for us that she would rather use that energy to party than puting more efforts for the fans. 

Here the full hot "thing" + the video of Let Go era is cute & pure nostalgia

16 hours ago, Ivan_brit said:

Here the full hot "thing" + the video of Let Go era is cute & pure nostalgia

She hates Hot for sure. Didn't her and Evan wrote that song? It always puzzle me why they choose Hot over Runaway, I thought it was because Evan wrote that song with her…..

Alysong Eng for BroadwayWorld:

• Setlist: Avril Lavigne played a total of 15 songs, with 13 in her main set and 2 encore songs.
  • Technical Issues: The concert experienced some sound problems, with audio cutting in and out at times.
  • Audience Interaction: Lavigne shared a special connection with the audience, mentioning her early concerts in Vancouver and interacting with fans on stage.
  • Opening Acts: Royal & The Serpent and All Time Low opened the show, effectively warming up the crowd with energetic performances.
  • Nostalgic Appeal: The concert had a strong sense of nostalgia, with fans dressed in styles reminiscent of Lavigne's early 2000s era.
  • Performance Energy: Despite the setlist being slightly shorter than expected, the high energy and meaningful song transitions left a positive impression on the audience.

Full review: https://www.broadwayworld.com/vancouver/article/Review-AVRIL-LAVIGNE-kicks-off-her-Greatest-Hits-Tour-in-Vancouver-20240528

Krysten Maier for Concert Addicts:

• Opening Night Energy: Avril Lavigne kicked off her North American tour with a high-energy, nostalgia-filled performance at Rogers Arena in Vancouver to a sold-out crowd.
  • Nostalgic Appeal: The concert was filled with nostalgic moments, with fans reliving their youth and belting out classics like "Girlfriend" and "Complicated."
  • Fan Interaction: Avril interacted warmly with the audience, reminiscing about her first concert in Vancouver and bringing fans on stage for a memorable experience.
  • Supporting Acts: The show featured opening performances by Royal & The Serpent and All Time Low, both of whom energized the crowd with their sets.
  • Technical Issues: Despite some sound problems that occasionally marred the performance, Avril's strong vocals and stage presence kept the audience engaged.
  • Encore Performance: The encore included powerful renditions of "Head Above Water" and "I'm With You," highlighted by the audience's dazzling display of cell phone lights.

Full review: https://www.concertaddicts.com/reviews/live-review-avril-lavigne-rogers-arena-vancouver-may-22nd-2024

3/3 on positive reviews so far. :eli:

High energy? :eli: 

Interesting review :eli: 

New GODbye lullaby jacket for the first section of the show :gaydonnacat1:

• Like 1

Australia dates PLZ!!

• Like 1

tour looks boring as hell but I need to go anyways

We bullied her into more songs lol

35 minutes ago, Sky Engineer said:

We bullied her into more songs lol

It's seems like she performed The Best Damn Thing (song) without excluding any of the previous songs.

20 minutes ago, greeneyedsoul said:

It's seems like she performed The Best Damn Thing (song) without excluding any of the previous songs.

Wow 18 songs!! Keep bullying her!! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Each venue Kees getting bigger :jonny5:

The Best Damn Thing added :eek: I did not see this coming :clap3:

Maybe she should to a Medley of Hot / TBDT & add Rock N Roll  etc 

Next show is LA Kia Forum… :party: come one Avril we are ready for Nobody's Home & Wish You We're Here debuts at this tour :duca:

She's punishing US melissalights for letting Nobody's Home flop outside the top 40. Nobody's Home will debut in Europe and South America. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.